Closed Thread
    danstelter will become famous soon enough. (+50) danstelter will become famous soon enough. (+50) danstelter will become famous soon enough. (+50) danstelter will become famous soon enough. (+50) danstelter will become famous soon enough. (+50) danstelter will become famous soon enough. (+50) danstelter will become famous soon enough. (+50) danstelter will become famous soon enough. (+50) danstelter will become famous soon enough. (+50) danstelter will become famous soon enough. (+50) danstelter will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Fatigued all the time and only 35...eating too much protein?

Hi everyone -

I'm not so much a bodybuilder, but like to be physically healthy. Have lost about 20 lbs in the last couple years and feel good in that regard.

But...as the title of my post suggests, I'm having fatigue issues. A couple times per year, and this lasts anywhere from 2-6 weeks or so, I sleep my normal 6-8 hour night, plus another 2.5-hour nap-usually in the afternoon.

I'm literally so gassed and exhausted I just crash and can't do anything else. I used to think this is because I'm a borderline workaholic (45-50 hours per week, so not the worst), and I have a extremely rocky marriage with my wife going through severe PTSD, lost a business and have all sorts of financial chaos.

So, I figured I just have so much stress that I'm shutting down.

But after thinking about my diet, it struck me the primary factor may actually be overdoing it on protein. I have a hard time feeling full. I get a hungry a lot. And I discovered protein shakes (just the ones you get from any grocery store) fill you up. My wife would get frustrated and angry with herself because I'd always want to eat just a couple hours after supper (think I'm hypoglycemic too).

Anyway, I usually eat a protein shake in the morning and evening. Most of the time, that's all I have at both those meals. And for lunch I have cheese, yogurt, meat, nuts, and then fruits and veggies like apples, cucumbers, carrots, and tomatoes.

So it's a pretty protein-heavy diet.

When I hit these fatigue states, I'll wake up between 5:30 - 6:30. I feel awake and aware until 9:30 - 10:30.

Then, all of a sudden, I can see myself starting to crash. My brain gets really foggy. I work at home on a laptop all day, and it gets hard to concentrate and think. I'll even get dizzy.

Lately, I've even gone as far as getting jittery. A 135-lb bench press is pretty easy for me, and I feel like that would be a huge struggle. I just have no mental energy - and little physical energy.

For the last month, I've done this routine of sleeping 6-8 hours at night and then another 2-3 in the afternoon, usually from 12:30 - 3:00 or so.

This weekend, I literally sat stupefied in front of the TV, not knowing what else to do because I was so tired, groggy, and physically fatigued. And I love to be super-active.

Lately, I'll also get a metallic taste in my mouth, and feel kinda nauseous from time-to-time.

This much fatigue seems abnormal - even for all the stress I'm going through.

Quick internet research reveals it may be a mix of complex carbs and potassium and reducing protein intake. I'm open to any advice.

I run my own business and love to physically exercise (basketball, lifting weights) so I want to eat for maximum energy, alertness, and productivity.

Curious to hear your thoughts on all this.

Dan

AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    You didn't even state how much protein you're eating....

Sounds mental to me. But why not see a doctor to be sure?
    "When I die, I hope it's early in the morning so I don't have to go to work that day for no reason"

Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    I'm a doctor. My advice is to see a doctor. This likely has nothing to do with your diet (or if it does the diet is likely a small component). There are lots of medical things that can be considered as a cause of fatigue, a few are anemia, obstructive sleep apnea, hypo/hyperthyroidism, depression, post-viral fatigue, medication side effects, etc. If you see a doctor and there is no medical concern then it may be more due to overall lifestyle.

danstelter will become famous soon enough. (+50) danstelter will become famous soon enough. (+50) danstelter will become famous soon enough. (+50) danstelter will become famous soon enough. (+50) danstelter will become famous soon enough. (+50) danstelter will become famous soon enough. (+50) danstelter will become famous soon enough. (+50) danstelter will become famous soon enough. (+50) danstelter will become famous soon enough. (+50) danstelter will become famous soon enough. (+50) danstelter will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Heisman2 View Post
    I'm a doctor. My advice is to see a doctor. This likely has nothing to do with your diet (or if it does the diet is likely a small component). There are lots of medical things that can be considered as a cause of fatigue, a few are anemia, obstructive sleep apnea, hypo/hyperthyroidism, depression, post-viral fatigue, medication side effects, etc. If you see a doctor and there is no medical concern then it may be more due to overall lifestyle.
    This is the problem. I don't have thousands of dollars for tests. In a financial crunch. The medical system frequently turns it into a mess of "better check to see if it's this or that," but no one shows any concern for how it gets paid for. I'm flat-ass broke at this point in life, so every dollar counts.

