gchurchill will become famous soon enough. (+50) gchurchill will become famous soon enough. (+50) gchurchill will become famous soon enough. (+50) gchurchill will become famous soon enough. (+50) gchurchill will become famous soon enough. (+50) gchurchill will become famous soon enough. (+50) gchurchill will become famous soon enough. (+50) gchurchill will become famous soon enough. (+50) gchurchill will become famous soon enough. (+50) gchurchill will become famous soon enough. (+50) gchurchill will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Odd Keto Experience

For the month of October I acclimated to a ketogenic diet, and for the month of November I was 100% keto. I returned to a normal diet for the month of December up to January 17th, at which point I returned to keto.

My problem is, I've been urinating an intense amount of ketones since I've begun, but I haven't adhered to the diet 100%. I enjoyed the diet and I'm attempting to take a more casual, but long-term, approach. On the 17th I ate cheese for most of the day, with the addition of a pasta and cheese lunch. On the 18th I ate a donut in the morning and a burger and fries, sans bun, for lunch, and cheese for dinner. On Saturday I had about 200g of carbs from various sources, and cheese. Today has been about the same. I know, poor discipline, but it's a lot easier to go keto during the week and I'm still sort of ramping up.

Back to the problem: Since the 17th, I've been consistently urinating ketones to the point of it being it being obvious to anybody standing at the urinals beside me at work. Sometimes it has a strong acetone smell while other times it has a strong metallic smell. Am I really burning fat when I've got this abundance of carbs, or is something else going awry? Google urine smells and you get a bunch of alarmist forum posts, but this forum has been a lot more knowledgeable when it's come to my past topics.

Has anybody else had this issue? Does anybody know what's up?

Thanks

Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    You are probably dehydrated, which causes ketones in urine to be more concentrated. Drink more water.
    www.squidoo.com/keto-diet

Was 300+ lbs.
    Logs
    90 day XAT-7 and Cardio Igniter forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=146779723
    TEST-PEAK http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=149177173
    2013 BB.com challenge log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=150876933

Sugar Alcohols...Explained http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=151110953

Metabolic advantage of keto diet: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=153834101

FoxxUnbeatable has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    How do you know your urinating ketones? Because your piss stinks?

I'm highly doubting you are ketosis, eating 200g of carbs three days in a row. Not ruling it our entirely, just doubting it. Most likely your urine stinks because you are either dehydrated or are not meeting your nutritional requirements (which as you say, you're living off cheese and crap food). Up your water intake and clean up your diet. Most cheese is keto friendly, yet I wouldn't recommend keeping it as a staple in your diet.

Inflammation of the urethra or a kidney infection is also a possibility, see your doctor if your worried about it.

gchurchill will become famous soon enough. (+50) gchurchill will become famous soon enough. (+50) gchurchill will become famous soon enough. (+50) gchurchill will become famous soon enough. (+50) gchurchill will become famous soon enough. (+50) gchurchill will become famous soon enough. (+50) gchurchill will become famous soon enough. (+50) gchurchill will become famous soon enough. (+50) gchurchill will become famous soon enough. (+50) gchurchill will become famous soon enough. (+50) gchurchill will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I'm using ketostix and I've been staying well hydrated. I'll probably piss in a cup for somebody to make sure there isn't anything wrong.
    Last edited by gchurchill; 01-20-2013 at 04:58 PM.

FoxxUnbeatable has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Make sure it's a doctor and not just 'somebody'. Not everyone would appreciate a cup of piss.

PM me your address. I have something for you to look at.