SomeRandomName is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SomeRandomName is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SomeRandomName is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SomeRandomName is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SomeRandomName is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SomeRandomName is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SomeRandomName is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SomeRandomName is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SomeRandomName is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SomeRandomName is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SomeRandomName is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Shoulder Popping

Ok, basically, whenever I do a bench press motion with my shoulder blades pulled back, EVEN WITH NO WEIGHT, there is a popping sound from my right shoulder and it feels like something snaps in and out of place. There is no pain or any other signs. Also, sometimes when just holding my arm straight out and rotating my hand from full left to full right, something crackles in my shoulder.

I know some people say these noises are normal, but the popping just seems out of place and like this is a time bomb waiting to go off. I really don't want a RC injury. Any advice?

Binging and Purging OldskoolBULK's Avatar
    OldskoolBULK is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) OldskoolBULK is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) OldskoolBULK is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) OldskoolBULK is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) OldskoolBULK is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) OldskoolBULK is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) OldskoolBULK is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) OldskoolBULK is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) OldskoolBULK is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) OldskoolBULK is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) OldskoolBULK is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Originally Posted by SomeRandomName View Post
    Ok, basically, whenever I do a bench press motion with my shoulder blades pulled back, EVEN WITH NO WEIGHT, there is a popping sound from my right shoulder and it feels like something snaps in and out of place. There is no pain or any other signs. Also, sometimes when just holding my arm straight out and rotating my hand from full left to full right, something crackles in my shoulder.

I know some people say these noises are normal, but the popping just seems out of place and like this is a time bomb waiting to go off. I really don't want a RC injury. Any advice?
    i have the exact same thing. there is no pain, yet something is popping and i can feel it almost "grinding" against something. very strange. also when iflex my right lat and trap, than move my shoulder forward and backward i can feel my shoulder blade grinding against something. its literally a grinding sensation. and its audible to someone sitting next to me. ( i would do it and freak out my girlfriend) yet no pain
    Never satisfied till I'm 220+ pounds @ 10%BF

Bench 230x5 - Work in progress
    Squat 225x5 - Work in progress
    Dead lift 315x5 - Work in progress
    Weight Dips 65x8
    Bench Dips +145x10

daniel_2k8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) daniel_2k8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) daniel_2k8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) daniel_2k8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) daniel_2k8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) daniel_2k8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) daniel_2k8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) daniel_2k8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) daniel_2k8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) daniel_2k8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) daniel_2k8 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by OldskoolBULK View Post
    i have the exact same thing. there is no pain, yet something is popping and i can feel it almost "grinding" against something. very strange. also when iflex my right lat and trap, than move my shoulder forward and backward i can feel my shoulder blade grinding against something. its literally a grinding sensation. and its audible to someone sitting next to me. ( i would do it and freak out my girlfriend) yet no pain

sounds similar to my shoulder, they still haven't found anything wrong with it. Ive been out of the gym for nearly a year now basically. Mine had no pain at first then the pain began and its never stopped, im waiting to see a surgeon now.
    He who dies biggest.. WINS!

100% rep back guarantee

Dont Judge Me has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dont Judge Me has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dont Judge Me has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dont Judge Me has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dont Judge Me has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dont Judge Me has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dont Judge Me has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dont Judge Me has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dont Judge Me has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dont Judge Me has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dont Judge Me has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I have a similar problem. It started out with no pain then one day I messed it up on the bench press. I get a deep dull pain in the back of my shoulder. I had all the symptoms of a labrum tear, but my MRI w/ contrast came back negative.

The Dr has diagnosed me with shoulder instability at this time and I've had 2 cortisone shots. I've been doing PT for about 2 months. It has gotten a bit better but I still can only work legs heavy. The only upper body work I can do are the PT exercises.

