rebeccaknox has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Cheat meal 10 weeks before competition?

Hey! I am 10 weeks away from entering my first competition, and I was wondering if I should cut out the cheat meal, I havent had one in two weeks, and in fairness Im not really craving very much as I am eating more then ever and some how still seem to be losing body fat, its great! But I was wondering if I should just go ahead and have the cheat now in case I go off the wall with cravings 6 weeks from now?

Also, is Diet coke alright to drink now?

Cheers for your help!

alohafitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alohafitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alohafitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alohafitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alohafitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alohafitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alohafitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alohafitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alohafitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alohafitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alohafitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

No Cheat Meal!

The purpose of competing is to be in "peak" condition onstage, and cheating is counter-productive. Just think about it this way: you are going to be on a stage in a skimpy swimsuit under hot lights that show every flaw and imperfection in front of hundreds of people, cameras, and judges, and they will be evaluating every detail of your appearance. On that day, whether you place or not, you want to stand up there with the confidence of knowing that you are representing yourself at your VERY BEST. I believe the soda is ok (I drank it before comp) but limit it to no more than one can/bottle a day and make sure you drink at least a gallon of water. Watch out w/the soda and artificial sweeteners b/c you use them to satisfy cravings but they actually make them worse.
    "Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great." -Mark Twain

Thanks very much, yeah, I didnt thinkn I needed one but people keep saying to me that I *SHOULD* be having one, I think I can do without. I do add sweetners quite often to my coffee and oatmeal and what not, This does tend to keep me satisfied, but do you think its better to cut them out? Will they make any difference to my appearance?

So sorry, Im just full of questions!!! I want to get everything perfect!

Buff bride to be imperfectly_lou's Avatar
    imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I would cut the sweeteners out about a month before hand - they can cause water retention. You could probably still keep using a bit of stevia until a week out though.

ChrystalR is on a distinguished road. (+10) ChrystalR is on a distinguished road. (+10) ChrystalR is on a distinguished road. (+10) ChrystalR is on a distinguished road. (+10) ChrystalR is on a distinguished road. (+10) ChrystalR is on a distinguished road. (+10) ChrystalR is on a distinguished road. (+10) ChrystalR is on a distinguished road. (+10) ChrystalR is on a distinguished road. (+10) ChrystalR is on a distinguished road. (+10) ChrystalR is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Cheat meals aren't something you "should" do - and honestly there isn't anything that you specifically "should" or "shouldn't" do, everyone's different. Cheat meals are ways to help people who've eaten poorly in the past break into healthy, clean eating without freaking out. It's kind of like quitting smoking - many people break themselves off slowly (so like a cheat meal) and others go cold turkey - one way isn't "better" than the other because they both get the job done in the end. Remember our main focus is the end result here. I had my last cheat meal about 7 weeks out, I know some who've done it 9 weeks, others 5. Depends on what you have to lose and how much discipline you've got! If you don't need it - GOOD!! If you need it still a little then so be it.

Best of luck in your competition!! Where's it at?? When?

~C

alohafitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alohafitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alohafitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alohafitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alohafitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alohafitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alohafitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alohafitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alohafitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alohafitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alohafitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I *tried* to cut all sweeteners a month out because I'm told that you're body will shed even more fat if you do so (probably from the stress of not having your fake sugar-fix IMO) but I couldn't back up this notion with science. I never cheated during contest prep, but you would have to pry my splenda out of my cold, dead hands! lol I'm a "splendaholic"
    "Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great." -Mark Twain

Calfmaster will become famous soon enough. (+50) Calfmaster will become famous soon enough. (+50) Calfmaster will become famous soon enough. (+50) Calfmaster will become famous soon enough. (+50) Calfmaster will become famous soon enough. (+50) Calfmaster will become famous soon enough. (+50) Calfmaster will become famous soon enough. (+50) Calfmaster will become famous soon enough. (+50) Calfmaster will become famous soon enough. (+50) Calfmaster will become famous soon enough. (+50) Calfmaster will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I'm for the cheat meal. The cheat meal shocks your body, allows you to carb load a little.

Thanks so much,its great to get feedback from girls that know what they're talking about, Im loving the Splenda, I never used it before and now I think Im addicted, but Ill cut it out a few weeks before the show and see if it makes a difference.

The show is on in Dublin, Ireland, if I win I get to compete at the Mr Universe, Im so nervous!

Also, I was wondering about muscle maturity and if me being 19 will make a difference in how hard Ill appear on stage? Is that a stupid question? Probably!

MauiZos is on a distinguished road. (+10) MauiZos is on a distinguished road. (+10) MauiZos is on a distinguished road. (+10) MauiZos is on a distinguished road. (+10) MauiZos is on a distinguished road. (+10) MauiZos is on a distinguished road. (+10) MauiZos is on a distinguished road. (+10) MauiZos is on a distinguished road. (+10) MauiZos is on a distinguished road. (+10) MauiZos is on a distinguished road. (+10) MauiZos is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Another question to add to this...

