Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    rcrown2 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rcrown2 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rcrown2 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rcrown2 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rcrown2 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rcrown2 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rcrown2 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rcrown2 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rcrown2 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rcrown2 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rcrown2 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Seeking Less Stress and Better Sleep with ErgoZzz

Im starting this log to track my use of the ErgoGenixs ErgoZzz sup sent to me by Tricia from the awesome ErgoGenixs team. Thank you, Tricia!

Ive had this sup for several weeks now, but havent been able to start using until now. Too much time at work and with life to be able to track consistently. Still busy, but hope to give updates as much as possible.

Right now, Im doing a 3 x week full body routine focused around the main barbell compound lifts. I have a ways to go as far as strength since I really need to work on my total cal intake and reduce my running. I know these things, but its the mental part thats hard to overcome. Plus, some days I just feel like going for a run to let off stress and whatnot.

Speaking of, the reason I am logging the ErgoZzz is to hopefully lower my stress and get better rest. I seem to constantly worry over the little things and stay up way too late while waking up early the next day. All of these factors are working against my goal to get stronger, so I hope that Ill be noting strength gains on this log too!

Current training looks something like the following, but can vary some days:

M Squat, Bench or OH Press, Bent Row, assistance for legs and another for upper
    T Easy run + sprints
    W Bench or OH Press (depending on what I did Mon), Power Clean, Dead Lift, assistance
    R Easy run or rest
    F Squat, Bench or OH Press, Bent Row, assistance
    Sat optional vanity stuff + sprints
    Sun Easy run or rest

Mondays my working sets are 5, 5, 5+ (like 5/3/1 routine)
    Wednesdays I do 5, 5, 5+ for the upper lift and just 5+ for DL; work up to singles on Power Clean
    Fridays I increase the weight used Mon and Wed and go for 5x5 on all lifts; this new weight is what I attempt for 5+ the next week

Current stats:

Male, 29, 510, 158lbs
    5 Rep Maxes:
    Squat (below parallel) 235lbs
    Bench 180 I know, weak
    OH Press 110  I know, even weaker
    Bent Row (touching ground each lift) 140
    DL 5x305

Ill be noting how my sleep and training is going while taking ErgoZzz every night. Other sups Im taking are a daily multi-vitamin, fish oil, and egg white or whey protein. Took first dose tonight; hope to start reporting good news soon! If you have any tips/advice, please share. Ive been lifting for a few years, but have a lot to learn as I dont have much to show.
    Eat real food, move more, lift heavy stuff, show gratitude, be happy.

MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Thanks for getting this up and running!

Looking forward to following along!
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=171086161&p=1435554041#post1435554041

rcrown2 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rcrown2 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rcrown2 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rcrown2 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rcrown2 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rcrown2 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rcrown2 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rcrown2 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rcrown2 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rcrown2 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rcrown2 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Well, after my first night of taking the ErgoZzz, I must say I can feel it already! I am usually sitting up too late just perusing forums and looking up random stuff, but last night this stuff helped me go to sleep earlier. It didn't just knock me out, but it was a nice, subtle feeling of being tired and ready for sleep.

And I certainly slept well! Straight through the night with no tossing around. Love it. No weights today, but plan on going for a short run and then mowing the lawn. FYI - I mow with a manual Reel mower (i.e. very old school) and wear a weight vest while doing so. I'll do sprints with it across the lawn and it's my own makeshift "Prowler" of sorts.

Anyway, I will try and update how I do after tonight's dose. Great product, Ergo Team, looking to see what other products I can/should add now!

COUNTRYMIKE has the mod powerz COUNTRYMIKE has the mod powerz COUNTRYMIKE has the mod powerz COUNTRYMIKE has the mod powerz COUNTRYMIKE has the mod powerz COUNTRYMIKE has the mod powerz COUNTRYMIKE has the mod powerz COUNTRYMIKE has the mod powerz COUNTRYMIKE has the mod powerz COUNTRYMIKE has the mod powerz COUNTRYMIKE has the mod powerz
    Looking tight so far, let us know if you need anything
    ~Cobra Kai Crew~

Originally Posted by COUNTRYMIKE View Post
    Will do, thank you, Countrymike!