I hope I don't have to go the surgery route.
    www.freeworkoutlog.com - U Aware?

daniel_2k8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) daniel_2k8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) daniel_2k8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) daniel_2k8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) daniel_2k8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) daniel_2k8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) daniel_2k8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) daniel_2k8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) daniel_2k8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) daniel_2k8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) daniel_2k8 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by methodical View Post
    I have a similar problem. It started out with no pain then one day I messed it up on the bench press. I get a deep dull pain in the back of my shoulder. I had all the symptoms of a labrum tear, but my MRI w/ contrast came back negative.

The Dr has diagnosed me with shoulder instability at this time and I've had 2 cortisone shots. I've been doing PT for about 2 months. It has gotten a bit better but I still can only work legs heavy. The only upper body work I can do are the PT exercises.

I hope I don't have to go the surgery route.
    I thought that i had a labrum tear but my MRI came back clear but i didn''t have the contrast dye. I am also worried that i will have to have surgery but in another way i want it to find the problem.

100% rep back guarantee

SomeRandomName is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SomeRandomName is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SomeRandomName is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SomeRandomName is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SomeRandomName is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SomeRandomName is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SomeRandomName is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SomeRandomName is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SomeRandomName is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SomeRandomName is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SomeRandomName is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    So what should I do? Currently I do broomstick exercises for shoulder flexibility as I saw this recommended. I really don't want to stop lifting. Should I just take extra care to use perfect form, and keep on going as long as there is no pain?

where on the shoulder would you say the pop is coming from.

100% rep back guarantee

Originally Posted by daniel_2k8 View Post
    where on the shoulder would you say the pop is coming from.
    Deep, rear. Like almost in my back, but deep enough that you still know it's the shoulder.

bump

bump

BayPride has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BayPride has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BayPride has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I have similar issues in both shoulds except with alot of pain sometimes. I cannot remember exactly what my injury is called but they are tears in cartilage of the inside part of the shoulder socket. Because my shoulders don't work exactly right, this can wreak havoc on my rotator cuffs. I have found that most the common shoulder rehab stuff has helped but especially can raises (name?) and reverse flies. Light high rep on both of course.

.J. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) .J. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) .J. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) .J. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) .J. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) .J. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) .J. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) .J. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) .J. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) .J. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) .J. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    most people who lift seriously have had that shoulder popping issue. make sure your using the correct form. does your should pop with military press or DB?

Originally Posted by .J. View Post
    most people who lift seriously have had that shoulder popping issue. make sure your using the correct form. does your should pop with military press or DB?
    Nope, only on bench and front raises. Front raises much less though. Also, the popping during bench seems to be a lot less/go away when I follow the proper arch pattern... think I was just pushing it up too straight before.

.J. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) .J. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) .J. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) .J. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) .J. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) .J. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) .J. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) .J. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) .J. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) .J. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) .J. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by SomeRandomName View Post
    Nope, only on bench and front raises. Front raises much less though. Also, the popping during bench seems to be a lot less/go away when I follow the proper arch pattern... think I was just pushing it up too straight before.
    hmm... get a good arch and make sure to stick your chest out. good luck

alexander1983 is on a distinguished road. (+10) alexander1983 is on a distinguished road. (+10) alexander1983 is on a distinguished road. (+10) alexander1983 is on a distinguished road. (+10) alexander1983 is on a distinguished road. (+10) alexander1983 is on a distinguished road. (+10) alexander1983 is on a distinguished road. (+10) alexander1983 is on a distinguished road. (+10) alexander1983 is on a distinguished road. (+10) alexander1983 is on a distinguished road. (+10) alexander1983 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Shoulder Popping

I have the same problem. Frequently my shoulders and my elbows pop and crack and do not feel any pain, and no previous history of any accidents. Usually this is an cumulative effect from heavy lifting weights over an extended period of time, your joints will go through a lot of wear and tear and need more support. You could try "Glucosamine" and "Fish Oil" combination. If that fails to work after several weeks you may want to see a doctor.

gnp123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gnp123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gnp123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I don't know how but I was told the cracking noise can come from bone spur build up. Can anyone confirm this?