tfg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tfg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tfg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tfg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tfg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tfg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tfg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tfg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tfg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tfg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tfg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

How long should a healthy, effective cutting cycle be?

Preface: ht 5'9"-10" wt 203. Just bulked up from 185 over the past 5 months or so. BF increased, but not that much. Was at probably 9-10% bf. Looked great. I can still fit into the clothes (a little tighter) that I did at 185. Definately muslce gain, can notice in back, shoulders and arms especially. I have a few questions.

1) I have set a goal of June 1st to get back down to 185 or so. Is this enough time? Is this too much to lose, will 10lbs be enough? Can I get a ripped look just losing 10 lbs. Like I said, I'm probably at 10-12% bf now. Looking obviously for just fat loss, as minimal muscle as possible.
    2) How much of the weight gain would you estimate was actually muscle?
    3) If I get back to 185, am I just going back down to what I was before and was the past 5 months just a waste? My mass didn't change, but I'm 17 lbs heavier that I was in September. I can still see a little definition in my abs. For example someone that I don't see that often didn't notice me being that much bigger and couldn't believe that I gained 17 lbs and actually said that if anything I look slimmer.

I do a 4 day split with weights and eat the clean 5-6 meals a day. I cut cardio out a month ago in order to increase as much gains as possible but obviously am going to add it back in when cutting down.

Not what I use to be..... StrongEnough?'s Avatar
    StrongEnough? is on a distinguished road. (+10) StrongEnough? is on a distinguished road. (+10) StrongEnough? is on a distinguished road. (+10) StrongEnough? is on a distinguished road. (+10) StrongEnough? is on a distinguished road. (+10) StrongEnough? is on a distinguished road. (+10) StrongEnough? is on a distinguished road. (+10) StrongEnough? is on a distinguished road. (+10) StrongEnough? is on a distinguished road. (+10) StrongEnough? is on a distinguished road. (+10) StrongEnough? is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    **** man, losing 10lbs should be easy in that time frame

Just make sure it's clean, and you're still lifting heavy, and I doubt you'll lose much muscle. Nice job on the bulk. I'd still love to be what your starting weight/BF was

Registered User iTransformed.com - Admin's Avatar
    iTransformed.com - Admin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iTransformed.com - Admin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iTransformed.com - Admin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iTransformed.com - Admin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iTransformed.com - Admin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iTransformed.com - Admin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iTransformed.com - Admin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iTransformed.com - Admin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iTransformed.com - Admin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iTransformed.com - Admin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iTransformed.com - Admin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by tfg
    Preface: ht 5'9"-10" wt 203. Just bulked up from 185 over the past 5 months or so. BF increased, but not that much. Was at probably 9-10% bf. Looked great. I can still fit into the clothes (a little tighter) that I did at 185. Definately muslce gain, can notice in back, shoulders and arms especially. I have a few questions.

1) I have set a goal of June 1st to get back down to 185 or so. Is this enough time? Is this too much to lose, will 10lbs be enough? Can I get a ripped look just losing 10 lbs. Like I said, I'm probably at 10-12% bf now. Looking obviously for just fat loss, as minimal muscle as possible.
    2) How much of the weight gain would you estimate was actually muscle?
    3) If I get back to 185, am I just going back down to what I was before and was the past 5 months just a waste? My mass didn't change, but I'm 17 lbs heavier that I was in September. I can still see a little definition in my abs. For example someone that I don't see that often didn't notice me being that much bigger and couldn't believe that I gained 17 lbs and actually said that if anything I look slimmer.

I do a 4 day split with weights and eat the clean 5-6 meals a day. I cut cardio out a month ago in order to increase as much gains as possible but obviously am going to add it back in when cutting down.
    I'll race ya!

~LV~

Owner - www.iTransformed.com

Cutting Phase

5'10
    Start: 207.5

Current : 199

Goal: 180

tfg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tfg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tfg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tfg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tfg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tfg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tfg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tfg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tfg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tfg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tfg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    As much as I'd enjoy the challenge, I'm trying to take it fairly slow. I've left myself a lot of time, b/c I want to make sure that by this summer that I look better than I did last summer and where I want to be. I'm just hoping that it can be done. I've never had that really ripped look, and I always looks like I'm holding a little water as well. I'm trying to do maybe a pound a week, maybe even less.