Infinity89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Infinity89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Infinity89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

May 1st 2012 [5ft. 7in. - 197lbs. - 22yr. old] - Weight Loss Log

Hi All,

About 1.5 years ago I used to way 240lbs. I looked like this: "start.jpg"

I finally committed to making a change, and I had some short term success. A few months later I found myself all the way down to 180lbs. I got content, stopped eating right and stopped working out. Over the past year or so I have gained about 20lbs. back where I currently stand at 197lbs. As I have struggled with weight my entire life I finally want to put an end to being fat. I hate looking at myself in the mirror. So here I go again, hopefully with the help and backing of this community.

Each day I will be posting a food and workout log. In addition, every week I will be posting an updated weight, and every month updated pictures. To keep myself motivated I will be posting pictures of everything I eat so I can get help and suggestions.

Please feel free to follow along and help myself in my journey to be happy with what I see in the mirror.

Posted below are three other pictures of what I look like right now. "5.1 Side/Back/Front"
    Attached Images

Infinity89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Infinity89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Infinity89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Workout 5/1:

20min of HIIT on elliptical. I plan on starting out a bit slow and working into things over the next couple of weeks.

Food:

Breakfast - 2 egg scramble with leftover chicken and rice from last night, 1 piece whole wheat toast w/ sugar free jam.
    Lunch - Steak stir fry w/ vegetables (peppers, onions, broccoli, snap peas, sweet corn, carrots)
    Snack - 1 String cheese, carrots and hummus (Around 7:30)
    Dinner - Chicken Salad (Around 9:30)
    Attached Images

Here are some pictures of dinner last night and breakfast this morning. I am about to head to the gym within the hour to get a workout in before I have to go to work.

Dinner: Chicken Salad w/red and orange peppers, cucumber, snap peas, 2 TBSP asian style dressing
    Breakfast: 2 slices whole wheat toast, 1 egg, 1 slice cheese, 3 slices of turkey
    Attached Images

HitTheFloor is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HitTheFloor is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HitTheFloor is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HitTheFloor is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HitTheFloor is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HitTheFloor is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HitTheFloor is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HitTheFloor is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HitTheFloor is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HitTheFloor is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HitTheFloor is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Good luck with it man. I'm starting my cut this week.

HitTheFloor - Thanks for the support and work hard yourself!

Yesterday for lunch I ate: 1 whole wheat pita, grilled chicken, lettuce, humus, mustard
    Dinner: 1 grilled chicken taco: corn tortilla, chicken, lettuce, onion, cilantro, and then 1 pork taco (same ingredients), chicken and cilantro pot stickers
    Snack: Snap peas and humus

Gym:

I did a shoulder workout [ 4 exercises, 3x12 on each] - Front Raises, Overhead Press, Lateral Raises, Shrugs
    15 min of HIIT on the elliptical.
    Attached Images

Another day down. I used yesterday as a rest day from the gym. I will be back in there today within the hour.

Nutrition:

Breakfast: 2 eggs, onions, red peppers, 2 slices turkey, 1 slice wheat toast w/cream cheese
    Lunch: Apple Almond Stuffed Pork Chop, 1/2 red potato
    Dinner: Leftover steak and vegetable stir fry from a few days ago.
    Snack: 1 string cheese, crackers and humus

Now last night was a friends 21st birthday so we took a limo around the city and hit a couple of different bars. I had 4-5 shots and a beer, so that kind of put a damper on the day regarding nutrition. Going to go extra hard in the gym the next few days to make up for it.
    Attached Images

Sorry I missed a couple of day here. The other day I did an arm workout biceps and triceps. After that I did another 15 min of HIIT. My diet hasn't bee the best the last couple of days with my roommates 21st birthday and Cinco de Mayo. Right now I am about to go to the gym and work on legs. Today for breakfast I had a bowl of banana nut cereal. For lunch I had 1/2 a pastrami sandwich. Dinner tonight after the gym will be almond crusted baked salmon with a side of asparagus. My one week way in day is tomorrow morning, hoping for the best!

