Sonuvagun will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sonuvagun will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sonuvagun will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sonuvagun will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sonuvagun will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sonuvagun will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sonuvagun will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sonuvagun will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sonuvagun will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sonuvagun will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sonuvagun will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Lifting without a partner....suggestions??

Hey gang! Noobie here. Back to lifting after a LOOOONG layoff (I did an introduction on the Alcoholics thread if you're so inclined to hear the whole stor. Yep,Im one of THEM....lol). I'm slowly trying to formulate a solid routine. I've got a semi efficient plan going...ya know, Ol Faithful...chest&tri's, back&bi's, shoulders&traps, legs, etc. Things are progressing slowly & that's to be expected but where I'm at a loss is not having a workout partner. I've found it crucial in the past for max days,negatives,knowing exactly when to spot, having someone to bounce ideas off of or the most crucial of all...keeping you motivated whether it be keeping the mood light or dog cussin',screaming in your face when maxing out.

I'm not opposed to the idea of staying solo in the gym but I'm kinda without a paddle when it comes to negatives or particularly heavy sets. I'm hesitant to ask a random because I don't wanna be a burden and interrupt anyone's workout.

What are y'alls thoughts? Anybody ever experienced this? If so, what worked best for you? I'm all ears!!!
    If you're gonna be a bear be a grizzly

so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Oceanside View Post
    If I was a bear, I think I'd wanna be a "teddy" bear because that way all the Lovely ladies would wanna take me home and cuddle with be all night and that would be kind of cool, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't wanna be a "polar" bear though because they're all white.....have you ever seen a polar bears azzhole ?....it's like they walk around all day with a permanent skid mark because their arms are too short to wash the crap off their furry white butt-hole hairs...

yeah.....I'd wanna be a teddy bear if I had the choice !

so anyways....

what was the question ?
    Cliffs please, because I ain't reading all of this $hit.
    I like to ride my horses and shoot my guns

Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Polar bears are actually black.

and gay
    Don't put that on me Ricky Bobby, don't you ever put that on me.

so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by so-tex View Post
    Sorry OS. I meant to QUOTE the OP.

Originally Posted by Bando View Post
    Polar bears are actually black.

and gay
    That's just Fuking racist.

Sonuvagun will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sonuvagun will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sonuvagun will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sonuvagun will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sonuvagun will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sonuvagun will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sonuvagun will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sonuvagun will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sonuvagun will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sonuvagun will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sonuvagun will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Just thoughts or suggestions on training without a partner in regards to negatives, max lifts, etc.

Damn,I didnt mean to be off putting with my very first inquiry on here. I'll work on my brevity,lol.

Originally Posted by Sonuvagun View Post
    Just thoughts or suggestions on training without a partner in regards to negatives, max lifts, etc.

Damn,I didnt mean to be off putting with my very first inquiry on here. I'll work on my brevity,lol.
    No man I was just messing with you.
    I lift solo as well . the only time I'm concerned is when I'm under the bar.
    Ususally though, there are other people around that are aware of the situation.
    As far as training to failure??
    Its overrated in my opinion.

No man I was just messing with you.
    I lift solo as well . the only time I'm concerned is when I'm under the bar.
    Ususally though, there are other people around that are aware of the situation.
    As far as training to failure??
    Its overrated in my opinion.
    You think so? I've had varying degrees of success utilizing "to failure", drop sets, negatives etc. But you might be right. Maybe I should just concentrate on building a solid foundation of reps and put the "plateau busters" on the back burner for now.

mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    i lifted alone 99% of the time and I still pushed myself. In my opinion getting "stuck" is not an option at that point. You either man up and make the lift..OR..well..you get hurt. I wasnt wanting to get hurt,so I made the lifts..

You think so? I've had varying degrees of success utilizing "to failure", drop sets, negatives etc. But you might be right. Maybe I should just concentrate on building a solid foundation of reps and put the "plateau busters" on the back burner for now.
    Well you are working out by yourself right?
    I'm not saying training to failure is a bad thing, but trying to do that when you have 325lbs. Or whatever staring you in the face can be pretty damn scary if you can't get that last rep in.

SteveWright1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SteveWright1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SteveWright1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SteveWright1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SteveWright1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SteveWright1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SteveWright1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SteveWright1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SteveWright1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SteveWright1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SteveWright1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    just mentioning the obvious here

but most exercises can be done safely and solo providing your using the right equipment
    benching in a power rack for example, with the safeties set just lower than your arched chest but higher than your upper chest and throat area means you can lower the bar to the safeties easily and escape underneath it

squats done in a cage or squat rack = same deal - safeties set to the correct height to enable you to lower the bar to them in the event getting back to vertical is beyond you on any particular weight or rep

not sure if that is an option available to you?
    ☻/
    /▌ Sm2sm crew (---Squat Moar to Squat Moar---)
    / \

ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Maybe I should just concentrate on building a solid foundation of reps and put the "plateau busters" on the back burner for now.
    You're on the right track with this.

Originally Posted by SteveWright1 View Post
    just mentioning the obvious here

but most exercises can be done safely and solo providing your using the right equipment
    benching in a power rack for example, with the safeties set just lower than your arched chest but higher than your upper chest and throat area means you can lower the bar to the safeties easily and escape underneath it

squats done in a cage or squat rack = same deal - safeties set to the correct height to enable you to lower the bar to them in the event getting back to vertical is beyond you on any particular weight or rep

not sure if that is an option available to you?
    You're right and it is an option. Though those are the "hot ticket" items at my gym. Well, I take that back....squat racks are never a "hot ticket" item with most people, ;-)

Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by ArchAngel'73 View Post
    You're on the right track with this.
    ^^^this, and if you need someone to workout with you are not very motivated and soon will quit going anyway. Depend on nobody but yourself...
    Too big to rig...

Thanks all! I suppose I'm just going to just concentrate on the"fundys" for now. I'm trying to utilize every trick in my bag that I can remember when I should be just sticking to the "k.i.s.s." philosophy. Probably over-complicating it, as. As for keeping the tempo & mood correct, Ill just have to rely on 5 Hour Energy and headphones to keep hyped,lol.

Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I have never needed a workout partner. Not crucial for me.
    Helping one person may not change the world, but it could change the world for one person.

crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Just train without a partner. If you are worried, do one less rep.
    "To be a warrior is not a simple matter of wishing to be one. It is rather an endless struggle that will go on to the very last moment of our lives. Nobody is born a warrior, in exactly the same way that nobody is born an average man. We make ourselves into one or the other."-- Carlos Castaneda

Humble Megalomaniac ElrondHubbard's Avatar
    ElrondHubbard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ElrondHubbard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ElrondHubbard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ElrondHubbard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ElrondHubbard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ElrondHubbard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ElrondHubbard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ElrondHubbard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ElrondHubbard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ElrondHubbard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ElrondHubbard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    If you want to train to failure and lift alone, then you need a cage with safety bars. Otherwise, I agree with so-tex. Failure is an option, but it's not a requirement.
    “Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.”
    -Voltaire

JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    yeah when going to failure i always ask people in the gym for a spot
    Disclaimer: The above post is my personal opinion and does not represent the official position of any company or entity. It does not constitute medical advice.

Online coaching avilable
    ******** Great Physique Fitness https://www.********.com/Great-Physique-Fitness-575323199169735/?ref=hl
    Twitter SmetonFitness https://twitter.com/SmetonFitness
    Instagram https://www.instagram.com/great_physique_fitness/?hl=en