pryme is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pryme is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pryme is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pryme is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pryme is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pryme is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pryme is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pryme is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pryme is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pryme is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pryme is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

WOW, dunking is easy now.

I have always wanted to dunk a basketball, but it has never been a real goal I cared about, just thought it would be cool you know?

Well, I have transformed my body over the last 4 mo from 238lbs and 18%bf to 212lbs and about 10%bf, and to do that I have been running over 30 miles a week, plus I have upped my calf workouts.

Well, I don't visit a bb court often but today I happened to be at one and I dunked 3 times without a whole deal of trouble, before this transformation I could grab the rim, maybe get half my hand over the edge, but no wear close to dunking.

So what a difference losing fat makes, and upping calf workouts.

I'm 6' 1.5 btw.

Just thought I would share in the sports section!

roid_monkey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) roid_monkey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) roid_monkey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) roid_monkey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) roid_monkey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) roid_monkey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) roid_monkey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) roid_monkey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) roid_monkey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) roid_monkey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) roid_monkey is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    congrats
    Negs current month join date's on sight crew

pryme is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pryme is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pryme is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pryme is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pryme is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pryme is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pryme is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pryme is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pryme is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pryme is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pryme is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by roid_monkey View Post
    congrats
    Thanks, hey I see you posted your vert, I would like to find out mine, can you dunk with that vert? If I can now dunk, and get my arm up over the rim without a ball, what would you guess my vert is at 6'1.5???

My arms are long to, I can stand flat footed and just barely touch a 8 foot ceiling.

roid_monkey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) roid_monkey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) roid_monkey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) roid_monkey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) roid_monkey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) roid_monkey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) roid_monkey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) roid_monkey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) roid_monkey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) roid_monkey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) roid_monkey is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by pryme View Post
    Thanks, hey I see you posted your vert, I would like to find out mine, can you dunk with that vert? If I can now dunk, and get my arm up over the rim without a ball, what would you guess my vert is at 6'1.5???

My arms are long to, I can stand flat footed and just barely touch a 8 foot ceiling.
    just measure were you hit your arm on the rim from the tip of your finger, then figure your standing reach (reach as high as you can with 1 hand and measure it). Then subtract your reach from 120 inches (10 feet) and add the measured distance. So if your reach is 8 feet that is 96 inches, and say you hit your arm 10 inches abover the rim, 120-96= 24 inches, + 10 is 34 inch vert.

just measure were you hit your arm on the rim from the tip of your finger, then figure your standing reach (reach as high as you can with 1 hand and measure it). Then subtract your reach from 120 inches (10 feet) and add the measured distance. So if your reach is 8 feet that is 96 inches, and say you hit your arm 10 inches abover the rim, 120-96= 24 inches, + 10 is 34 inch vert.
    That sounds about right then. thanks man.

So you should be dunking to then it looks like.

i can sometimes, and often off of an alley-oop, but i lose a lot of height holding a ball because i jump off of two feet.

Oh see I only jump off my right foot. ball in right hand.

Just proves extra fat does nothing for athletic performance, glad I shed it lol.

ya man before you had like 40+ pounds of fat. thats a lot of weight holding you down!

ya man before you had like 40+ pounds of fat. thats a lot of weight holding you down!
    Yeah, I had to buy new pants haha.

haha like jared from subway. nice work though

dodie53 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dodie53 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dodie53 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dodie53 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dodie53 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dodie53 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dodie53 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dodie53 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dodie53 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dodie53 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dodie53 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    congrats to you.

i hope i'm 6ft too.
    Last edited by dodie53; 01-23-2008 at 06:05 PM.
    You can't worry about things you have no control over.
    -- Steve Nash

janssen_8_5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) janssen_8_5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) janssen_8_5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) janssen_8_5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) janssen_8_5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) janssen_8_5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) janssen_8_5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) janssen_8_5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) janssen_8_5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) janssen_8_5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) janssen_8_5 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Are you saying that you use a tape measure to measure the distance from the tip of your finger to where your arm hits the rim?
    Free Don King...

Registered User |}373r/\/\1n3|)'s Avatar
    |}373r/\/\1n3|) has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) |}373r/\/\1n3|) has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) |}373r/\/\1n3|) has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) |}373r/\/\1n3|) has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) |}373r/\/\1n3|) has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) |}373r/\/\1n3|) has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) |}373r/\/\1n3|) has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) |}373r/\/\1n3|) has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) |}373r/\/\1n3|) has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) |}373r/\/\1n3|) has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) |}373r/\/\1n3|) has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I have always wanted to dunk a basketball, but it has never been a real goal I cared about, just thought it would be cool you know?

