Cavendish has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Cavendish has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Cavendish has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Cavendish has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Cavendish has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Cavendish has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Cavendish has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Cavendish has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Cavendish has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Cavendish has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Cavendish has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Running for 2 months

I've restarted running for about 2 months now. About 3 weeks outdoor and before it was only on the treadmill.

I've ran this 4.2km path quite a lot and also checked at how much time I was hitting the 4km.

So my question is what in your opinion would be a good/very good 4km time for someone who's been running for only 2 months ? Note that there are a few decent hills and in the last 1.2km there's a tough one that's like 200m long.

What is your opinion, CARDIO EXPERTS?

DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Nobody knows, and nobody cares to track competitive 4k times of people in their second month of running.

and neither should you.

You want to test yourself? Sign up for a local 5k. You will probably enjoy it, even if you dont win. Which you wont. But that's okay.

Cavendish has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Cavendish has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Cavendish has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Cavendish has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Cavendish has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Cavendish has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Cavendish has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Cavendish has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Cavendish has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Cavendish has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Cavendish has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by DCSpartan View Post
    Nobody knows, and nobody cares to track competitive 4k times of people in their second month of running.

and neither should you.

You want to test yourself? Sign up for a local 5k. You will probably enjoy it, even if you dont win. Which you wont. But that's okay.
    Well, considering the fact that I did the 4k today in 15:50 and ended the 4.2 in 16:37 without pushing myself to the absolute limit, some local 5k races aren't very competitive and you could end up first with a time of around 20 minutes.

Also my goal is not really to be competitive on the 4k, that'd be to be competitive on the 5k, however I was wondering if that time for only 2 months of training was average, above average or below average.

I personally think it's above average and I've always been in great shape and it's not the first time of my life that I run regularly. But I also like to have the opinion of others as I could be biased since it's about myself.
    Last edited by Cavendish; 04-28-2014 at 06:44 PM.

bs-stunting will become famous soon enough. (+50) bs-stunting will become famous soon enough. (+50) bs-stunting will become famous soon enough. (+50) bs-stunting will become famous soon enough. (+50) bs-stunting will become famous soon enough. (+50) bs-stunting will become famous soon enough. (+50) bs-stunting will become famous soon enough. (+50) bs-stunting will become famous soon enough. (+50) bs-stunting will become famous soon enough. (+50) bs-stunting will become famous soon enough. (+50) bs-stunting will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Way too many variables to tell you if it is above average, below average or average for YOU. Keyword you. Everyone is different and starts off at a different place in the running world. I know some dudes who couldn't even run a mile straight, but after three months they are banging out sub 13 two miles. I also know dudes who can't seem to break certain numbers.

It really all boils down to you. Are you happy with the results? You know you can achieve a faster time? What is your ultimate goal? Do it for you and be proud as pig in **** when you reach goals and PR's. Who cares what others opinions are on your running. And at the end of the day, there will always be people faster than you.

With all that said, your time is decent.
    "So you think you can win?....... I don't think I can lose."

DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Cavendish View Post
    . But I also like to have the opinion of others as I could be biased since it's about myself.
    your times are not competitive for a middle school cross country meet, much less a competitive 20 year old runner.

Originally Posted by DCSpartan View Post
    your times are not competitive for a middle school cross country meet, much less a competitive 20 year old runner.
    Oh don't worry, if I keep going I'm pretty confident I can be competitive. Not talking competitive in the sense of finishing top 10 in big races but competitive as in a lot better than the average and potentially finishing first in some small local races depending on who's racing.

Exactly 10 days ago I did 3k in 11:25 (I had been running outdoor for 2 weeks) and today I did 3k in 11:00 flat and was less tired than the previous one. Considering the fact that I gain a lot of seconds almost every race I do, I'm not exactly scared about that.

Also about the middle school; the 4k time definitely wouldn't be among the best times however it's a lot better than the average. Do not forget that 2 months ago I couldn't even run at 8 mph on the threadmill for 20 minutes and now I'm doing that 1hour without much problems.

Wrestler5229 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wrestler5229 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wrestler5229 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wrestler5229 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wrestler5229 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wrestler5229 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wrestler5229 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wrestler5229 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wrestler5229 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wrestler5229 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wrestler5229 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    A 4k means nothing to anybody because it isn't a standard running distance. I am interested in hearing your 5k time. In which case I was say that 18:00 is competitive, and less is impressive.