Steph2387 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Steph2387 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Steph2387 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Steph2387 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Steph2387 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Steph2387 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Steph2387 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Steph2387 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Steph2387 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Steph2387 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Steph2387 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Question Do I eat less on Rest days??

Hey Im following the plan found on this website in FIND A PLAN Fat Loss for women 20-39. Its got me eating HEAPS! Im 86kg and have to consume around 2300 calories a day with my training 5 days a week according to their calculations, am I suppose to eat less then the plan on my rest days?? Coz i feel like i have already eaten heaps this morning but I am just following their plan lol

Also in the plan it says to eat 1/2 cup Uncooked oats, now i know i sound sooo dumb sayin this but it means u cook them right, there isnt some bodybuilding secret to eating uncooked oats right?? Also does anyone put splenda and some milk with it, i surely cant eat oats with no milk or somethign sweet ontop?

anyways let me know bodybuildign community xoxox
    stephy!!

Registered User JenniferLWilson's Avatar
    JenniferLWilson will become famous soon enough. (+50) JenniferLWilson will become famous soon enough. (+50) JenniferLWilson will become famous soon enough. (+50) JenniferLWilson will become famous soon enough. (+50) JenniferLWilson will become famous soon enough. (+50) JenniferLWilson will become famous soon enough. (+50) JenniferLWilson will become famous soon enough. (+50) JenniferLWilson will become famous soon enough. (+50) JenniferLWilson will become famous soon enough. (+50) JenniferLWilson will become famous soon enough. (+50) JenniferLWilson will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Steph2387 View Post
    Hey Im following the plan found on this website in FIND A PLAN Fat Loss for women 20-39. Its got me eating HEAPS! Im 86kg and have to consume around 2300 calories a day with my training 5 days a week according to their calculations, am I suppose to eat less then the plan on my rest days?? Coz i feel like i have already eaten heaps this morning but I am just following their plan lol

Also in the plan it says to eat 1/2 cup Uncooked oats, now i know i sound sooo dumb sayin this but it means u cook them right, there isnt some bodybuilding secret to eating uncooked oats right?? Also does anyone put splenda and some milk with it, i surely cant eat oats with no milk or somethign sweet ontop?

anyways let me know bodybuildign community xoxox
    stephy!!
    After most of my workouts, I make a fruit smoothie w/ protein powder and milk, and I add about 1/2 cup of oats. Into the blender everything goes, and it turns out to be pretty yummy! And you can't even taste the oats, really. The protein powder + the carbs from the oats is a good after-workout combo.
    ~"If you want something passionately enough, you will work to achieve it."

~"Energy and persistence conquer all things."

~"Suffer the pain of discipline, or suffer the pain of regret."

Carbs are my friend... vandalgirl59's Avatar
    vandalgirl59 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vandalgirl59 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vandalgirl59 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vandalgirl59 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vandalgirl59 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vandalgirl59 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vandalgirl59 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vandalgirl59 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vandalgirl59 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vandalgirl59 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vandalgirl59 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    As completely weird as this sound, I love uncooked oats....just plain. yummmm

I personally DO eat less on rest days, but not by a huge amount. If you calculate what you just burn in a normal day without workouts it'll give you a number to go off when choosing how much to eat. It depends on your goals. The overall cals are what matter...at the end of the week it really doesnt matter if you eat more or less cals on specific days as long as the balance is where you want it in the end
    ~Impatience never demanded success~

***Calculate your Calorie/Macro Needs HERE --> http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=156380533 ***

Bout2break69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bout2break69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bout2break69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bout2break69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Lol you don't sound dumb sometimes the wording can be confusing usually when it says a measurement such as 1/2 cup and uncooked it means measure the 1/2 c BEFORE you cook it. This is because when you cook the oats they usually expand, so if you measured after you cooked it you would actually be eating less. I hope that makes sense to you the way I explained it I'm not very good at explaining things lol. As far as the eating less on days you don't train goes, personally, I follow this, but you don't necessarily have to as long as you're still at a deficit at the end of the week. Good luck with everything!

kdiamond55 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kdiamond55 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kdiamond55 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kdiamond55 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kdiamond55 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kdiamond55 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kdiamond55 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kdiamond55 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kdiamond55 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kdiamond55 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kdiamond55 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I eat less on non-workout days, but only by the amount I *estimate* I burn at the gym...pretty much 250 calories less.
    Karen

andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    i'm actually like jesse and like uncooked oats, and i also love them plain (although sometimes i really crave my proats) but do usually cook them. you measure 1/2 c (weighing is more accurate, fyi. usually it's 40 g) dry and then cook them. as said, volume increases, which is why you measure them dry, even though you are meant to cook them. you can add whatever you want to them as long as it fits into your cals and macro's for the day. you can do unsweetened almond milk instead of milk and splenda/stevia instead of sugar if you wanna save cals and that's how you like it. but there are tons and tons of potential add-ins. do a search. oatmeal is a fave among this board and people have some really creative ways to eat them. so, so many options.

as for rest days, it's your call and easiest to keep it simple, and personally, i'd say it depends on your goals. the impt thing to keep in mind is that muscles grow during rest, so you really ought not cut back a lot, if at all. maybe just your pwo snack. i dunno. such mixed thoughts. there are 2 current threads on this in the general (i.e., not female) nutrition forum about this, so you might wanna check those for lots of opinions.

Steph2387 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Steph2387 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Steph2387 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Steph2387 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Steph2387 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Steph2387 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Steph2387 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Steph2387 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Steph2387 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Steph2387 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Steph2387 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Thanks heaps for ur replies it has really helped. I have only bene on this new plan for 3 days so I haventy been calculating my calorie intake or anything,m just be gestimating and weighin and measuring but no writing of calories eaten. It gets hard with my job n stuff but i guess i have to be prepared. My maiun goal is fat loss as I am 86kg and really need to lose at least 10kg to start with, i dont want to think too far ahead or i get daunteds and de-motivated. Thanks heaps. i love this site!

Also sorry bout my typos, I tend to type too fast and hit different keys haha