Thumbs up

Ended up going for a little over 6 mile run in my new Vibram KMD sports and then push mowed with the reel mower and a 20lb vest. It's similar to what I've been doing the past few weeks, but I am pretty sure the extra rest from last night helped.

Excited to see how I feel on day two. Things just never seem to slow down at work, but I'll be lifting as soon as I can tomorrow evening!

velocityrob has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) velocityrob has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) velocityrob has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) velocityrob has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) velocityrob has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) velocityrob has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) velocityrob has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) velocityrob has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) velocityrob has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) velocityrob has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) velocityrob has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by rcrown2 View Post
    Ended up going for a little over 6 mile run in my new Vibram KMD sports and then push mowed with the reel mower and a 20lb vest. It's similar to what I've been doing the past few weeks, but I am pretty sure the extra rest from last night helped.

Excited to see how I feel on day two. Things just never seem to slow down at work, but I'll be lifting as soon as I can tomorrow evening!
    Amazing what a solid night of sleep can do for ya. In for this!
    "Evidently Mr. Ringo's an educated man. Now I really hate him."

PappaBear76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PappaBear76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PappaBear76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PappaBear76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PappaBear76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PappaBear76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PappaBear76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PappaBear76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PappaBear76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PappaBear76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PappaBear76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

In on the ErgoZleep thread

I think its about time I take some Ergozzz now.

Awesome.

That pretty much sums up how I felt when waking up today. It was another night of easing into a state of peaceful relaxation and then sleep. Love the calming effect I get from this just 30 min to an hour after taking.

I didn't have an issue with waking up too late this time since I had to be up earlier, but I still feel great. Ready to tackle the weights tonight!

I'm having to change my typical training due to work and all of that, so today was only lower body work, tomorrow will be upper.

Had a great session of below parallel back squats. Went through the full movement in a slow, controlled manner and it felt great (i.e. burned by quads and hams!). I'm surprised at how focused I was able to get after a long day. I only work in accounting, but I have a standing desk and am on my feet most of the day.

Deadlifts after the squats and these pretty much left me spent for the day. I did a few sets of high rep calf raises and a nice finisher of AMRAP 7 minutes of burpees.

Man, I work out in my garage and this Texas heat can really drain you fast. I had a sweat all over the place and my hands were slipping every time I went down for the next burpee. Regardless, I got 103 burpees and I'll take it.

Another great workout today and I can't help but think that getting quality sleep really plays a big role in this. I don't take any pre wo sups, and usually have my biggest meal after training, so I count a lot on the rest I get.

Getting late and I can feel the calmness slipping in. Until next time, go get some ErgoZzz and get some Zzzz's!

fatboystick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fatboystick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fatboystick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fatboystick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fatboystick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fatboystick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fatboystick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fatboystick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fatboystick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fatboystick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fatboystick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by COUNTRYMIKE View Post
    C'mon Mikey!...
    Get to know the guy before you start getting fresh w him

Looking good so far bud...
    Interested to see how it works out for ya. I use the ErgoZzz myself (along w ErgoBolic)... Very nice combo
    🌍 Talk is cheap, Actions are priceless 🌝

🏋️ TEAM NutraBio

Originally Posted by fatboystick View Post
    C'mon Mikey!...
    Get to know the guy before you start getting fresh w him

Looking good so far bud...
    Interested to see how it works out for ya. I use the ErgoZzz myself (along w ErgoBolic)... Very nice combo
    Thanks guys. I would be interested to see what it's like to add ErgoBolic in the mix. Would be great to have more to write about in this log. What's the best way to get some ErgoBolic to try?

Continued my great sessions this week with some upper body work along with a run and hill sprints. Since I'm nursing tendonitis in my left arm/shoulder, I kept things lighter with more reps. Not my preferred training route in my quest to gain strength, but still felt good.

Wore my Vibram KMD Sport's for a fair-paced run in the 100+ degree heat and finished with 10 x 80 meter hill sprints.

Energy levels kept high the whole time; love this extra sleep! Tomorrow I'll be at work from 7am to 10pm or later, so it'll be a rest day. I know my body could use it, but too bad I'll be stuck at work so long.

