mdemaio7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Diet Plan questions

I have seen pretty good results from my diet. I typically spend the winter months bulking (from November to March), then I will cut in March and kind of level out. Here is my current diet that I am on and I want to know what I should do differently.

Keep in mind that I am not looking to gain size but rather maintain what I have but cut whatever little fat I have left. I am not the type to cook or make fancy healthy meals but I just want to know what I should scrap and put in.

MEAL 1: Protein Shake
    One scoop vanilla ice cream flavored whey
    1/2 cup of unsweetened unflavored almond milk
    4 oz. of All Whites (egg whites)
    10 oz. water
    2 tablespoons of PB2
    1 tablespoon of Natural Creamy Peanut Butter

MEAL 2:
    I vary between fruits. Usually a banana or a pear.

MEAL 3:
    8 oz. of Baby Carrots
    8 oz. of Raw Broccoli
    Yoplait Light Fat Free Yogurt

MEAL 4:
    1 cup of steamed Broccoli or steamed Green Beans
    10 oz. of Grilled Chicken or 3 patties of Lean Ground Turkey Breast

MEAL 5: Postworkout Shake
    2 Scoops of Carnivor Beef

MEAL 6:
    1 and a Half cups of Unsweetened Original Almond Milk
    1 scoop of Cookies and Cream Casein

Supplements besides protein:
    Fish Oil, Multivitamin, Concret, Xtend BCAA's

I exercise 6 days a week, Friday through Saturday, for about 2 and a half hours a night. A half hour of that workout includes 30 min of cardio to start with the rest of the time devoted to lifting, some abs, and stretching.

I usually follow this exact diet Monday through Friday. On Saturday, I do the same morning shake and carnivor after my workout but later I'll eat freely. On Sunday I eat freely as well.

So....WHAT SHOULD I CHANGE?!?!?!?

Chasing cats since 1967 WonderPug's Avatar
    WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    The names of the foods you consume, the frequency of your meals and the money you waste on useless supplements do not determine the outcome of your diet.

What matters is daily energy balance and micro/macronutrient sufficiency.

To learn the basics about nutrition, please see the relevant stickies at the top of the nutrition forum.

ObiJuanK is on a distinguished road. (+10) ObiJuanK is on a distinguished road. (+10) ObiJuanK is on a distinguished road. (+10) ObiJuanK is on a distinguished road. (+10) ObiJuanK is on a distinguished road. (+10) ObiJuanK is on a distinguished road. (+10) ObiJuanK is on a distinguished road. (+10) ObiJuanK is on a distinguished road. (+10) ObiJuanK is on a distinguished road. (+10) ObiJuanK is on a distinguished road. (+10) ObiJuanK is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Your fat intake looks way too low and you're definitely overtraining lol You can start there.
    “I’m not interested in preserving the status quo; I want to overthrow it.” - Machiavelli

“If the mind is willing, the flesh could go on and on without many things" - Sun Tzu

Man cannot remake himself without suffering, for he is both the marble and the sculptor

mdemaio7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by WonderPug View Post
    The names of the foods you consume, the frequency of your meals and the money you waste on useless supplements do not determine the outcome of your diet.

What matters is daily energy balance and micro/macronutrient sufficiency.

To learn the basics about nutrition, please see the relevant stickies at the top of the nutrition forum.
    Would it help if I said I was consuming...

20g of fat
    85g carbs
    175g of protein

on Monday through Friday

ObiJuanK is on a distinguished road. (+10) ObiJuanK is on a distinguished road. (+10) ObiJuanK is on a distinguished road. (+10) ObiJuanK is on a distinguished road. (+10) ObiJuanK is on a distinguished road. (+10) ObiJuanK is on a distinguished road. (+10) ObiJuanK is on a distinguished road. (+10) ObiJuanK is on a distinguished road. (+10) ObiJuanK is on a distinguished road. (+10) ObiJuanK is on a distinguished road. (+10) ObiJuanK is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Yes....Up the fat. You need at least 20% of your calories from fat in order to maintain your hormones stable..

That almost sounds like a MPSF. I wouldn't suggest it if you're looking at long term goals.
    “I’m not interested in preserving the status quo; I want to overthrow it.” - Machiavelli

“If the mind is willing, the flesh could go on and on without many things" - Sun Tzu

Man cannot remake himself without suffering, for he is both the marble and the sculptor

Chasing cats since 1967 WonderPug's Avatar
    WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by mdemaio7 View Post
    20g of fat
    85g carbs
    175g of protein
    That's obviously a catastrophically deficient diet.

Start by reading the stickies at the top of the nutrition forum as you need to learn at least the most basic aspects of nutrition.

Originally Posted by ObiJuanK View Post
    You need at least 20% of your calories from fat
    Please ignore this nonsense.