Is there any science to back up the whole "have a cheat day to shock your metabolism" theory? According to fit day, I run about a 500 calorie deficit every day. I usually have one day per week though where I eat over the amount burned (still clean food) just to make sure I don't go into starvation mode. I don't know if it works or not, but my body seems to "need" more every once in a while or I get pretty run down.

Originally Posted by rebeccaknox
    The show is on in Dublin, Ireland, if I win I get to compete at the Mr Universe, Im so nervous!

Also, I was wondering about muscle maturity and if me being 19 will make a difference in how hard Ill appear on stage? Is that a stupid question? Probably!
    The only stupid questions are the ones you don't ask I mean, do you know anyone who is born knowing this stuff?? I'd like to meet that person.

It's your 1st show and you are young and you will meet lots of cool people and it will be very exciting for you! Take lots of pictures and get business cards/websites/email addresses from people, like swimsuit makers, photographers, etc. when you meet them (for future use). Remember to smile at everyone you see (the judges, the audience, etc.) "smile and the world smiles with you, cry and you cry alone" is one of my fav sayings.

As you continue in the sport your muscles mature and also as you get older your skin gets thinner so you can see the cuts better. That's why I LOVE bodybuilding--because you actually get better with age (line fine wine)!
    To look hard/defined you should tan in the sun/tanning bed A LOT (at least 3 times a week) before comp. Yes, it's bad for you but it thins the skin and this reveals the muscle definition and pro tan also helps--the darker you are the harder you look.

DRP7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DRP7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DRP7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DRP7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DRP7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DRP7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DRP7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DRP7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DRP7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DRP7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DRP7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Hey! I am 10 weeks away from entering my first competition, and I was wondering if I should cut out the cheat meal, I havent had one in two weeks, and in fairness Im not really craving very much as I am eating more then ever and some how still seem to be losing body fat, its great! But I was wondering if I should just go ahead and have the cheat now in case I go off the wall with cravings 6 weeks from now?

Cheers for your help!

try to make your cheat day as much as possible a "refeed day". that means, eat as much of protein- and carb-rich foods as you like but try to minimise the fat intake during that day. the "cleaner" your cheat-day the more frequently you can repeat it. a pure, absolutely clean refeed day can be done every 4 days, the more "dirty your refeed is, the longer the time interval between these days should be.

DRP7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DRP7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DRP7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DRP7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DRP7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DRP7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DRP7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DRP7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DRP7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DRP7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DRP7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    diet coke as such is allowed, since it does not have any calories and you will not gain fat from it.

BUT: diet coke has plenty of phosphate in it and this can lead in many people to HUGE sugar cravings and hunger attacks. Try the diet coke, and if your body reacts that way to it, than leave it out.

MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Dr.P
    try to make your cheat day as much as possible a "refeed day". that means, eat as much of protein- and carb-rich foods as you like but try to minimise the fat intake during that day. the "cleaner" your cheat-day the more frequently you can repeat it. a pure, absolutely clean refeed day can be done every 4 days, the more "dirty your refeed is, the longer the time interval between these days should be.

That was going to be my suggestion too Depending on how lean you are, you may be able to incorporate two refeed days a week.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=171086161&p=1435554041#post1435554041

golfGirl is just really nice. (+1000) golfGirl is just really nice. (+1000) golfGirl is just really nice. (+1000) golfGirl is just really nice. (+1000) golfGirl is just really nice. (+1000) golfGirl is just really nice. (+1000) golfGirl is just really nice. (+1000) golfGirl is just really nice. (+1000) golfGirl is just really nice. (+1000) golfGirl is just really nice. (+1000) golfGirl is just really nice. (+1000)

Question

Originally Posted by alohafitness
    To look hard/defined you should tan in the sun/tanning bed A LOT (at least 3 times a week) before comp. Yes, it's bad for you but it thins the skin and this reveals the muscle definition and pro tan also helps--the darker you are the harder you look.
    Sun tanning THINS the skin??
    ~*~ If you stumble just make it part of the dance ~*~

Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=2247371&page=45

Thanks so much for all the suggestions girls, uz are great! I dont mind what I have to do or what I have to cut out, as long as I get the results, I prefer not to think about what I should do and be told exactly what to follow (diet and training wise that is!) by people who know what theyre talking about as theres so many contradictions in body building it makes my head hurt!

Ive heard so many people say that they look leaner after they have a cheat day, does anybody here find that?

And as far as diet coke goes, Im definately keeping it, maybe up untill two weeks before the comp, is that too close? But it takes away any sugar cravings, makes me feel fuller and relaxes me for some reason!!!

Oh also, what is the average body fat percentage that women in figure go on stage at? sorry for all the questions, just want to get everything spot on and you girls know what youre talking about!