Thread: Hips Cracking?

Swol Night Shyamalan AmonAmarth's Avatar
    AmonAmarth is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AmonAmarth is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AmonAmarth is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AmonAmarth is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AmonAmarth is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AmonAmarth is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AmonAmarth is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AmonAmarth is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AmonAmarth is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AmonAmarth is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AmonAmarth is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Hips Cracking?

Just in the past few months, my hips crack regularly whenever I foam roll, right at the tail bone pretty much... it doesn't hurt at all, and feels/sounds the exact same way if you were to crack your knuckles/back.

Does anyone else experience this? I'm assuming it's not a bad thing, it's just weird because it has never happened before until recently.

TripTastic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TripTastic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TripTastic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TripTastic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TripTastic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TripTastic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TripTastic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TripTastic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TripTastic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TripTastic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TripTastic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by AmonAmarth View Post
    Just in the past few months, my hips crack regularly whenever I foam roll, right at the tail bone pretty much... it doesn't hurt at all, and feels/sounds the exact same way if you were to crack your knuckles/back.

Does anyone else experience this? I'm assuming it's not a bad thing, it's just weird because it has never happened before until recently.
    when it happens to me-- it's the first tale tell sign that there is wayyyy too much tightness in that region----- as you get older it gets worse--- it's very important to use warm ups for hip mobility
    best meet lifts- 935/660/715

Swol Night Shyamalan AmonAmarth's Avatar
    AmonAmarth is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AmonAmarth is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AmonAmarth is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AmonAmarth is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AmonAmarth is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AmonAmarth is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AmonAmarth is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AmonAmarth is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AmonAmarth is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AmonAmarth is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AmonAmarth is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by TripTastic View Post
    when it happens to me-- it's the first tale tell sign that there is wayyyy too much tightness in that region----- as you get older it gets worse--- it's very important to use warm ups for hip mobility
    That doesn't sound like a good thing...

What do you do? Before I lift I foam roll my hips/back, then do a lot of hamstring stretching and leg kicks (not sure of the name for these).

TripTastic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TripTastic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TripTastic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TripTastic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TripTastic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TripTastic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TripTastic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TripTastic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TripTastic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TripTastic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TripTastic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by AmonAmarth View Post
    That doesn't sound like a good thing...

What do you do? Before I lift I foam roll my hips/back, then do a lot of hamstring stretching and leg kicks (not sure of the name for these).
    yes.... elite has quite a few good articles on hip mobility and warm ups
    best meet lifts- 935/660/715

AlMuminoon is not very well liked. (-100) AlMuminoon is not very well liked. (-100) AlMuminoon is not very well liked. (-100) AlMuminoon is not very well liked. (-100) AlMuminoon is not very well liked. (-100) AlMuminoon is not very well liked. (-100) AlMuminoon is not very well liked. (-100) AlMuminoon is not very well liked. (-100) AlMuminoon is not very well liked. (-100) AlMuminoon is not very well liked. (-100) AlMuminoon is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by TripTastic View Post
    yes.... elite has quite a few good articles on hip mobility and warm ups
    link please?