I'd like to start with my own research and analysis first. The medical system, while it does not like to admit it, is frequently wrong. That has certainly been the case with my wife - we are now $80,000 in medical debt with absolutely no resolution or solution for any of her health problems.

AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by danstelter View Post
    This is the problem. I don't have thousands of dollars for tests. In a financial crunch. The medical system frequently turns it into a mess of "better check to see if it's this or that," but no one shows any concern for how it gets paid for. I'm flat-ass broke at this point in life, so every dollar counts.

I'd like to start with my own research and analysis first. The medical system, while it does not like to admit it, is frequently wrong. That has certainly been the case with my wife - we are now $80,000 in medical debt with absolutely no resolution or solution for any of her health problems.
    Doctors don't always know the costs of tests. My dad, an ER physician of 35+ years, gets this same response from patients all the time, but you need to understand that they are there to identify, treat, and prevent problems, not deal with the checks and balances. You always have the option to NOT have tests done if you ask for a price and it isn't what you can pay.

I'm sorry to say this but, with the nebulous nature of your symptoms, you're going to go running in circles trying to self-diagnose anything. You can always just try reducing protein and seeing what happens, but again, if it continues you know what you have to do.

Your issues could be something as cheap and easy to fix as a vitamin D deficiency or as serious as AIDS.
    "When I die, I hope it's early in the morning so I don't have to go to work that day for no reason"

Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)

If you are in the USA try to find a free health clinic. If there is a good one available to you then you can get a large number of tests potentially at no cost, depending on our financial situation. I'd call first and see if they will take you.

AdamWW is correct in the sense that we typically have no idea what the costs of the things we order are. It sucks.

Well I know I don't have AIDs. What kinds of test am I looking to get done? Where do I even start? Because, after all, this could be mostly psychological stress and not even dietary, as admitted earlier.

If you are in the USA try to find a free health clinic. If there is a good one available to you then you can get a large number of tests potentially at no cost, depending on our financial situation. I'd call first and see if they will take you.

AdamWW is correct in the sense that we typically have no idea what the costs of the things we order are. It sucks.
    Doctors do a great service. But even doctors can be wrong. And we in the West don't value or respect the psychological aspect of things, which can have an enormous impact on physical health.

And then again my situation could be purely physical too. It's really hard to sort things out sometimes.

Originally Posted by AdamWW View Post
    Doctors don't always know the costs of tests. My dad, an ER physician of 35+ years, gets this same response from patients all the time, but you need to understand that they are there to identify, treat, and prevent problems, not deal with the checks and balances. You always have the option to NOT have tests done if you ask for a price and it isn't what you can pay.

I'm sorry to say this but, with the nebulous nature of your symptoms, you're going to go running in circles trying to self-diagnose anything. You can always just try reducing protein and seeing what happens, but again, if it continues you know what you have to do.

Your issues could be something as cheap and easy to fix as a vitamin D deficiency or as serious as AIDS.
    Well I know I don't have AIDs. What kinds of test am I looking to get done? Where do I even start? Because, after all, this could be mostly psychological stress and not even dietary, as admitted earlier.

Doctors do a great service. But even doctors can be wrong. And we in the West don't value or respect the psychological aspect of things, which can have an enormous impact on physical health.

And then again my situation could be purely physical too. It's really hard to sort things out sometimes.
    Well a doctor would evaluate for a psychological component as well. I at least very strongly value the psychological aspect of things; most primary care physicians do.

First just my thoughts on common things....

- Sleep issues
    - Depression
    - Vitamin/Mineral deficiencies
    - Allergies (seasonal or even food related... even just a food intolerance)
    - Over-exercise
    - Sitting too much at work
    - Seasonal depression
    - Anxiety
    - Anemia
    - Hormonal issues (such as thyroid, testosterone, etc)
    - Infection/recurring infection
    - Inner-ear problems

I don't know the typical cost of a CBC and Metabolic panel test, but those two tests alone could (not will, but COULD) almost immediately find signs of the issue(s)... in as fast as ONE test.

