Diability has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

On a quest to lose weight...ran into a problem with calories

So about 2-3 weeks ago I finally decided to start giving an effort to eat healthy and lose weight. I have cut out soda completely from my diet, have been eating healthy and all that. Breakfast, I'll eat either a wheat Bagel with a slice of turkey on it, w/e some peanut butter, or some scrambled eggs/brown rice/chicken. Lunch = a turkey sandwhich on wheat bread with 1 slice of cheese, or a salad with chicken/tuna. and for dinner some wraps on tomato flatbread, once again turkey, lettuce, some shredded cheese.

I thought it was going good until I read that I need at least 1000 + calories to lose weight healthily. All this time I thought the lower the better! My guess is I would have been eating somewhere around 700-900 a day, including some fruit in the middle of the day.

Also, I currently do not have a membership to a gym. I have been managing at home, doing HIIT, Burpees, Squats with 5 gallon water bottles, pushups, crunches, etc.

Can people tell me some meals I could take, some better exercises to do at home, and if those meals I HAVE been eating are healthy or not? And how to add some more calories to my diet

Lelaki Bangunan Seksi LengthyLifter's Avatar
    LengthyLifter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LengthyLifter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LengthyLifter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LengthyLifter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LengthyLifter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LengthyLifter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LengthyLifter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LengthyLifter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LengthyLifter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LengthyLifter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LengthyLifter has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    a bagel with turkey and some peanut butter is easily 600 calories alone, so you're nowhere near the 700-900 mark with your other meals added.

First, I would start weighing food and counting calories to figure out how much you're actually eating, because trying to estimate how much you should eat without comparing to how much you actually eat and your results, is futile.

Then I would use more veggies to increase food volume without adding too many calories. This will help fill you up and make it seem like you're eating bigger meals. I tend to replace high carb sources with more veggies when I'm getting serious about a strict diet, as a means to get sizable calorie reductions.

K2Valor will become famous soon enough. (+50) K2Valor will become famous soon enough. (+50) K2Valor will become famous soon enough. (+50) K2Valor will become famous soon enough. (+50) K2Valor will become famous soon enough. (+50) K2Valor will become famous soon enough. (+50) K2Valor will become famous soon enough. (+50) K2Valor will become famous soon enough. (+50) K2Valor will become famous soon enough. (+50) K2Valor will become famous soon enough. (+50) K2Valor will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    You are underestimating your caloric intake probably.
    Properly measure everything and track your calories for a bit. It DOES make a huge difference.

Phiman252 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Phiman252 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Phiman252 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Phiman252 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Phiman252 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Phiman252 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Phiman252 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Phiman252 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Phiman252 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Phiman252 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Phiman252 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You are consuming much more then 900 calories. From what you wrote, it's probably closer to 2.5 times that. Weighing your food is by far your best option but that is not available to everyone. Personally, I use an Android application that allows me to track my intake to a reasonably degree.

Sengip has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by mpipes View Post
    a bagel with turkey and some peanut butter is easily 600 calories alone, so you're nowhere near the 700-900 mark with your other meals added.

First, I would start weighing food and counting calories to figure out how much you're actually eating, because trying to estimate how much you should eat without comparing to how much you actually eat and your results, is futile.

Then I would use more veggies to increase food volume without adding too many calories. This will help fill you up and make it seem like you're eating bigger meals. I tend to replace high carb sources with more veggies when I'm getting serious about a strict diet, as a means to get sizable calorie reductions.
    Perfectly said..
    While cutting I usually eat 1600 a day, which still isnt a lot of food.

Wake up - Sugar free red bull (10 calories)... I'm a college student :P
    Breakfast - 5 egg whites (85 calories)
    Snack - Protein meal bar (170 calories)
    Lunch - Turkey sandwich, Wheat bread, 1 piece of cheese, mustard, no mayo. (300 cal)
    -Pretty good amount of veggies, and sometimes 1 serving of chips. usually 170 cal for chips, and 200 total days i eat chips and veggies (Obviously can vary a good amount)
    Snack - protein bar (220 cal, my 2nd of the day are a different kind, bigger)

Dinner - ALL of that food combined is about 975, which leaves me 625 calories for dinner/post workout shake(which is about 120cals) So i usually eat what ever is made, just control my portion. For example I had 550 calorie dinner tonight, salmon and some healthy sides.

-GYM-
    Post workout - Shake(120 cal)

Regardless of how people judge this, I went from 270-280 to 180.. So it worked for me!

The main thing you have to remember is the saying "bend don't break" I've found a lot of people "break" when they cheat, like they eat taco bell for lunch, so they assume their whole day is ruined and they just binge, and end up feeling horrible. You're going to cheat, you're human, and burgers are good. Just allow yourself every now and then to eat it. I rewarded myself, every 15lbs I'd go out with my friends and eat as crappy as I could!

Hope this helps