i eat babies for protein. DieHollywoodDie's Avatar
    DieHollywoodDie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DieHollywoodDie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DieHollywoodDie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DieHollywoodDie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DieHollywoodDie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DieHollywoodDie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DieHollywoodDie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DieHollywoodDie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DieHollywoodDie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DieHollywoodDie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DieHollywoodDie is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Weighted Jump Roping

just had an idea for a good cardio/leg thing. take a weighted vest, these are pretty easy to find, and put some weights in it, then secure it tightly. start jump roping should work the calves, hammies, and your heart. seems if you did interval training with this it could be effective. go really slow, where you barely have to jump a lot, then go nuts.

Or you could do something like wear a really heavy backpack (like the type you go backpacking with) and put it on loose so it shakes around a bit. would work all of that and the stabilizing muscles.
    NEW GOAL(s):
    Regain my strength.
    Put on 5 lbs of muscle.
    Gain better overall fitness (strength, endurance, muscle)

"don't give up, the beginning is always the hardest."

Suffers from mazophilia RavensFan2k3's Avatar
    RavensFan2k3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RavensFan2k3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RavensFan2k3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RavensFan2k3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RavensFan2k3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RavensFan2k3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RavensFan2k3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RavensFan2k3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RavensFan2k3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RavensFan2k3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RavensFan2k3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    i have never thought of that before, but it sounds like a great idea!
    Ravens fan and Gators fan 4 life

***Florida Gators Crew***

DieHollywoodDie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DieHollywoodDie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DieHollywoodDie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DieHollywoodDie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DieHollywoodDie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DieHollywoodDie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DieHollywoodDie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DieHollywoodDie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DieHollywoodDie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DieHollywoodDie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DieHollywoodDie is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    actually seems like it would be a total body workout almost...except not...your back also would get worked because it would have to account for the vest on your shoulders...definitly probly a toll on the traps...

i'm actually going to start doing this...anyone know if i should do this on Cardio day or when?
    NEW GOAL(s):
    Regain my strength.
    Put on 5 lbs of muscle.

Registered User TaKe iT oR SqueeZe iT's Avatar
    TaKe iT oR SqueeZe iT is on a distinguished road. (+10) TaKe iT oR SqueeZe iT is on a distinguished road. (+10) TaKe iT oR SqueeZe iT is on a distinguished road. (+10) TaKe iT oR SqueeZe iT is on a distinguished road. (+10) TaKe iT oR SqueeZe iT is on a distinguished road. (+10) TaKe iT oR SqueeZe iT is on a distinguished road. (+10) TaKe iT oR SqueeZe iT is on a distinguished road. (+10) TaKe iT oR SqueeZe iT is on a distinguished road. (+10) TaKe iT oR SqueeZe iT is on a distinguished road. (+10) TaKe iT oR SqueeZe iT is on a distinguished road. (+10) TaKe iT oR SqueeZe iT is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    No don't bother. If you jump with heavy weights the impact may damage your joints.

It's like when you run, you should pull a weighted sled and not put the weights on your body.

There are other ways to make jump roping harder. Jump higher. Jump around. All kinds of ****.

Horseradish is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Horseradish is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Horseradish is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Horseradish is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Horseradish is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Horseradish is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Horseradish is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Horseradish is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Horseradish is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Horseradish is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Horseradish is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by TaKe iT oR SqueeZe iT
    No don't bother. If you jump with heavy weights the impact may damage your joints.

It's like when you run, you should pull a weighted sled and not put the weights on your body.

There are other ways to make jump roping harder. Jump higher. Jump around. All kinds of ****.
    This is my opinion as well.

gogz is a name known to all. (+5000) gogz is a name known to all. (+5000) gogz is a name known to all. (+5000) gogz is a name known to all. (+5000) gogz is a name known to all. (+5000) gogz is a name known to all. (+5000) gogz is a name known to all. (+5000) gogz is a name known to all. (+5000) gogz is a name known to all. (+5000) gogz is a name known to all. (+5000) gogz is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Horseradish
    This is my opinion as well.
    second that

You'll eventually kill your ankles

gogz

Suffers from mazophilia RavensFan2k3's Avatar
    RavensFan2k3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RavensFan2k3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RavensFan2k3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RavensFan2k3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RavensFan2k3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RavensFan2k3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RavensFan2k3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RavensFan2k3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RavensFan2k3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RavensFan2k3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RavensFan2k3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

really? So its bad to run(sprint) with a weighted vest too? I had planned on doing this for added resistance to help train for football.
    Ravens fan and Gators fan 4 life

***Florida Gators Crew***

failuretogain has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) failuretogain has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) failuretogain has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) failuretogain has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) failuretogain has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) failuretogain has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) failuretogain has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    sounds like a good way to **** your knees and get some shin splints. do it for awhile and then come back and complain about it.

alright, good points, didn't think about those. thanks for saving my joints i'll stick with my swimming.
    NEW GOAL(s):
    Regain my strength.
    Put on 5 lbs of muscle.

Meat n' potatoes are good ZaktheIllusion's Avatar
    ZaktheIllusion will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZaktheIllusion will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZaktheIllusion will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZaktheIllusion will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZaktheIllusion will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZaktheIllusion will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZaktheIllusion will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZaktheIllusion will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZaktheIllusion will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZaktheIllusion will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZaktheIllusion will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Yup

HoosierBoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HoosierBoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HoosierBoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HoosierBoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HoosierBoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HoosierBoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HoosierBoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HoosierBoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HoosierBoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HoosierBoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HoosierBoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I've jumped for 5 years with a weighted rope. No joint problems here.

J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by HoosierBoy
    I've jumped for 5 years with a weighted rope. No joint problems here.

A weighted vest and a weighted rope are 2 very different things.