nleight2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nleight2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nleight2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nleight2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nleight2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nleight2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nleight2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nleight2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nleight2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nleight2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nleight2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

455 deadlift form check, any comments/tips would be appreciated!

Hey everyone, so a couple of days ago I hit a new PR for my deadlift which is said in the title and I luckily got it on video...I did 1 lift of 435 and then one of 455 and was wondering if I could get any advice on what I could do to bump that number up some more haha...Any constructive criticism or comments will help!

I had to upload the videos to my YouTube channel because for whatever reason I couldn't attach the file onto this. If you could check out either of the videos it would be much appreciated, thanks!

I would give the url, but it's not letting me put it in due to my low post count, if anyone could check out either of them I would really appreciate it! The channel is called: nickleight
    Those are the only two videos on there, but again I would really appreciate any pointers given, thanks!

*****outube.com/watch?v=ReOycovQ16c&list=UU1YECIABO7I0rEtpI3t0mmA

SKINUM will become famous soon enough. (+50) SKINUM will become famous soon enough. (+50) SKINUM will become famous soon enough. (+50) SKINUM will become famous soon enough. (+50) SKINUM will become famous soon enough. (+50) SKINUM will become famous soon enough. (+50) SKINUM will become famous soon enough. (+50) SKINUM will become famous soon enough. (+50) SKINUM will become famous soon enough. (+50) SKINUM will become famous soon enough. (+50) SKINUM will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by nleight2 View Post
    Hey everyone, so a couple of days ago I hit a new PR for my deadlift which is said in the title and I luckily got it on video...I did 1 lift of 435 and then one of 455 and was wondering if I could get any advice on what I could do to bump that number up some more haha...Any constructive criticism or comments will help!

I had to upload the videos to my YouTube channel because for whatever reason I couldn't attach the file onto this. If you could check out either of the videos it would be much appreciated, thanks!

I would give the url, but it's not letting me put it in due to my low post count, if anyone could check out either of them I would really appreciate it! The channel is called: nickleight
    Those are the only two videos on there, but again I would really appreciate any pointers given, thanks!

*****outube.com/watch?v=ReOycovQ16c&list=UU1YECIABO7I0rEtpI3t0mmA
    Perhaps start with your hips a bit higher. They seemed to move quite a bit before the weight started to move. So, you are setting yourself up for the pull to become more of a back pull then a good distribution.

Kudos for a nice pull!

nleight2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nleight2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nleight2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nleight2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nleight2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nleight2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nleight2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nleight2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nleight2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nleight2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nleight2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by SKINUM View Post
    Perhaps start with your hips a bit higher. They seemed to move quite a bit before the weight started to move. So, you are setting yourself up for the pull to become more of a back pull then a good distribution.

Kudos for a nice pull!
    Thanks man! I'll definitely try that out next time

mlord86 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mlord86 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mlord86 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mlord86 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mlord86 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mlord86 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mlord86 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mlord86 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mlord86 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mlord86 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mlord86 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Pretend you are leg pressing the earth away, drive with your back, and keep your hips down like the previous poster and you will nail 500 plus in no time. I am like you I pull with my back a lot but it has never slowed me down.

Originally Posted by mlord86 View Post
    Pretend you are leg pressing the earth away, drive with your back, and keep your hips down like the previous poster and you will nail 500 plus in no time. I am like you I pull with my back a lot but it has never slowed me down.
    Yeah this is the first time I've ever had a video recorded of it and watching it over and over now I'm surprised I haven't hurt my back yet lol..But I'm definitely going to keep the whole leg press thing in mind and try to use more of my legs, anything to get that number higher haha, thanks!

rsingla534 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rsingla534 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rsingla534 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rsingla534 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rsingla534 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rsingla534 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rsingla534 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rsingla534 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rsingla534 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rsingla534 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rsingla534 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Not sure how to give an exact frame on youtube, but if you look at the few frames that cover 0:17 you can see that you hyperextend your back. The lift is done when your knees and hips are extended, no need to lean back like you did.

Also, fwiw I think some of your starting position problems can be alleviated by focusing on the hip hinge. I spent some time developing muscle memory for this last week and added 15 lbs to a two week old DL pr. The way I practiced was stand about 6 inches away from a wall and push your butt to the wall. Then do it a little further and a little further.

youtube.com/watch?v=TT838Ha2xmA