AERT is on a distinguished road. (+10) AERT is on a distinguished road. (+10) AERT is on a distinguished road. (+10) AERT is on a distinguished road. (+10) AERT is on a distinguished road. (+10) AERT is on a distinguished road. (+10) AERT is on a distinguished road. (+10) AERT is on a distinguished road. (+10) AERT is on a distinguished road. (+10) AERT is on a distinguished road. (+10) AERT is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Rate my macro/calorie intake question.

Hello there, I just started weightlifting about <1 month ago.

3351 calories and 72 f/432 c/242 p. [19%/51/30]

The questions I have is this:
    a) Do you think this is too much calories for me? I am 5' 11'' and 160 pounds currently. Previously I was on nearly a 3.8k-4k bulk and gained quite a bit of fat as you can see in my pics. I didn't really know about proper nutrition at the time.
    b) Are the macros in the right range?

My apologies if this is the wrong place to post this.

MrRakaJohn will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrRakaJohn will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrRakaJohn will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrRakaJohn will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrRakaJohn will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrRakaJohn will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrRakaJohn will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrRakaJohn will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrRakaJohn will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrRakaJohn will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrRakaJohn will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    A good way to find your maintenance level is take your weight and X that by 15 (2400) and add 300-500 calories. Weight yourself every week and make sure you gain 1 - 2 lbs, if you gain more subtract from 2700-2900 and and if you don't gain enough add more and so on. As your diet stands right now your more then likely consuming to many cals and your protein does not need to be that high, aim for 1 - 1.2 gr per lbs of body weight. As for fats take your weight and X by 0.4 and that should be the range of fats you consume daily. Hope this helps, if not read the stickies...best of luck brah!

AERT is on a distinguished road. (+10) AERT is on a distinguished road. (+10) AERT is on a distinguished road. (+10) AERT is on a distinguished road. (+10) AERT is on a distinguished road. (+10) AERT is on a distinguished road. (+10) AERT is on a distinguished road. (+10) AERT is on a distinguished road. (+10) AERT is on a distinguished road. (+10) AERT is on a distinguished road. (+10) AERT is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Thanks! This is what I figured.. I guess I just love eating =/ Today, I only ate 2950 calories so I will maintain this for a week and see how many pounds I gain and then adjust accordingly.
    Originally Posted by MrRakaJohn View Post
    A good way to find your maintenance level is take your weight and X that by 15 (2400) and add 300-500 calories. Weight yourself every week and make sure you gain 1 - 2 lbs, if you gain more subtract from 2700-2900 and and if you don't gain enough add more and so on. As your diet stands right now your more then likely consuming to many cals and your protein does not need to be that high, aim for 1 - 1.2 gr per lbs of body weight. As for fats take your weight and X by 0.4 and that should be the range of fats you consume daily. Hope this helps, if not read the stickies...best of luck brah!

andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    have you read the sticky on calculating cals and macro's?

dannyrice is on a distinguished road. (+10) dannyrice is on a distinguished road. (+10) dannyrice is on a distinguished road. (+10) dannyrice is on a distinguished road. (+10) dannyrice is on a distinguished road. (+10) dannyrice is on a distinguished road. (+10) dannyrice is on a distinguished road. (+10) dannyrice is on a distinguished road. (+10) dannyrice is on a distinguished road. (+10) dannyrice is on a distinguished road. (+10) dannyrice is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Well protein requirements can be found more accurately if you know your BF% leading to your Lean Body Mass, which people will recommend 1g-1.5g of protein to LBM.

So at 160lb. with quite a bit of fat you say...I would think 242P is a too high, but just track your progress the same time at he end of every week, and adjust accordingly.
    [IIFYM]

"Shockingly, you don't gain or lose weight based on the names of the foods you eat." - WonderPug

Current Goals: Long-term Bulking (Started 9/4/11 at 148 lb., ~10% BF)

Stats:
    6'1", 156 lb., don't know BF since bulking but only a little gain

Current Macro's:
    200P, 420C, 80F = 3,200 Calories
    Total Calories: 3,600

No Pain No Gain
    Seize The Day
    A Pop Tart A Day Keeps The Doctor Away

Will Rep Back

Originally Posted by andrerox80 View Post
    have you read the sticky on calculating cals and macro's?
    Yes, I've read it multiple times.
    I got 2756 to maintain on Harris-Benedict, 2745 on Mifflin-St Jeor, and 3376 on Katch-McArdle. I took the average and got ~2950. So that means I need to consume 3500 calories, correct?

@dannyrice: Yup my BF % is 13-14 the last time I got it checked (about 2 months ago so maybe not accurate?). And I have reduced my protein intake to 200.