Example: If you get a blood draw and your RBC is extremely low, or your liver enzymes are off the charts, etc, to me THAT is worth the cost of a test or two because at least you'd know to approach it from a medical (as opposed to psychological) direction. I'm not saying sign up for an open-heart transplant, but honestly a clean set of even basic, cheaper blood tests would rule out many, many more serious things.

Google found me this: https://www.saveonmedical.com/blog/c...ous-lab-tests/
    Last edited by AdamWW; 05-31-2018 at 06:39 PM.

Registered User ErikTheElectric's Avatar
    ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Fatigue can stem from a plethora of factors, if it's reoccurring fatigue get your labs done.

Originally Posted by ErikTheElectric View Post
    Fatigue can stem from a plethora of factors, if it's reoccurring fatigue get your labs done.
    Ended up getting a blood test. Nothing unusual about it. My cholesterol is slightly high at 201, but that is likely because I am a unrepentant meat eater. Of the things we've discussed in this post, what does that rule out?

What blood tests did you get?

Registered User ErikTheElectric's Avatar
    ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    What blood tests did you get?
    This.

Inb4 a basic CBC.

Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    All the important information is missing from this thread: your weight, your macros, cutting/bulking, how much exercise per week, what lifting program etc.
    Recommended science based fitness & nutrition information:
    Alan Aragon https://alanaragon.com/
    Brad Schoenfeld http://www.lookgreatnaked.com/
    James Krieger https://weightology.net/
    Jorn Trommelen http://www.nutritiontactics.com/
    Eric Helms & Team3DMJ https://3dmusclejourney.com/

EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Anyway, I usually eat a protein shake in the morning and evening. Most of the time, that's all I have at both those meals. n
    Sounds foolish. Shakes aren't meals.

I'd see a doctor and get a physical and blood work before scouring the internet for secret solutions. Blood work does not cost thousands of dollars and neither does a physical. It can rule out any number of simple to fix issues. Many mental health professionals work on a sliding scale too. There are low cost options.

You're worth it.
    The most important aspect of weight training; whether for the athlete, bodybuilder, or average person is to better ones health and ability without injury. - Bill Pearl

Nedo is a name known to all. (+5000) Nedo is a name known to all. (+5000) Nedo is a name known to all. (+5000) Nedo is a name known to all. (+5000) Nedo is a name known to all. (+5000) Nedo is a name known to all. (+5000) Nedo is a name known to all. (+5000) Nedo is a name known to all. (+5000) Nedo is a name known to all. (+5000) Nedo is a name known to all. (+5000) Nedo is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Did blood test check your blood sugars?

ads1485 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Diet COULD well be the primary reason for your physical, as well as mental troubles, buddy.

Our body, and all the chemical reactions that go on inside of it, are basically nothing more than the food you eat, in a different form. So, diet has a massive influence on your physiology, as well as thought process.

A healthy functioning body does not need nearly as much protein as you are putting into it right now...this can also lead to fatigue, and even kidney problems later on.

I would suggest that you re-examine your diet and reduce your protein intake.

Raw fruits and veggies are very important also, and I can see that you are already eating plenty of those.

So start with reducing your protein intake.

Also, more variety is not necessarily a good thing...think of the body as a computer which breaks down complex pieces of code (food), into simpler bits of code for easy digestion. Now if you are stuffing a lot of complicated code into this computer (which means a large variety of food), then breaking it down becomes a very difficult process for the body, causing problems.

So reduce your protein intake, simplify your diet, and keep eating raw fruits and veggies...especially raw fruits daily!

TheGymJim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheGymJim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheGymJim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheGymJim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheGymJim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheGymJim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheGymJim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheGymJim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheGymJim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheGymJim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheGymJim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

God I would hate to live in America.

"I can't afford to see a doctor" is a f*cking tragic sentence to hear from someone in a first world country in 2018.
    Current PRs: (S/B/D) 145kg / 100kg / 180kg // 2018 goal PRs: 160kg / 110kg / 190kg

log: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=174500821

Fat fake natty mansloot of the FMH crew

LactoseTolerant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LactoseTolerant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LactoseTolerant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LactoseTolerant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LactoseTolerant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LactoseTolerant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LactoseTolerant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LactoseTolerant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LactoseTolerant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LactoseTolerant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LactoseTolerant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    You shouldn't be asking for specific tests anyway. CBC and basic chemistry are usually ordered because they are cheap but they are non-specific. Physicians will usually have to rely on clinical presentation.

jebrady03 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jebrady03 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jebrady03 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jebrady03 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jebrady03 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jebrady03 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jebrady03 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jebrady03 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jebrady03 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jebrady03 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jebrady03 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    First two things that pop in my head...