Anyway, mood has been better than usual this week which I can only associate with the better sleep I'm having. Just keep liking this ErgoZzz more and more each day!

PappaBear76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PappaBear76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PappaBear76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PappaBear76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PappaBear76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PappaBear76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PappaBear76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PappaBear76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PappaBear76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PappaBear76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PappaBear76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Checking in on ya man. Hows everything going?

Originally Posted by PappaBear76 View Post
    Checking in on ya man. Hows everything going?
    Hey man, doing great! It's been non-stop and work and home since last Thursday, but I'm staying sane with the ErgoZzz every night!

Had a 14 hour day on Friday at work, then spent the weekend getting the nursery ready for our baby. Of course I still made some time for lifting and love the extra energy I'm feeling after having better sleep lately.

Today's workout was a focus on strength with back squat (235 x 3, 5, 5, 8 + 3) a PR for me and dynamic effort flat bench @ 5 explosive reps every minute on the minute for 8 minutes

Finished with some accessory work and conditioning consisting of 5 Rnds of Hang Power Clean x 10, 20 situps, Push Press x 10, Reverse Lunges x 10/leg

Feeling great and know I've found a good thing with ErgoZzz. Really don't see myself stopping this supp anytime soon; I see no negative effects from it!

Hope to get some HIIT lawn mowing in tomorrow. 100+ degrees? Bring it!

Another night of good sleep and another day of more energy for my workouts. I haven't done a lot of dynamic effort lifting before, but I can really feel the dynamic bench from yesterday. Today hit 105 so I decided to wear myself out with a 6.5mi run and then mowed the lawn with our reel mower.

Have that feeling of satisfied exhaustion; love it. Already took my ErgoZzz and can feel it compounding my current state of tiredness. Bed is going to be awesome!

Back to the weights tomorrow for heavy Dead Lift and dynamic squats.

velocityrob has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) velocityrob has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) velocityrob has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) velocityrob has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) velocityrob has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) velocityrob has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) velocityrob has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) velocityrob has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) velocityrob has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) velocityrob has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) velocityrob has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    You're killing it, brother! Keep doing good work.
    "Evidently Mr. Ringo's an educated man. Now I really hate him."

Originally Posted by velocityrob View Post
    You're killing it, brother! Keep doing good work.
    Thanks! I love how I can keep motivation to get at it even on the crappiest of days so far! After reading some other supp reviews/logs, I feel like I would benefit from adding in another Ergogenix product. Would any of you knowledgeable Ergo Reps have any advice on what would be good?

I'd love to get my hands on something else to take pre or post work out.

Thanks! I love how I can keep motivation to get at it even on the crappiest of days so far! After reading some other supp reviews/logs, I feel like I would benefit from adding in another Ergogenix product. Would any of you knowledgeable Ergo Reps have any advice on what would be good?

I'd love to get my hands on something else to take pre or post work out.
    As far as an over all ErgoAwesome ErgoMotivational Stack, I strongly recommend that you supp with Ergotest and ErgoBolic. Based on your posts with ErgoZzz, you would be in the wonderful world of ErgoLand when you sleep taking these supplements ~srs~. When you are awake, you are in such a confident beast mode mindset that you have to experience it first hand to understand it. As far as Pre workouts go, I now take ErgoPump for the stim free get up and go it gives me without the tingles/itch or crazy heart rate. I bought the buy one get one myself the last time that promo was ran. I also took advantage of MuscleTechs Anabolic Halo buy one get one for my post workout drink.

MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Always amazing what some decent sleep does!

Great job!
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=171086161&p=1435554041#post1435554041

Just woke up not too long ago and felt like posting how great I feel. It's amazing since I slept mostly on our love couch with my legs hanging off the side. Just got to a point where all I wanted to do was sleep and didn't move to bed.

Ready to forge through work and come home to "work" with the barbell!

Just woke up not too long ago and felt like posting how great I feel. It's amazing since I slept mostly on our love couch with my legs hanging off the side. Just got to a point where all I wanted to do was sleep and didn't move to bed.

Ready to forge through work and come home to "work" with the barbell!
    Love to hear that!

