Jayjoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jayjoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jayjoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jayjoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jayjoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jayjoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jayjoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jayjoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jayjoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jayjoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jayjoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Full Body Workouts only

For years I've been doing traditional training splits: chest & tris, back & bis, legs, shoulders. Just this week I am trying something new. I realize full body routines are mostly for beginners, but I have been trying for a while to make my workouts more efficient, doing less exercises and being more intense, gaining strength and challenging my nervous system. I am just over 40 years old so I can't go too crazy, but I still want to add mass and strength. So here it is (each day is separated by one or two rest days):

Day 1 = Barbells: squats, romanians, bench press, bent rows, skull crushes, curls.

Day 2 = Bodyweight with gymnastic rings: pushups, rows, dips, pull ups, bench dips.

Day 3 = Kettlebell: swing, 1-arm swing, under leg pass, clean, clean & jerk, snatch, military press, squat, sumo DL into upright row, windmill, curl.

The point is to give each body part more than one workout on different days. Also to focus on explosive power with the kettlebell and strength with the barbell where I pyramid from 10 reps down to 2-4 reps.

I am wondering if anyone has done this kind of thing, and if the result will be more mass and strength from releasing more growth hormone from the full body workouts, or if I will just loose size and definition from underworking, rather than exhausting, the muscles. Let me know.