J-Bo69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) J-Bo69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) J-Bo69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) J-Bo69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) J-Bo69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) J-Bo69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) J-Bo69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) J-Bo69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) J-Bo69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) J-Bo69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) J-Bo69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

New guy to the over 35 forum

I have been a BB member since June, but this is my first post in this forum. I go to the other forums to see what's being said about sups, but I curious to hear from guys and gals closer to my age, not early 20s. I am curious to know what sups have worked for you guys regarding size and strength. I just finished a Animal Stak + Torrent combo two weeks ago, and had some decent gains, but looking to try something else. Anybody?

dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by J-Bo69 View Post
    I have been a BB member since June, but this is my first post in this forum. I go to the other forums to see what's being said about sups, but I curious to hear from guys and gals closer to my age, not early 20s. I am curious to know what sups have worked for you guys regarding size and strength. I just finished a Animal Stak + Torrent combo two weeks ago, and had some decent gains, but looking to try something else. Anybody?
    Don't confuse gains being directly from any supps, but rather, indirectly in most cases....if at all. Example: I use NO products daily, OK? The only thing they do is get me psyched via caffeine. Expensive caffeine, lofl, but that's my little pleasure.

Whey? Basic and beneficial fast acting/digesting form of protein. I deal for immediate PWO, and/or for aiding in getting in high amounts of protein if your goals call for it.

Creatine? Basic, but sound supp that 75% of people respond positively to. It can help you push muscle beyond otherwise normal limits.

BCAAs? Sound supp which has many benefits, and is especially beneficial when on a calorie restricted diet and/or for saving muscle when doing decent volume of cardio.

Of course, there are more, but these are basic. Again, look to yourself to make gains, not supps.
    "If a kid asks where rain comes from, I think a cute thing to tell him is "God is crying." And if he asks why God is crying, another cute thing to tell him is "Probably because of something you did."

dartol is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dartol is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dartol is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dartol is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dartol is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dartol is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dartol is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dartol is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dartol is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dartol is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dartol is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by dbx View Post
    Don't confuse gains being directly from any supps, but rather, indirectly in most cases....if at all. Example: I use NO products daily, OK? The only thing they do is get me psyched via caffeine. Expensive caffeine, lofl, but that's my little pleasure.

Whey? Basic and beneficial fast acting/digesting form of protein. I deal for immediate PWO, and/or for aiding in getting in high amounts of protein if your goals call for it.

Creatine? Basic, but sound supp that 75% of people respond positively to. It can help you push muscle beyond otherwise normal limits.

BCAAs? Sound supp which has many benefits, and is especially beneficial when on a calorie restricted diet and/or for saving muscle when doing decent volume of cardio.

Of course, there are more, but these are basic. Again, look to yourself to make gains, not supps.
    Wow, very nicely put dbx, reps! And dammit, I seem to be in that 'other 25%' when it comes to creatine...

Darren
    Strong people are harder to kill than weak people and more useful in general. - Mark Rippetoe
    http://startingstrength.wikia.com/wiki/Starting_Strength_Wiki

I'm back, visit my new journal! http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=455993991

chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I have made better progress lately by backing off of my supplements and having a bit of preworkout nutrition a half hour or so before my lifting session, something I was missing before.
    but I do like the nox type supplements as dbx said for the mental edge, and the pump they give, but besides that I haven't found them to add much lasting results.
    I did creatine supps for the first couple years, but I'm not sure how helpful that was.
    My thoughts on creatine is if everything else is close to optimal, then creatine will give you that extra %5 or %10, but if your lacking in training or nutrition or rest it probably wont give you the results you need.
    So I am spending the summer getting all of those aspects lined out and if everything is still optimal I may start back on a basic creatine ethyl ester product this fall/winter.
    As for protein, I like muscle milk, I only use it post workout, its easier to drink, and has a good mix of protein fat and simple carbohydrates, to me its ideal for post workout nutrition.
    Some folks say it has too much fat, but I drink a double scoop every morning after my workout with skim milk and ice and have steadily lost BF for the last 2 months.

Fifty+ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fifty+ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fifty+ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fifty+ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fifty+ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fifty+ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fifty+ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fifty+ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fifty+ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fifty+ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fifty+ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by chodan9 View Post

As for protein, I like muscle milk, I only use it post workout, its easier to drink, and has a good mix of protein fat and simple carbohydrates, to me its ideal for post workout nutrition.
    Some folks say it has too much fat, but I drink a double scoop every morning after my workout with skim milk and ice and have steadily lost BF for the last 2 months.

