RugbyBoy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

What extremes of temperature is best to train in?

I live in spian and im currently in my 1st year of training for muscle gain. Now its not much of a problem but i was just wonderin whether it would be a good idea to train at a high temp...ive heard it helps weight loss...is this true?

Thanks

in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by RugbyBoy View Post
    I live in spian and im currently in my 1st year of training for muscle gain. Now its not much of a problem but i was just wonderin whether it would be a good idea to train at a high temp...ive heard it helps weight loss...is this true?

Thanks
    There are 2 sides to every coin... The question really is, is the potential loss of performance and potential negative impact on your body and its processes worth it?

With extreme heat exposure te body's metabolism (converting food, etc.. to energy) becomes inefficient as the temperature increases. Add to this that the body cools itself by diverting blood to the skin and sweating. So this blood is no longer available to deliver oxygen to exercising / working muscles - which causes fatugue. Elevated brain temperatures also disturbs the capacity to contract muscles - which also causes fatigue. Add electrolyte loss to this - which also impacts the ability to contract muscle optimally.

Heat stress via ******t temperature and exercise (and the external expression via sweating) does have an influence on energy substrate usage patterns and hormonal responses. For instance, GH is an important fat mobilizer and it plays a role in thermoregulation. The more intense the exercise, the more there is typically a need for thermoregulation. So the influence of thermoregulation and exercise on GH both influence post-exercise metabolism and lipolysis (all leading to an increase in overall 24 hour energy expenditure). There needs to be more longer-term research to support this though.

Short term it probably won't make much of a difference however. Chronic practice could be another story.

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.