sagarsteel1 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Best Exercises for Lower Back Pain Relief

Hi all, I have been dealing with lower back pain for a while and I’m looking for exercises that can help alleviate it. What are some effective exercises or stretches that have worked for you? Any advice on how to perform them safely would be appreciated.

Prepare Perform Prevail SuicideGripMe's Avatar
    SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    It depends on what the cause of your lower back pain is... Generally speaking, I would argue most people would highly benefit from goblet squats with a pause at the bottom to understand bracing, farmers walks (off-set), and KB swings.
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=180003183&p=1635918623#post1635918623
    New Shanghai Log!

"225, 315, 405 whatever. Yeah these benchmark digits come to mean a lot to us, the few warriors in this arena. They are, however, just numbers. I'm guilty of that sh*t too, waiting for somebody to powder my nuts cuz I did 20 reps of whatever the **** on the bench. Big f*king deal. It is all relative." G Diesel

Benjamin655 is not very well liked. (-100) Benjamin655 is not very well liked. (-100) Benjamin655 is not very well liked. (-100) Benjamin655 is not very well liked. (-100) Benjamin655 is not very well liked. (-100) Benjamin655 is not very well liked. (-100) Benjamin655 is not very well liked. (-100) Benjamin655 is not very well liked. (-100) Benjamin655 is not very well liked. (-100) Benjamin655 is not very well liked. (-100) Benjamin655 is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by sagarsteel1 View Post
    Hi all, I have been dealing with lower back pain for a while and I’m looking for exercises that can help alleviate it. What are some effective exercises or stretches that have worked for you? Any advice on how to perform them safely would be appreciated.
    Hi there! I'm sorry to hear about your lower back pain—it can really put a damper on things. When it comes to exercises and stretches, there are a few that many people find helpful for easing lower back pain.

Hamstring Stretch: Tight hamstrings can contribute to lower back pain, so stretching them regularly can help. To do this, lie on your back with one leg bent and the other extended straight up. Hold the back of your thigh or calf of the extended leg and gently pull it towards you until you feel a stretch in the back of your leg. Hold for 20-30 seconds and then switch legs.

Child's Pose: This yoga pose is great for stretching out your back and relieving tension. Start on your hands and knees, then sit your hips back towards your heels while reaching your arms out in front of you. Hold this position for 20-30 seconds while focusing on deep breaths.

Cat-Cow Stretch: Another yoga-inspired stretch, the cat-cow stretch helps to mobilize the spine and relieve tension in the lower back. Start on your hands and knees, then arch your back upwards like a cat (cat pose) and hold for a few seconds. Then, drop your belly towards the floor while lifting your head and tailbone upwards (cow pose). Repeat this movement for several rounds.

Pelvic Tilts: Pelvic tilts are great for strengthening the muscles in your lower back and core. Lie on your back with your knees bent and feet flat on the floor. Slowly tilt your pelvis upwards towards your belly button, flattening your lower back against the floor. Hold for a few seconds, then release. Repeat for several reps.

Remember to listen to your body and only do what feels comfortable. If any exercise or stretch causes pain or discomfort, stop immediately. It's also a good idea to consult with a healthcare professional or physical therapist before starting any new exercise routine, especially if you have pre-existing back issues. They can provide personalized guidance and recommendations tailored to your specific needs. Wishing you a speedy recovery and relief from your lower back pain!

erigni will become famous soon enough. (+50) erigni will become famous soon enough. (+50) erigni will become famous soon enough. (+50) erigni will become famous soon enough. (+50) erigni will become famous soon enough. (+50) erigni will become famous soon enough. (+50) erigni will become famous soon enough. (+50) erigni will become famous soon enough. (+50) erigni will become famous soon enough. (+50) erigni will become famous soon enough. (+50) erigni will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    You should try spinal decompression. Get into a dip position on two parallel bars and relax your core. Your legs will pull your spine down, decompressing it. This worked wonders for my back pain, and I recommend it whenever I can.

Back extensions can also strengthen your lower back directly, but I've never done them with active back pain. You could try them with no weight and see how you feel. Strengthening the muscle reduces pain, but it can be dangerous if done to in excess.

tommy4life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tommy4life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tommy4life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tommy4life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tommy4life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tommy4life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tommy4life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tommy4life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tommy4life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tommy4life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tommy4life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by sagarsteel1 View Post
    Back pain in often a lifestyle problem.

I had chronic back pain after a decade in the military and tjis is what helped
    1. joined a gym and started squating and deadlifting
    2. Stretch/mobility, especially the hips/quad/It band
    3. Wtahcyour posture
    4. Move, go for walks daily, avoiding sitting as much as you can

Or listen to this guy, apparently the number one back pain expert in the world.
    https://squatuniversity.com/2018/06/...ore-stability/

TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Supermans are pretty good for that area.
    Back to basics full body routine: https://pastebin.com/5BgKgrMv

Training journal: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=178059671&p=1598034261#post1598034261