krisdimi will become famous soon enough. (+50) krisdimi will become famous soon enough. (+50) krisdimi will become famous soon enough. (+50) krisdimi will become famous soon enough. (+50) krisdimi will become famous soon enough. (+50) krisdimi will become famous soon enough. (+50) krisdimi will become famous soon enough. (+50) krisdimi will become famous soon enough. (+50) krisdimi will become famous soon enough. (+50) krisdimi will become famous soon enough. (+50) krisdimi will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Protein before workout?

Hey y'all!

I was just wondering what's the most popular opinion, maybe based on studies, as to whether protein BEFORE a workout is essential or otherwise. Sometimes I find that training first thing in the morning on an empty stomach at around 8am (after a 12 hour fast) is more convenient for my work schedule. But an acquaintance from my gym told me that not having any protein before weight-training will always lead to muscle loss in the long run.

Can you please give me any input on the above?

Gracias!

Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Absolutely not necessary to have protein before your workout. You won't lose any muscle. Just have some protein some time after your workout.

Try to have sufficient protein (>25 gram) at least 3 times per day, spread over the day.

faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    ^^^

not necessary, especially if it's more convenient for you like that

AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I worked out this morning with only some creatine + a greens drink in my system due to a last minute work meeting.

Got a full breakfast in about an hour and half later... no worries.

Sometimes time doesn't allow for perfection, but you have plenty of time for protein later on.
    "When I die, I hope it's early in the morning so I don't have to go to work that day for no reason"

paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by AdamWW View Post
    I worked out this morning with only some creatine
    Same here. Wake up, take some creatine with coffee then workout. I start cooking my breakfast during the last few sets.