AliGip is on a distinguished road. (+10) AliGip is on a distinguished road. (+10) AliGip is on a distinguished road. (+10) AliGip is on a distinguished road. (+10) AliGip is on a distinguished road. (+10) AliGip is on a distinguished road. (+10) AliGip is on a distinguished road. (+10) AliGip is on a distinguished road. (+10) AliGip is on a distinguished road. (+10) AliGip is on a distinguished road. (+10) AliGip is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Hormone Fluctuations

Hey ladies-- I am just curious-- are maybe some hormonal fluctuations when beginning or during the first several months of lifestyle changes with nutrition and lifting to be expected ? I started in October and I have been cutting at a nice steady pace ( started out I think around 150 now 137) . I eat 5 times a day- sometimes 6. I had been at 1490 ( 125 p/50 f/135 c) for awhile - I had quit losing so I recently just cut down on my carbs/fat some getting in around 115 carbs and 45 fat- protein is the same. -- but the past few months actually hormones have been allllll over the place. More than normal. I went thru having more than 1 cycle a month to spotting and the time of my cycle shifting to moody all sorts of stuff -- is this part of my body adjusting ? anyone else experience same or similar? my bloodwork at my dr appointment in april was fine.

LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    137 x .4g = 55g of fat. Bump that back up, and see what happens, and remember that fat may be easy to cut to lower calories, but it's important for your hormone health.

I also think you're too concerned with rushing the process from some of your recent threads. Stick to a steady deficit, weigh your foods, and don't get paranoid about the scale. Weight loss stalls sometimes, even in a deficit, it can be a lot of things. Use measurements, and/or progress pictures, or something so you're not just relying on the number. And of course, remember that weight loss is supposed to slow down, you won't lose at the same rate at 137 as you did at 150.
    PRs: 95lbs/126lbs/212lbs
    Next Goals: 100lbs/150lbs/215lbs

AliGip is on a distinguished road. (+10) AliGip is on a distinguished road. (+10) AliGip is on a distinguished road. (+10) AliGip is on a distinguished road. (+10) AliGip is on a distinguished road. (+10) AliGip is on a distinguished road. (+10) AliGip is on a distinguished road. (+10) AliGip is on a distinguished road. (+10) AliGip is on a distinguished road. (+10) AliGip is on a distinguished road. (+10) AliGip is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by LunaLifts View Post
    137 x .4g = 55g of fat. Bump that back up, and see what happens, and remember that fat may be easy to cut to lower calories, but it's important for your hormone health.

I also think you're too concerned with rushing the process from some of your recent threads. Stick to a steady deficit, weigh your foods, and don't get paranoid about the scale. Weight loss stalls sometimes, even in a deficit, it can be a lot of things. Use measurements, and/or progress pictures, or something so you're not just relying on the number. And of course, remember that weight loss is supposed to slow down, you won't lose at the same rate at 137 as you did at 150.
    True-- so the lack of fat can cause the craziness . I bump it up and see if that helps. And yes- I am terrible for rushing. I want my results now but I know that's just not possible. Then, I am sure that when I reach one goal Ill have a new goal of some sort. I am almost certain that what keeps us all going its either to lose another pound, gain another pound, lift a bit heavier , run a little faster, etc. all in time I guess.

LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by AliGip View Post
    True-- so the lack of fat can cause the craziness . I bump it up and see if that helps. And yes- I am terrible for rushing. I want my results now but I know that's just not possible. Then, I am sure that when I reach one goal Ill have a new goal of some sort. I am almost certain that what keeps us all going its either to lose another pound, gain another pound, lift a bit heavier , run a little faster, etc. all in time I guess.
    I know the feeling, I went from my highest to lowest weight by using an unhealthy deficit, and cardio. The effects where awful, and i'd never go back to it, but it does mess with your perception when it comes to healthy weight loss. You learn a good lesson in patience though, and the results, and journey are a lot better the right way.

In the meantime, while accepting that it takes time, and sometimes the scale doesn't move for awhile even if everything is on point, try to set small goals too. It doesn't have to just be about scale progress, or lifting, find areas in your life you want to improve, and take little steps. Like I have goals of meeting my macros/cals daily, getting at least 20min of activity outside of lifting, stretching at least four times a week, get veggies in every meal, these are all nutrition/fitness goals, and I'm not even concerned with the scale at the moment, because I know i'm doing what I need to. Then there's goals like not biting my nails (what can I say, making it a concrete goal helped), reading a little daily, working on a drawing at least once per week, and I write everything in a list-type journal so I keep accountable, and I always have something to work on every day.

Once you break the big stuff down into the small steps you can take daily, it gives you that feeling of progress that isn't dependent on one way of measuring it.
    PRs: 95lbs/126lbs/212lbs
    Next Goals: 100lbs/150lbs/215lbs