Just something to think on. If we use simple carbs to give us an immediate insulin reaction and mix it with protein (amino acids) to quickly feed our hard worked muscles, why would you want to add fat to the equation? Fats slow the metabolising process and would accomplish the opposite of the goal.
    Last edited by Fifty+; 08-26-2008 at 07:48 PM.

chitown70 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chitown70 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chitown70 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chitown70 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chitown70 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chitown70 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chitown70 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chitown70 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chitown70 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chitown70 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chitown70 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I'm not into that supplement hype. I'd rather eat good food and use that extra savings for better gear.
    Team Kelei

da bears, cubs, bulls

MAGA

britonarius has a spectacular aura about. (+250) britonarius has a spectacular aura about. (+250) britonarius has a spectacular aura about. (+250) britonarius has a spectacular aura about. (+250) britonarius has a spectacular aura about. (+250) britonarius has a spectacular aura about. (+250) britonarius has a spectacular aura about. (+250) britonarius has a spectacular aura about. (+250) britonarius has a spectacular aura about. (+250) britonarius has a spectacular aura about. (+250) britonarius has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    When i first began i was anti supp - just couldn't see the science behind it all - felt that a decent diet was way better. I have since come full circle - i actually believe that supps are a useful training aid - we all need vitamins for example - in bodybuilding we need more - high street stores and suppliers just don't cater for this.We also need more protein - well its actually being able to consume that amount of food - it seems easier to supplement with a protein shake - there is a wide selection - even low calorie rice protein - - available.
    During training i think we all need to go that extra mile - it was a struggle before i took an in work compound - now it seems normal ! Indeed i doubt i could do my full workouts without these additives!I think the reason that many of the ov35 forum are not into supps is that they were not readily available when they began. My own observations of the gym i train in - is that the 20 + years of training bodybuilders use BCAA's and creatine only - guess that is because they were ,along with egg whites ;the standard issue of the day. Bodybuilding like all sports is evolving - i say supp - i use Star chem labs duo - Armeggeddon and Evolution X10 along with Animal pack and flex.We are all different but use them - they do help.
    Within the realms of reason - nothing is impossible.
    IMMORTALITY IS A STATE OF MIND
    Like the Mighty Welsh Dragon that fortifies my blood - SURRENDER IS NOT AN OPTION.

Hittin' it and gettin' it Braindrop's Avatar
    Braindrop is just really nice. (+1000) Braindrop is just really nice. (+1000) Braindrop is just really nice. (+1000) Braindrop is just really nice. (+1000) Braindrop is just really nice. (+1000) Braindrop is just really nice. (+1000) Braindrop is just really nice. (+1000) Braindrop is just really nice. (+1000) Braindrop is just really nice. (+1000) Braindrop is just really nice. (+1000) Braindrop is just really nice. (+1000)
    Daily Base: Joint support (Animal Flex), Multi w/ BCAA (Animal Pak), EFA (Animal Omega)

Lifting days: Creatine pre-w/o (Animal Pump), BCAAs after (Animal Nitro)

That's working well for me at the moment. If I had to pick one, the Flex has been the best thing I've ever tried.
    Braindrop
    ---------------------------
    Jun 2016 230#
    Apr 2010 224#
    Oct 2007: 272#
    ---------------------------

My Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=660421

atoybbacs is on a distinguished road. (+10) atoybbacs is on a distinguished road. (+10) atoybbacs is on a distinguished road. (+10) atoybbacs is on a distinguished road. (+10) atoybbacs is on a distinguished road. (+10) atoybbacs is on a distinguished road. (+10) atoybbacs is on a distinguished road. (+10) atoybbacs is on a distinguished road. (+10) atoybbacs is on a distinguished road. (+10) atoybbacs is on a distinguished road. (+10) atoybbacs is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Whey, creatine, glutamine, bcaa and no. Welcome
    Cutting

Trying to be young again turbomike's Avatar
    turbomike is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) turbomike is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) turbomike is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) turbomike is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) turbomike is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) turbomike is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) turbomike is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) turbomike is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) turbomike is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) turbomike is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) turbomike is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I think before anyone invests in supplements they should have their diet and training down. So many people are seeking the "magic pill". I've seen it in both male and female in my gym. they don't want to change their diet and don't have time to work out but still want to lose weight and/or gain muscle..hehe.

