Thread: Whey Protein

ArmyMan18 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Whey Protein

Hey all, I just recently bought some Body Fortress Whey protein (Chocolate) and for one scoop its 34g of protein, and I wanted to know how to burn some fat if it's possible with a protein shake. How am I suppose to take a protein shake to help loose weight and build muscle? I'm 194lbs, 5'8, Male.

-TC- is just really nice. (+1000) -TC- is just really nice. (+1000) -TC- is just really nice. (+1000) -TC- is just really nice. (+1000) -TC- is just really nice. (+1000) -TC- is just really nice. (+1000) -TC- is just really nice. (+1000) -TC- is just really nice. (+1000) -TC- is just really nice. (+1000) -TC- is just really nice. (+1000) -TC- is just really nice. (+1000)

Yeah but when am I suppose to take the protein powder drink? Drink it has a lunch before a workout and then after?

In Starvation Mode Brklyns_Finest's Avatar
    Brklyns_Finest will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brklyns_Finest will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brklyns_Finest will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brklyns_Finest will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brklyns_Finest will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brklyns_Finest will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brklyns_Finest will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brklyns_Finest will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brklyns_Finest will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brklyns_Finest will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brklyns_Finest will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by ArmyMan18 View Post
    Yeah but when am I suppose to take the protein powder drink? Drink it has a lunch before a workout and then after?
    besides post workout, no specific time is going to be beneficial over another. drinking whey protein is the same as eating a grilled chicken breast(with less natural nutrients obviously) as far as protein goes. The goal is to take in lots of protein, whatever source it may come from (preferably low cal when cutting, a little higher if bulking). So if you find yourself only being able to cook 3 times a day, take a couple of protein shakes to fill your daily protein requirement. It is used to supplement your normal protein intake

turbo0995 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Protein shakes can be had at different times for different reasons. If you have a slow digesting protein (like casein) before bed, it would help with catabolism (body eating muscle protein) during the night when food is being consumed. Before/after a workout helps boost the likelyhood of protein absorbtion into the muscle. Some people also use them as a meal replacement (ie anytime).

besides that, a balanced diet and working out will be the best for really losing fat. Don't cut out fats and carbs (like a lot of diets), get a proper balance and eat the amount you should, and the correct types.... In other words have fats from dietary sources like milk or protein, not fries (obviously).

Besides that eat often and make your meals small.

Oh okay, so your saying like have oatmeal for breakfast, then for a snack, have a protein shake, (eg: 34g or protein) then work out; cardio then pushups and abs; then after have another protein shake as a lunch to reduce calorie intake, then have a snack like a apple, and then have a regular dinner like chicken or something healthy?

Parajoe will become famous soon enough. (+50) Parajoe will become famous soon enough. (+50) Parajoe will become famous soon enough. (+50) Parajoe will become famous soon enough. (+50) Parajoe will become famous soon enough. (+50) Parajoe will become famous soon enough. (+50) Parajoe will become famous soon enough. (+50) Parajoe will become famous soon enough. (+50) Parajoe will become famous soon enough. (+50) Parajoe will become famous soon enough. (+50) Parajoe will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Hey all, I just recently bought some Body Fortress Whey protein (Chocolate) and for one scoop its 34g of protein, and I wanted to know how to burn some fat if it's possible with a protein shake. How am I suppose to take a protein shake to help loose weight and build muscle? I'm 194lbs, 5'8, Male.
    Dude that stuff tastes horrible!!! Where are you at?
    I just like pickin up heavy stuff. It's neat.

I like it :P

Bump, check posts.

naija2atl is on a distinguished road. (+10) naija2atl is on a distinguished road. (+10) naija2atl is on a distinguished road. (+10) naija2atl is on a distinguished road. (+10) naija2atl is on a distinguished road. (+10) naija2atl is on a distinguished road. (+10) naija2atl is on a distinguished road. (+10) naija2atl is on a distinguished road. (+10) naija2atl is on a distinguished road. (+10) naija2atl is on a distinguished road. (+10) naija2atl is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Oh okay, so your saying like have oatmeal for breakfast, then for a snack, have a protein shake, (eg: 34g or protein) then work out; cardio then pushups and abs; then after have another protein shake as a lunch to reduce calorie intake, then have a snack like a apple, and then have a regular dinner like chicken or something healthy?
    Couting calories is all that matter, excess calories from shakes will put fat on you just like any other source of calories. Protein will not help you lose fat. Capish ?

csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Parajoe View Post
    Dude that stuff tastes horrible!!! Where are you at?
    I used to get that stuff - it wasn't so much the taste that turned me off, the Body Fortress stuff I bought had creatine mono in it, and the grit was very off-putting.

While I'll use creatine mono on and off, I'll generally just slug it down in a little water to get the nastiness over with. I couldn't really enjoy my shake with the sandy granules, though.

OP, as some above posters have said, supplemental protein is not really a fat-burning supplement. It is useful to help reach your daily protein requirement if you have difficulty doing so with only whole foods, and typically has less tag-along fat and carbs vs. most meats, dairy, etc. In that sense, it can be seen as kind of a weight-loss aid, I guess.

It's also often cheaper protein vs. whole foods, especially if you buy in bulk.

The downside when cutting (lower total caloric intake) for me is that it's not very filling compared to say, a skinless chicken breast. When I'm really cutting the calories, I actually have to cut out the whey or else I'll be hungry as hell.
    Way more Xtreme Fitbitter than MissLadyJ or kureransu

bbtour is not very well liked. (-100) bbtour is not very well liked. (-100) bbtour is not very well liked. (-100) bbtour is not very well liked. (-100) bbtour is not very well liked. (-100) bbtour is not very well liked. (-100) bbtour is not very well liked. (-100) bbtour is not very well liked. (-100) bbtour is not very well liked. (-100) bbtour is not very well liked. (-100) bbtour is not very well liked. (-100)
    read the sticky , it should help you understand stuff about fat loss if your new .
    WILL REP U BACK BRUH!

Jerok88 is just really nice. (+1000) Jerok88 is just really nice. (+1000) Jerok88 is just really nice. (+1000) Jerok88 is just really nice. (+1000) Jerok88 is just really nice. (+1000) Jerok88 is just really nice. (+1000) Jerok88 is just really nice. (+1000) Jerok88 is just really nice. (+1000) Jerok88 is just really nice. (+1000) Jerok88 is just really nice. (+1000) Jerok88 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Don't hate on the super advanced body fortress protein. My chocolate one tastes pretty good
    ~Ron Paul 2012~

Kansas City Chiefs fan.

Kansas City Royals fan.