Spartacus1988 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Spartacus1988 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Spartacus1988 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Spartacus1988 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Spartacus1988 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Spartacus1988 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Spartacus1988 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Spartacus1988 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Spartacus1988 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Spartacus1988 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Spartacus1988 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I guess you meant "weigh in", DW you will be allright
    I am starting a cut as well for the next 6 weeks so dont worry lot of people will motivate you here. Myself included.

Whats your routine like bro? : make sure you have a solid routine (compound movements)
    Calories and stats ?

Week 1 Weigh In:

Starting Weight = 197 [5/1]
    Week 1 194.8 lbs [5/8]
    Total Loss: 2.2 lbs

Spartacus1988 - Thank for the support. As far as my routine I am trying to get on a 5 day split routine: Legs, Chest, Back, Rest, Shoulders, Arms, Rest w/ HIIT mixed in atleast 3 times a week for 15-20min.

As far as calories, I need to start counting exactly how many I am taking in a day. What do you mean by stats? (Protein/carb/fat ratio?)

hottiewitabody has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hottiewitabody has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hottiewitabody has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hottiewitabody has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hottiewitabody has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hottiewitabody has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    good luck keep up the hard work

hottiewitabody - Thank you, all of the support keeps me motivated.

So yesterday I did a pretty good chest workout, really feeling sore there today. I went back to the gym today and did a 30min run/walk. Tomorrow I plan on giving the legs a rest and doing my back workout.

As far as nutrition, yesterday I kind of binged and ate a nice size portion of a huge ms. fields birthday cookie. Today I did much better eating:

Breakfast: 1 bowl of banana nut cereal
    Lunch 1: 2 egg scramble with turkey and side of chicken and veggie won tons
    Lunch 2: Turkey sandwich on whole wheat bagel
    Dinner: 2 egg scramble with brown rice and cheese
    Snack: 1 banana and serving of whole wheat pita chips

Spartacus1988 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Spartacus1988 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Spartacus1988 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Spartacus1988 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Spartacus1988 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Spartacus1988 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Spartacus1988 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Spartacus1988 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Spartacus1988 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Spartacus1988 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Spartacus1988 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by Infinity89 View Post
    Week 1 Weigh In:

Week 1 194.8 lbs [5/8]
    Total Loss: 2.2 lbs

Spartacus1988 - Thank for the support. As far as my routine I am trying to get on a 5 day split routine: Legs, Chest, Back, Rest, Shoulders, Arms, Rest w/ HIIT mixed in atleast 3 times a week for 15-20min.

As far as calories, I need to start counting exactly how many I am taking in a day. What do you mean by stats? (Protein/carb/fat ratio?)
    I just wanted to know in terms of body fat percentage and height,

Trust me Counting calories is bit of a pain in the ass but you will get better results as you know what you are putting into your body, Cos its not about being satisfied and full , more of being meeting your calorie needs,

Originally Posted by Spartacus1988 View Post
    I just wanted to know in terms of body fat percentage and height,

Trust me Counting calories is bit of a pain in the ass but you will get better results as you know what you are putting into your body, Cos its not about being satisfied and full , more of being meeting your calorie needs,
    I am 5ft. 7in. I don't know my body fat percentage, but if I was to guess it would be between 25%-30%.

Today's nutrition:
    Breakfast: bowl of banana nut cereal
    Lunch: shredded potatoes, chili, and topped w/ 2 eggs.

My next meal will be some grilled chicken and stir fry veggies.
    I am about to go to the gym and work on back exercises and then finish up with about 20 min of HIIT.

Sorry I haven't posted the last couple of days, I have worked like 14 hour days the last few days. My nutrition the last couple of days this week has not been ideal. I really need to have better self control of what I eat. That definitely has been the hardest part so far.

Week 2 Weigh In:

Week 1 194.8 lbs [5/8]
    Week 2 193.8 lbs [5/15]
    Week Loss: 1.0 lbs
    -----------------------
    Total Loss: 3.2 lbs

Yesterday I did a shoulder workout and then 25 min of cardio.
    Today I will be doing arms and another 25 min of cardio.

Today's Breakfast: 2 Hard boiled eggs, 1 bowl of banana nut cereal, 1/2 glass of orange juice