Once your have your training down and your diet under control.. then you COULD start the supplements. But remember, more in not always better. Choice wisely.
    Mike
    Owner- The Body Shop Gym
    "Lift. Spot..or Leave!"
    "If doesn't matter what kind of car you drive...but how big the arm is hanging out of the window."

Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    To supplement my clean diet and traing routine I use creatine, glutamine and BCAA's both pre and post workout. I have also been taking desiccated liver throughout the day for the extra protein / aminos.
    Team General Mills

KDHunter is just really nice. (+1000) KDHunter is just really nice. (+1000) KDHunter is just really nice. (+1000) KDHunter is just really nice. (+1000) KDHunter is just really nice. (+1000) KDHunter is just really nice. (+1000) KDHunter is just really nice. (+1000) KDHunter is just really nice. (+1000) KDHunter is just really nice. (+1000) KDHunter is just really nice. (+1000) KDHunter is just really nice. (+1000)
    Good words from Dbx also from Turbo Mike.

As far as my protein shakes go.. I take one upon waking up with a banana. Then about 45 minutes before i train i mix up a creatine nitric oxide combination. During my training session i use a supplement called Purple Wraath which is an amino acid complex. I am starting to notice a bit quicker recovery since starting the wraath. This is what works good for me. Might not for someone else. As mentioned though.. Nothing beats a sound nutritional base, solid training and proper rest.

Since the OP asked about other brands/stacks. Mine is from Controlled Labs.

Green Magnitude, White Flood and the Purple Wraath. Green Mag taken daily, white Flood and purple wraath only on training days
    KDHunter

CHARGER FOOTBALL BABY
    O35 5/8" Crew

lotokids will become famous soon enough. (+50) lotokids will become famous soon enough. (+50) lotokids will become famous soon enough. (+50) lotokids will become famous soon enough. (+50) lotokids will become famous soon enough. (+50) lotokids will become famous soon enough. (+50) lotokids will become famous soon enough. (+50) lotokids will become famous soon enough. (+50) lotokids will become famous soon enough. (+50) lotokids will become famous soon enough. (+50) lotokids will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by turbomike View Post
    I think before anyone invests in supplements they should have their diet and training down. So many people are seeking the "magic pill". I've seen it in both male and female in my gym. they don't want to change their diet and don't have time to work out but still want to lose weight and/or gain muscle..hehe.

Once your have your training down and your diet under control.. then you COULD start the supplements. But remember, more in not always better. Choice wisely.
    x2. First off, Welcome. I currently don't use any (maybe a protein shake here and there) but my diet is crap. I really don't pay much attention to it right now. I have heard good things about creatine but I don't know from experience. You have defiantly come to the right place...there is a lot of knowledge in here (excluding me) on routines, diet and supplements.
    Pain is weakness leaving the body!

J-Bo69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) J-Bo69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) J-Bo69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) J-Bo69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) J-Bo69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) J-Bo69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) J-Bo69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) J-Bo69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) J-Bo69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) J-Bo69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) J-Bo69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up Thanks

I appreciate everyone's input on this, there's a lot of good stuff here.

code3gt is a name known to all. (+5000) code3gt is a name known to all. (+5000) code3gt is a name known to all. (+5000) code3gt is a name known to all. (+5000) code3gt is a name known to all. (+5000) code3gt is a name known to all. (+5000) code3gt is a name known to all. (+5000) code3gt is a name known to all. (+5000) code3gt is a name known to all. (+5000) code3gt is a name known to all. (+5000) code3gt is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Use the search and type in IDS Mass Tabs. They are still out there and won't be for long. I spent a week or so researching IDS Mass Tabs and found a ton of info most of it positive. DO NOT go for the Mass Caps which is Arachidonic Acid and pure garbage. Methylsten/stenbolone is what is found in Mass Tabs. There are two formulas going around and rumor is the lettering on the box in all white is more potent then the box with yellow writing (Mass) and then white (Tabs). The strength increase is noticeabe. There is some water weight gain but I am pleased with the product. It is the closest thing to 1ad or 1 tu that is left on the market.