Have you made any other changes (other than the ErgoZzz) that you feel may be contributing to the good sleep, or do you think it is just the product?

Originally Posted by MuscleMom View Post
    Love to hear that!

Have you made any other changes (other than the ErgoZzz) that you feel may be contributing to the good sleep, or do you think it is just the product?
    Nope, nothing else has changed otherwise. Unless you count sleeping more on the couch just b/c I want to go to sleep after letting ErgoZzz set in. But that's a good thing to me; just love the relaxed feeling it creates. I've tried other ZMA products in the past, but never felt anything from them, so I'm pretty sure I'll stick with Ergo from here on out.

Today's session was another strong one! Started with power clean, moved into convential dead lift and PR'd with 315 x 6 (hey, that's a lot for me), then OH Press, and finally Pause Box Squats (every minute on the minute for 8 minutes) - 5 x 130lbs; exploding up.

Besides needing to do the box squats earlier in my workout, I felt great and really enjoyed the sweat session in my garage.

No lifting tomorrow, but time permitting, I'll shoot for a run and/or hill sprints.

Holy DOMS, I feel yesterday's workout all over! I love the feeling of putting in hard work! Another good sleep and another day with a great mood. Ready to get through work and enjoy the summer heat today!

I've never looked forward to taking pills before starting ErgoZzz, I just can't say enough about it! Had a pretty crappy day at work b/c my current boss is making me stay in my current position until October. I've already been hired on to another area for the same company and would like to start training there before taking time off for when my wife and I have our first baby in November.

Anyway, even that crap news didn't get me down like it usually would and I just went for a relieving long run after work. Spent a little over an hour just soaking up the sun and letting it all out. Pretty sure I wouldn't have the energy/motivation to go out and do this most days, but I will attribute the good sleep I've been getting to my ability to perform there. I know running doesn't support my goal for gaining strength, but I feel it's worth it for the mental relief. Plus, nothing a good meal or two can't help!

Anyone looking to improve mood, get a consistent good night's sleep, and see better energy levels when working out, try ErgoZzz and never look back!

From Ergogenix.com...
    Promotes a stress-free lifestyle and lower cortisol levels

Optimizes exercise performance

Maintains proper immune function

Provides deeper and more restful sleep, leading to improved recovery

I can attest to feeling all of these bullet points. Thanks again, Ergo Team!
    Last edited by rcrown2; 08-08-2013 at 09:23 PM.

ktothewire is a name known to all. (+5000) ktothewire is a name known to all. (+5000) ktothewire is a name known to all. (+5000) ktothewire is a name known to all. (+5000) ktothewire is a name known to all. (+5000) ktothewire is a name known to all. (+5000) ktothewire is a name known to all. (+5000) ktothewire is a name known to all. (+5000) ktothewire is a name known to all. (+5000) ktothewire is a name known to all. (+5000) ktothewire is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Great log man, Really good to see another satisfied person that is loving their Zzz!
    USMC.
    "If theres no enemy within, the enemy outside can do us no harm."

Originally Posted by ktothewire View Post
    Great log man, Really good to see another satisfied person that is loving their Zzz!
    Thanks man, it's great to use a great product from a reputable company like Ergogenix. Now I know where to go to when wanting to add another great supp like the ErgoBolic or Test!

Jared.P has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jared.P has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jared.P has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jared.P has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jared.P has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jared.P has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jared.P has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jared.P has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jared.P has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jared.P has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jared.P has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by ktothewire View Post
    agreed with this! keep it up man, really glad to see you're getting great results from this
    AppNut Transformation Contest Log!
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=160101031

transformation journal:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=154324161

"You want to quit? Great. Quit when you're done. It's what separates the successful from the unsuccessful. You ether want it or you don't. You either reach your goals or you set new ones that fit your excuses." - Savageous

Thanks for the great feedback RC! Can't wait to see what the ErgoBolic will do for you!

Originally Posted by MuscleMom View Post
    Thanks for the great feedback RC! Can't wait to see what the ErgoBolic will do for you!
    Right back at ya with the thanks! About to go sweat it out in my garage. Just the barbell, rack, and me....perfect end to a Friday. Can't wait to add the ErgoBolic to the mix!