pipios is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pipios is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pipios is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pipios is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pipios is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pipios is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pipios is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pipios is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pipios is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pipios is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pipios is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Post How to know if it's and injury or soreness.

I did a DL 5 rep max PR on Tuesday ( 3 x 5 with 325 ). Like I have said in other thread, I usually put my belt on from 315 on. That day I tried that weight beltless. 1st set was hard to complete, second set was a nightmare, still finished it, 3rd set I pit my belt on since I felt I needes it, completed the 5 reps.

That was Tuesday and I am still sore, but I am not used to get hurt ( maybe because those are sissy weights compared to most of you here ) so I don't know what this is. It feels like a stiffness and very close to the spine. I can do the full range of motion and did back extensions today with no problems today, but when I squatted, I could not go as low. It feels like a soreness that does not affect my deadlift movement, but my flexibility.

Any similar experiences ? By the way, I am sure my back was not rounded in any of the reps, but due to my long legs, it not that easy for me to go very low when starting the movement, so it kinda looks like a stiffed leg deadlift sometimes.
    Follow me on twitter: @halconcr

pipios is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pipios is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pipios is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pipios is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pipios is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pipios is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pipios is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pipios is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pipios is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pipios is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pipios is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    https://youtu.be/mm5y8PAC3Yk

https://youtu.be/tlg4BgM-hUY

Here are examples of what I am saying. i don't know if it is because of my long leg, or maybe long arms, but it seems impossible to go lower for me. I guess my genetics are working against me on his one.
    Last edited by pipios; 09-02-2016 at 03:47 PM. Reason: ...

Humble Megalomaniac ElrondHubbard's Avatar
    ElrondHubbard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ElrondHubbard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ElrondHubbard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ElrondHubbard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ElrondHubbard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ElrondHubbard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ElrondHubbard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ElrondHubbard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ElrondHubbard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ElrondHubbard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ElrondHubbard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Could you do the full range on the squats if the weight was lower? It sounds like a mild strain, but I'm no PT so don't take my word for it.

My go-to medicine for something like that is a simple dose of aspirin. Works wonders. Other than that, try to keep the motion, but at lower weight until it feels better.
    “Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.”
    -Voltaire

Originally Posted by ElrondHubbard View Post
    Could you do the full range on the squats if the weight was lower? It sounds like a mild strain, but I'm no PT so don't take my word for it.

My go-to medicine for something like that is a simple dose of aspirin. Works wonders. Other than that, try to keep the motion, but at lower weight until it feels better.
    I tried the full DL range of motion with the bar only and I had a very mild almost unnoticeable soreness, same with back extensions, but I could not go low on squats even with low weight, I could not even break 90 degrees

As you can see, I can go low on the light weights. What I did in this video of last weekn and cannot do now

https://youtu.be/nF63r5bSrCw

Nebamartinez is a name known to all. (+5000) Nebamartinez is a name known to all. (+5000) Nebamartinez is a name known to all. (+5000) Nebamartinez is a name known to all. (+5000) Nebamartinez is a name known to all. (+5000) Nebamartinez is a name known to all. (+5000) Nebamartinez is a name known to all. (+5000) Nebamartinez is a name known to all. (+5000) Nebamartinez is a name known to all. (+5000) Nebamartinez is a name known to all. (+5000) Nebamartinez is a name known to all. (+5000)
    As you mentioned...you went beltless which is out of the norm for you... This may have caused a loss of support/stabilization during your training; which in turn may have pushed you (and stabilizers) a little more than your use too...

If the spinal erectors or lumbar back are worked with heavy weight-to-near maximal weight they can take upwards of 10-14 days to fully recover. Try to rest, take anti-inflammatories if you're able to, perform light low back stretches and decompress your lower back.
    Last edited by Nebamartinez; 09-02-2016 at 10:53 PM.

Nebamartinez is a name known to all. (+5000) Nebamartinez is a name known to all. (+5000) Nebamartinez is a name known to all. (+5000) Nebamartinez is a name known to all. (+5000) Nebamartinez is a name known to all. (+5000) Nebamartinez is a name known to all. (+5000) Nebamartinez is a name known to all. (+5000) Nebamartinez is a name known to all. (+5000) Nebamartinez is a name known to all. (+5000) Nebamartinez is a name known to all. (+5000) Nebamartinez is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I'm not an expert... But, as you mentioned you aren't going down far enough in your video it definitely looks as though you are mainly utilizing a near straight legged deadlift which will be much harder on your low back.

Have you tried a sumo or semi sumo stance instead of the conventional stance?

Originally Posted by Nebamartinez View Post
    I'm not an expert... But, as you mentioned you aren't going down far enough in your video it definitely looks as though you are mainly utilizing a near straight legged deadlift which will be much harder on your low back.

Have you tried a sumo or semi sumo stance instead of the conventional stance?
    Never man. Always conventional.