STRESS

DIET

I'll tackle stress first. Anyone remember what the "stress hormone" is? Cortisol. Hey... guess what your body DUMPS into your system every day around the time that you usually wake up (in fact, it's part of what wakes you up)? CORTISOL! Now, cortisol is a VERY important hormone, but for people with adrenal issues, cortisol levels can be wacky and can completely screw up their life and their body.

If your cortisol levels are unusually high then you may not get restful sleep. Additionally, when your daily cortisol surge happens (to wake you up - aka: circadian rhythm), your levels will be REALLY high. You'll be a "morning person"... for a few hours. Then, your cortisol levels drop and you get tired. Like... hit a wall when running at full speed kind of tired. If you laid down for a nap (at 9am - WHO does that?!), you'd likely get some of the best sleep of your life!

Then, because of the huge spike of cortisol you got at the beginning of the day, you might actually end up with lower than normal levels of cortisol in the second half of the day. Wanna guess what those symptoms are?
    Fatigue.
    Inability to handle stress.
    Food cravings - especially salty foods (meat, nuts, cheese) and who doesn't love a little sweet to go with their salty (yogurt, fruits).
    Reliance on caffeine to make it through the day.
    And oddly, you'll "wake up" when it's time to go to bed and god forbid you wake up in the middle of the night as it could take hours to go back to sleep (usually because your cortisol levels are starting to go back up again from the mid-day trough but they go up too high).

Eventually, you'll get SO exhausted that you end up sleeping more restfully for a while which, ironically, is the primary way to stabilize your cortisol levels. (sleeping pills won't help as they generally don't promote restful sleep, just unconsciousness, basically).

So... that's a non-MD theory I have that seems to fit. Certainly, just based on your initial post, you NEED to find a way to manage your stress levels in a healthy way regardless of whether adrenal fatigue or adrenal exhaustion is a factor.

Diet... Others have touched on this so I'll just toss in this... Focus on getting more healthy fats in your diet. In fact, just replace some of the calories you're getting from protein with calories from healthy fats. Fats help you feel fuller, longer, which could help with your cravings for protein shakes a couple of times per day. Also, try eating some high fiber foods as well. Finally, try drinking 12-16oz of water every time you think you're hungry. You might actually just be thirsty. Thirst cues are mistaken for hunger cues by LOTS of people.

Common sense/moderation. gbullock32's Avatar
    gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by TheGymJim View Post
    God I would hate to live in America.

"I can't afford to see a doctor" is a f*cking tragic sentence to hear from someone in a first world country in 2018.
    If you don't have good medical insurance you can get boned hard; when I had my hernia the total bill for the hospital, ambulance, surgery, ect... totaled ~$15,000.

I paid only $50 for the initial ER visit.
    Short cuts to success are often paved with lies.
    1/13/16: Massive hernia.
    5/10/16: Finally back to lifting, light but improving.

Why Teens shouldn't cut/Lack of progress thread- http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=169272763&p=1397509823#post1397509823

TheGymJim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheGymJim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheGymJim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheGymJim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheGymJim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheGymJim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheGymJim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheGymJim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheGymJim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheGymJim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheGymJim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by gbullock32 View Post
    If you don't have good medical insurance you can get boned hard; when I had my hernia the total bill for the hospital, ambulance, surgery, ect... totaled ~$15,000.

I paid only $50 for the initial ER visit.
    My appendix exploded and I was in surgery for 9 hours. Didn't cost me a penny.

I can't imagine living in a first world country without free medical care. It's like, "Oh, you broke your femur? That'll be the cost of university tuition. Pick one." It's actually mind blowing to me lol
    Current PRs: (S/B/D) 145kg / 100kg / 180kg // 2018 goal PRs: 160kg / 110kg / 190kg

log: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=174500821

Fat fake natty mansloot of the FMH crew

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Thread should have ended at post #3.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733