MurphRob has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MurphRob has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MurphRob has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MurphRob has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MurphRob has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Macros seem right?

19 / 5'10 / 174 / BULKING - 2875 (250) SURPLUS/ 18% BF

40-30-30

GRAMS per day

CARBS:282g

PROTEIN:211g

FATS:94g

MurphRob has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MurphRob has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MurphRob has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MurphRob has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MurphRob has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    OR IS THIS MORE ACCURATE

GRAMS PER DAY
    361g CARBS

191g PROTEIN

105g FATS

Chasing cats since 1967 WonderPug's Avatar
    WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Set protein intake to 140 grams and 80 grams. Compose your remaining caloric budget from your preferred mix of carbs and additional protein and fat.

TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    just my opinion but i would drastically change that. fat is way too high in my opinion. Even when im bulking i rarely put my fat above 65g or 70g and we weigh about the same. i would have your fat at 55g, keep pro at 211g and add the rest to carbs

WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by TigerStealth View Post
    i would have your fat at 55g, keep pro at 211g and add the rest to carbs
    That's not a very good idea, as dietary fat intake would be deficient (0.31 grams per pound of bodyweight while bulking) and protein intake would be wildly above sufficiency at 1.5 grams per pound of LBM (especially on a bulk).

For a good summary of relevant research on optimal protein intake, please see: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2129150/

so FAT: 80 G PROTEIN: 140 G AND CARBS THE SAME?

Originally Posted by MurphRob View Post
    As long as you meet sufficiency (in your case, 80 grams of fat and 140 grams of protein), how you compose your remaining calories are up to you. You can fill them with all carb or a mixture of carbs and additional protein and/or fat.

TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by WonderPug View Post
    That's not a very good idea, as dietary fat intake would be deficient (0.31 grams per pound of bodyweight while bulking) and protein intake would be wildly above sufficiency at 1.5 grams per pound of LBM (especially on a bulk).

For a good summary of relevant research on optimal protein intake, please see: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2129150/
    Originally Posted by MurphRob View Post
    I disagree. In my experience (as I said, my post was based on my opinion), fat intake is often too high in the recommendations I see on here. I encourage an approach based on science and studies, and the article you posted is from a reputable source so I certainly value that article's recommendation. However, I also encourage people to experiment with different macro breakdowns and find what works best for their body. Of course, no competent advice would offer the same cookie-cutter macro breakdown to every person, as each person's metabolism, etc is quite different. Sure there are general guidelines to follow, but we should not ignore individual differences.

So when I give advice on nutrition I try to include my personal experience instead of just posting guidelines from publicly available studies that anyone can (and should) read.

All that to say I've tried having my fat intake be anywhere from 15% of my total cals, to 20%, 25%, 30%, 35%. For me I like to do about 18% when cutting and 20% when bulking. This works out to about 55g fat cutting and 65-70g fat when bulking. I prefer a very carb heavy diet because I train very high volume and high frequency. I also do a lot of cardio.

i would have your fat at 55g, keep pro at 211g and add the rest to carbs
    So when I give advice on nutrition I try to include my personal experience instead of just posting guidelines from publicly available studies that anyone can (and should) read.

This works out to about 55g fat cutting and 65-70g fat when bulking.
    I'm really confused.

You claim that your advice is based on what has "worked best for you", yet you recommend the OP bulk with an intake of dietary fat that is significantly below your intake, despite both of you weighing the same amount.

Can you please explain your logic?

Originally Posted by WonderPug View Post
    I'm really confused.

You claim that your advice is based on what has "worked best for you", yet you recommend the OP bulk with an intake of dietary fat that is significantly below your intake, despite both of you weighing the same amount.

Can you please explain your logic?
    Sure, I will explain. I am not telling OP to use my exact macros because we have different physiques and different metabolisms. His total caloric bulking intake is lower than mine. Therefore, his fat calories should be proportionally reduced.

You are pointing out a false contradiction. If OP and I had the exact same physique, metabolism, and total caloric intake then the contradiction you pointed out would apply. However, those factors are not identical.

Let me simplify, instead of giving OP an exact number of fat grams to consume, I would advise OP to consume 20% of his calories in fat while bulking. You may think 20% is too low, I think it works for bulking. I encourage OP to experiment with both of our approaches and find what works best for him.

Sure, I will explain. I am not telling OP to use my exact macros because we have different physiques and different metabolisms. His total caloric bulking intake is lower than mine. Therefore, his fat calories should be proportionally reduced.

You are pointing out a false contradiction. If OP and I had the exact same physique, metabolism, and total caloric intake then the contradiction you pointed out would apply. However, those factors are not identical.

Let me simplify, instead of giving OP an exact number of fat grams to consume, I would advise OP to consume 20% of his calories in fat while bulking. You may think 20% is too low, I think it works for bulking. I encourage OP to experiment with both of our approaches and find what works best for him.
    That really doesn't pass the smell test.

First you assert your recommendations are not based on research, but rather on your personal experience. Then you recommend intake lower than your intake. I think what really happened is you thought the OP was cutting and thus recommended that he consume the amount of fat you consume when cutting.

More importantly, the body works based on sufficiency of nutrients, not based on percentages.

no, I knew he was bulking. Anyway I'm afraid this thread is becoming too much of you vs me for some reason when I do not intend that at all. Instead it would probably be better to hear more about the higher fat approach vs the lower fat approach while bulking. I encourage others to chime in with their experiences. And of course I would like to hear which approach OP uses and the results he gets.

krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    no, I knew he was bulking. Anyway I'm afraid this thread is becoming too much of you vs me for some reason when I do not intend that at all. Instead it would probably be better to hear more about the higher fat approach vs the lower fat approach while bulking. I encourage others to chime in with their experiences. And of course I would like to hear which approach OP uses and the results he gets.
    www.grazethesky.com

SIBB85 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    /\/\ LMAO at the thriller /\/\ I am in the same boat bro... I don't know what to do with my macros. wish I could help. enjoying the good discussion though.