Well, I have transformed my body over the last 4 mo from 238lbs and 18%bf to 212lbs and about 10%bf, and to do that I have been running over 30 miles a week, plus I have upped my calf workouts.

Well, I don't visit a bb court often but today I happened to be at one and I dunked 3 times without a whole deal of trouble, before this transformation I could grab the rim, maybe get half my hand over the edge, but no wear close to dunking.

So what a difference losing fat makes, and upping calf workouts.

I'm 6' 1.5 btw.

Just thought I would share in the sports section!
    congrats bro but let me tell you that your calf muscles have very little to do with your vertical jump (check out The Vertical jump Bible if you don't trust me), so pretty much all that increase in jumping is largely due to ur weight loss
    "Watch your thoughts, for they become your words. Choose your words, for they become actions. Understand your actions, for they become habits. Study your habits, for they will become your character. Develop your character, for it becomes your destiny."

Originally Posted by |}373r/\/\1n3|) View Post
    congrats bro but let me tell you that your calf muscles have very little to do with your vertical jump (check out The Vertical jump Bible if you don't trust me), so pretty much all that increase in jumping is largely due to ur weight loss
    Is it quads then? What muscles are involved, I suppose upper body to, because you swing it for momentum???

Registered User |}373r/\/\1n3|)'s Avatar
    |}373r/\/\1n3|) has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) |}373r/\/\1n3|) has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) |}373r/\/\1n3|) has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) |}373r/\/\1n3|) has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) |}373r/\/\1n3|) has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) |}373r/\/\1n3|) has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) |}373r/\/\1n3|) has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) |}373r/\/\1n3|) has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) |}373r/\/\1n3|) has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) |}373r/\/\1n3|) has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) |}373r/\/\1n3|) has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Is it quads then? What muscles are involved, I suppose upper body to, because you swing it for momentum???
    The posterior leg muscles (calf muscles in the back of the leg) are
    responsible for plantarflexing the ankle. When a person prepares for a jump they are usually resting on the balls of their feet, which
    means that their ankle is already partially plantarflexed. This ?pre-
    flexed? position of the ankle means that calf muscle will not be able to
    add much to the strength of the jump. Instead, these muscles will add to
    the jump?s speed.

The preparation stance also has flexed knees and hips. Two muscle groups
    will act to straighten these joints with power (strength). The anterior
    thigh muscles (muscle in the front of the thigh) are collectively known as
    the quadriceps femoris. This group is made up of four muscles (vastus
    medialis, vastus intermedius, vastus lateralis and rectus femoris). Most
    of these muscles only act upon the knee joint ? the rectus femoris would
    also try to flex the hip joint, which means that it will not be active in
    the broad jump. The three vastus muscles are very powerful, and so their
    action will add both strength and speed to the broad jump by extending
    (straightening) the knee.

Finally, the broad jump also needs to extend the hip. There are two groups
    of muscles to do this. Gluteus Maximus (the largest muscle in the buttock)
    is very powerful, but not very fast. It will give the broad jump power.
    The hamstring muscles (located in the back of the thigh) are not as
    strong, but will rapidly extend the hip.
    "Watch your thoughts, for they become your words. Choose your words, for they become actions. Understand your actions, for they become habits. Study your habits, for they will become your character. Develop your character, for it becomes your destiny."

Originally Posted by |}373r/\/\1n3|) View Post
    The posterior leg muscles (calf muscles in the back of the leg) are
    responsible for plantarflexing the ankle. When a person prepares for a jump they are usually resting on the balls of their feet, which
    means that their ankle is already partially plantarflexed. This ?pre-
    flexed? position of the ankle means that calf muscle will not be able to
    add much to the strength of the jump. Instead, these muscles will add to
    the jump?s speed.

The preparation stance also has flexed knees and hips. Two muscle groups
    will act to straighten these joints with power (strength). The anterior
    thigh muscles (muscle in the front of the thigh) are collectively known as
    the quadriceps femoris. This group is made up of four muscles (vastus
    medialis, vastus intermedius, vastus lateralis and rectus femoris). Most
    of these muscles only act upon the knee joint ? the rectus femoris would
    also try to flex the hip joint, which means that it will not be active in
    the broad jump. The three vastus muscles are very powerful, and so their
    action will add both strength and speed to the broad jump by extending
    (straightening) the knee.

Finally, the broad jump also needs to extend the hip. There are two groups
    of muscles to do this. Gluteus Maximus (the largest muscle in the buttock)
    is very powerful, but not very fast. It will give the broad jump power.
    The hamstring muscles (located in the back of the thigh) are not as
    strong, but will rapidly extend the hip.
    Nice info, thanks