Lammerchops is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lammerchops is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lammerchops is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lammerchops is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lammerchops is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lammerchops is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lammerchops is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lammerchops is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lammerchops is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lammerchops is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lammerchops is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Angry Concerned I'm wasting my time, specific question about my nutritional rqmts?

Stats: 32, 5'7", 130, ecto body type
    I've read the stickies, as instructed, and calculated my daily total at 1,950 using the following rationale: 15cal/pound, involved in light to moderate activity 3-5 days/week with a moderately active lifestyle. I work a desk job Mon-Fri 9-5 and do cardio, weights, or both, 5 days/week.

I guess I would fall into the "body recomp" category, in that I'm seeking fat loss, while maintaining the muscle I have.

I lift as heavy as possible 4 days/week (chest & back, arms & shldrs, and 2 leg days), and after reading a lot on here, I have cut back on the cardio because I'm an ectomorph that seems to prefer being "skinny fat". I probably haven't helped things with years of distance running.

My daily cal goal is currently at 1,700 with macros at 40/30/30.

My questions are related to nutrition, because the workouts and cardio are under control.

I'm having issues sticking to the above-mentioned nutritional guidelines because I have no idea if they're right. I could get over my impatience if I could obtain some validation that this equation was correct, and that I just needed to give it time.

Am I eating too much for fat loss? Too little?
    Last edited by Lammerchops; 04-21-2013 at 06:27 PM.

KwayZee has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KwayZee has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KwayZee has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KwayZee has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KwayZee has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KwayZee has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KwayZee has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KwayZee has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KwayZee has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KwayZee has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KwayZee has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Those numbers actually look fairly correct. The best advice I could give would be to follow those numbers for 2-3 weeks and go from there. If you feel like it is too much, you can lower them and vice versa.
    ~Veni Vidi Vici~

kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz
    If your goal is to recomp, your calories should be set at maintenance. I'd probably set calories around 2000 and only adjust if needed.

Good luck!
    National Level Competitor (Female BB)

oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    In addition to the advice already given, I'd like to discourage you from thinking you have a particular body 'type'. Those terms generally aren't used anymore - we are not stuck in a body type box - it really depends on how we train and what we eat. If you have a tendency towards "skinny-fat", it's most likely because you did a lot of cardio and not enough weights. All cardio does is burn calories - it does nothing for muscle. And it's pretty easy to over-eat regardless of how much exercise you do. "You can't out-exercise a bad diet"!

Focus on lifting and get your diet dialed in. Any calculator is going to give you just a rough idea - then it's up to you after trial and error to make sure you are seeing the results you want. And accurate calorie tracking is critical - get and use a digital scale for everything.
    "Start where you are. It's never too late to change your life."

Lammerchops is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lammerchops is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lammerchops is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lammerchops is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lammerchops is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lammerchops is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lammerchops is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lammerchops is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lammerchops is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lammerchops is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lammerchops is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Thanks very much for all replies, a little affirmation that I'm on the right track makes a world of difference in terms of encouraging me to "keep the faith".

I want to eat as much as possible while still sticking to an intake amount that produces results.

I track and weigh everything and am confident that I am accurately recording cals, it's just the discipline that needs to be kept in check. Will give it a solid go for 2 straight weeks. I'm the type to give up after 4 days when I don't see results, and yes I know that's absurd. I'm newly motivated, now that you've confirmed that these calculations aren't way off, and are worth testing. Appreciate it.