carterlampe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) carterlampe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) carterlampe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) carterlampe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) carterlampe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question supplements for my dad

My dad wants to start lifting I was wondering if there was anything other than the whey creatine and multi you'd recommend?

miccelol will become famous soon enough. (+50) miccelol will become famous soon enough. (+50) miccelol will become famous soon enough. (+50) miccelol will become famous soon enough. (+50) miccelol will become famous soon enough. (+50) miccelol will become famous soon enough. (+50) miccelol will become famous soon enough. (+50) miccelol will become famous soon enough. (+50) miccelol will become famous soon enough. (+50) miccelol will become famous soon enough. (+50) miccelol will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    joint supplements for sure.. fish oil is a must, and id probably also suggest animal flex.
    -orange triad, oximega fish oil, Whey, coffee

Must Unify Korea 나는 한국 통합 KimJong-il's Avatar
    KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000) KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000) KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000) KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000) KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000) KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000) KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000) KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000) KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000) KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000) KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by carterlampe View Post
    My dad wants to start lifting I was wondering if there was anything other than the whey creatine and multi you'd recommend?
    Nothing...personally Id get him a fitness book. If he wants to take the whey, creatine mono and multi thats ok...perhaps add in fish oil for health benefits, but I highly suggest not getting him any designer supplements at this starting point.
    Supreme Leader of Thermolife

의 최고 지도자 Thermolife

fortes fortuna adiuvat itzDodge's Avatar
    itzDodge is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) itzDodge is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) itzDodge is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) itzDodge is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) itzDodge is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) itzDodge is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) itzDodge is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) itzDodge is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) itzDodge is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) itzDodge is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) itzDodge is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by KimJong-il View Post
    Nothing...personally Id get him a fitness book. If he wants to take the whey, creatine mono and multi thats ok...perhaps add in fish oil for health benefits, but I highly suggest not getting him any designer supplements at this starting point.
    This, he should understand diet and training before plunging into the realm of supplements. Protein would be fine, maybe some fish oil as well but beyond that he needs to get the basics of fitness down first.
    NSCA CSCS

Online Coach and Brofessor
    http://www.biggerfastersmarter.com/

Zrzehner has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zrzehner has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    If you buy something from the BB store. Get body by design as a free sample for him. It's Kris gethin's book and my dad seems to really like it!

nics1246 has the mod powerz nics1246 has the mod powerz nics1246 has the mod powerz nics1246 has the mod powerz nics1246 has the mod powerz nics1246 has the mod powerz nics1246 has the mod powerz nics1246 has the mod powerz nics1246 has the mod powerz nics1246 has the mod powerz nics1246 has the mod powerz
    Learn proper training and nutrition. Stick to basics. A good multi, fish oil and creatine. And one you've achieved this, then hop on the supplement bandwagon. ........your dad should, ofcourse

carterlampe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) carterlampe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) carterlampe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) carterlampe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) carterlampe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    How about any test boosters? hes gonna be 40 if that helps

Must Unify Korea 나는 한국 통합 KimJong-il's Avatar
    KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000) KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000) KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000) KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000) KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000) KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000) KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000) KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000) KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000) KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000) KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by carterlampe View Post
    How about any test boosters? hes gonna be 40 if that helps
    It wont do anything other than a possible libido boost if he is not on a effective diet and training regimen, sticking with it and working hard at it. Its critical to to depend on creating a consistent lifestyle prior to using designer supplements, or else it will only be a waste of money...but more importantly you have to realize that its not the right direction as a starting point.
    Supreme Leader of Thermolife

의 최고 지도자 Thermolife

justfive is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) justfive is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) justfive is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) justfive is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) justfive is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) justfive is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) justfive is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) justfive is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) justfive is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) justfive is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) justfive is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I disagree that he needs to take nothing. as you get older, especially for people who were previously not active, starting such physical activity can be very demanding on their joints and body in general. They also typically dont have a good diet, which obviously needs to change, but when starting to lift Id suggest a multi / fish oil / joint supplement for sure.

Then, as he learns more about nutrition and training, he can add more stuff. Definitely no test boosters, no designer supps, no need to take creatine, nothing of this sort. This should be added when he reaches varying degrees of experience

poison has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) poison has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) poison has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) poison has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) poison has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) poison has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) poison has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) poison has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) poison has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) poison has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) poison has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Good suggestions here. I'm not a huge fan of the random prophylactic joint supp suggestions, I'm just not convinced pumping glucosamine/chondroitin/etc down the hatch without obvious need on a chronic basis is a great idea. IMO curcumin, fish oil (as suggested), and a few other supps would be far better for 'preventative joint care'.

I would say for your dad:

whey
    multi
    fish oil
    creatine monohydrate

and add:

Curcumin
    EGCG

Why those two? Because they are have such a wide, varied spectrum of effects, nearly all of which are simply awesome for anti-aging as well as overall health, cancer-prevention, and scads more.

As far as test-boosters...it's not necessary, but I bet he'd enjoy it greatly (plus, your mom might as well...wait, wut?). I would have my dad on a good test-booster, if he hadn't had his pituitary (and other stuff) destroyed by chemo/radiation. He's on HRT, so no point. I have put my dad on Cordygen5, and he absolutely LOVES it. His lungs are impaired, and it really helped his overall endurance.
    ~ Roast Master, Resident Coffee Warlock~
    www.westcoastroasting.com
    -- Use 'MISC' for a discount! --

Disclaimer: sit there and let it bleed.

Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Get some sleep poison

poison has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) poison has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) poison has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) poison has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) poison has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) poison has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) poison has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) poison has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) poison has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) poison has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) poison has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Mr.Cooper69 View Post
    Get some sleep poison
    No way. I had an awesome judo class, just took some Launch, I'm fired up.
    ~ Roast Master, Resident Coffee Warlock~
    www.westcoastroasting.com
    -- Use 'MISC' for a discount! --

Disclaimer: sit there and let it bleed.

fortes fortuna adiuvat itzDodge's Avatar
    itzDodge is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) itzDodge is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) itzDodge is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) itzDodge is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) itzDodge is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) itzDodge is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) itzDodge is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) itzDodge is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) itzDodge is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) itzDodge is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) itzDodge is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Mr.Cooper69 View Post
    Get some sleep poison
    *cough* pot kettle *cough*
    NSCA CSCS

Online Coach and Brofessor
    http://www.biggerfastersmarter.com/