Closed Thread
    cdj588 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Your thoughts on my elbow injury

Long story short:

I decided to max on bench yesterday and I felt a weird feeling in my left elbowduring the rep. I cant remember if it was when I was lowering the bar to my chest or when I initated the press back up. However, my elbow is definitely not normal today.

There is no bruising, redness, or swelling, but it is semi painful when I extend my arm. Not painful enough to prevent me from extending it though, I'd say about a 1 out of 10.

Its really noticable when I try to push something with it though. For instance if I am sitting down at my desk and I pressed down on the desk with my left arm I do not feel a lack of strength, but at my elbow there is pain and it increases with intensity as I press harder. Also, though I experienced the feeling during my rep I did not lose any strength or balance while performing the rep. I was able to finsh under complete control.

Overall, I do not expect a diagnosis through the forum and I will go to the doctor if the pain is still going on after this weekend. But I am concerned I torn my tricep tendon and I need some piece of mind.

If I had torn my tricep tendon would there be sweelling, redness, or brusiing?
    Would I be in agnizing pain if I tried to press/push something?

Any thoughts or comments are appreciated.