Rk89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Bulking question

Hi everyone, I am 175 cm tall and weight 71 kg atm. I have had a successful cut couple of months ago where I lost seven kg in 15 weeks or so.

I have maintained the weight for a month before I started my bulk cycle on 1st October with Fierce 5 novice routine.

I have been hitting gym regularly and doing the exercises as recommended. My question is, I weigh myself everyday at same time on empty stomach and I maintain certain weight for 4 or 5 days then suddenly my weight goes up .5 to .7 kg the next day.

Is this how human body builds muscle or am I doing something wrong?

I am eating around 2600 to 2800 calories per day

I aim for at least 150 g protein and 60 g gram fat as recommended.

any suggestions?
    ☆☆ Fierce 5 crew ☆☆
    => Current weight -150 lbs 14 bf
    => Goal weight - 170 lbs 12 bf

Current lifts =====> Goal
    Bench 160 - 225 lbs
    Squat 180 - 315 lbs
    Deadlift 250 - 405 lbs

dwill094 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dwill094 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dwill094 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dwill094 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dwill094 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dwill094 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dwill094 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dwill094 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dwill094 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dwill094 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dwill094 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Your weight will fluctuate depending on a million different factors.

Stay consistent with your weight-ins... I tell my clients to step on the scale in the morning after they have gone to the bathroom and not eaten/drank anything.

This provides the most accurate picture of your weight.

But, if you have a high sodium day the day before, it will effect your weight. If you are on your menstrual cycle (women), it will effect your weight. If you consume more carbs the day before, it will effect your weight.

Best thing you can do is be consistent through the things above. ^
    ACE CPT | StrongFirst SFG I | Student Physical Therapist

Instagram: @dannywfitness
    ********: /dannywilliamsfitness

Helping people to live a balanced lifestyle, move better, and achieve their ideal bodyweight.

Rk89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by dwill094 View Post
    Your weight will fluctuate depending on a million different factors.

Stay consistent with your weight-ins... I tell my clients to step on the scale in the morning after they have gone to the bathroom and not eaten/drank anything.

This provides the most accurate picture of your weight.

But, if you have a high sodium day the day before, it will effect your weight. If you are on your menstrual cycle (women), it will effect your weight. If you consume more carbs the day before, it will effect your weight.

Best thing you can do is be consistent through the things above. ^
    Thanks for the reply. I know weight fluctuates depending on many factors.

My question is, when bulking should I be gaining weight on daily basis or weekly?

If I aim to gain to .5 lbs per week. Should I be gaining weight every day or weekly fluctuations only matter?

My weight stays same for 5 days then goes up on 6th next day, again maintain that weight for 5 or days then goes up. I am gaining .5 to .7 kg per week for the last three weeks.

Is this how body builds muscle or should I be gaining 0.1 to 0.2 kg every day.

Sorry if it is a dumb question. bulking for first time.
    Last edited by Rk89; 10-22-2017 at 10:00 AM.
    ☆☆ Fierce 5 crew ☆☆
    => Current weight -150 lbs 14 bf
    => Goal weight - 170 lbs 12 bf

Current lifts =====> Goal
    Bench 160 - 225 lbs
    Squat 180 - 315 lbs
    Deadlift 250 - 405 lbs

dwill094 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dwill094 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dwill094 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dwill094 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dwill094 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dwill094 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dwill094 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dwill094 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dwill094 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dwill094 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dwill094 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Rk89 View Post
    Thanks for the reply. I know weight fluctuates depending on many factors.

My question is, when bulking should I be gaining weight on daily basis or weekly?

If I aim to gain to .5 lbs per week. Should I be gaining weight every day or weekly fluctuations only matter?

My weight stays same for 5 days then goes up on 6th next day, again maintain that weight for 5 or days then goes up. I am gaining .5 to .7 kg per week for the last three weeks.

Is this normal?

Sorry if it is a dumb question. bulking for first time.
    Don't look at your daily changes, heck--you might not even want to look at your weekly changes.

Look at how the scale is changing each month.

There are apps (MyFitnessPal is one) where you can input your weigh-ins and it creates a graph for you.

Notice the trend in the graph and you'll find how you are progressing...

No increase? Up the calories. Too much increase? Lower the calories.
    ACE CPT | StrongFirst SFG I | Student Physical Therapist

Instagram: @dannywfitness
    ********: /dannywilliamsfitness

Helping people to live a balanced lifestyle, move better, and achieve their ideal bodyweight.