JolietKev is a name known to all. (+5000) JolietKev is a name known to all. (+5000) JolietKev is a name known to all. (+5000) JolietKev is a name known to all. (+5000) JolietKev is a name known to all. (+5000) JolietKev is a name known to all. (+5000) JolietKev is a name known to all. (+5000) JolietKev is a name known to all. (+5000) JolietKev is a name known to all. (+5000) JolietKev is a name known to all. (+5000) JolietKev is a name known to all. (+5000)

Construction workers and such?

I have known quite a few laborers who did not lift weights yet did manual labor on a daily basis. Many of them were very muscular, although, not as defined. Why is it that these people are able to go to work every day and are still able to build muscle and strength? They do not take a day off in between their work"outs". I know getting adequate rest is important, however there has to be somethig I am missing here. I guess I want a reason to workout every day if I want, I have been strictly following an every other day full body routine. Once a month I do two workouts consecutively.
    "Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? Yet not one of them falls to the ground outside of the Lord's will. So do not be afraid, or worry, for you are worth much more than many sparrows."

"Seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and the rest shall be given to you as well."

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    The SAID Principle, which basically states that the body becomes it's function.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    My oldest brother never lifted a weight in his life as far as I know. He always looked like a bodybuilder. LOL Lots of lifting hay and sweat breaking labor. He's still as strong as an ox at 58, although a bit overweight.
    paolo59

"If you're going through hell, keep going!" Winston Churchill

Old Man Yelling at Cloud -=FLEX=-'s Avatar
    -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I did a lot of lifting (manual labor) when I was younger. Worked in a warehouse until I was 27 or so before I finally got myself to University, and no one that lifted boxes for a living like I did looked anything like a bodybuilder. They looked like every other Joe. Skinny or fat and out of shape.

We lifted boxes from 7am - 3pm day in day out. Guys might have had some strength I dunno, but none of them looked like I did. I got my size from going to the gym every day AFTER doing all that lifting at work. And I can tell you that's where I attribute my chronic shoulder pain from; all the lifting and twisting and tugging and crap 8 hours a day for 5 days a week for 8 years. Not fun. And not a good way to build muscle, IMHO.

-=FLEX=-
    Insta: flexjs

Perseverance, Inc.

Spring Supremacy 2018 - 620/345/615 @ 50 yrs old

RIP Gene Rychlak

Black Sunday is just really nice. (+1000) Black Sunday is just really nice. (+1000) Black Sunday is just really nice. (+1000) Black Sunday is just really nice. (+1000) Black Sunday is just really nice. (+1000) Black Sunday is just really nice. (+1000) Black Sunday is just really nice. (+1000) Black Sunday is just really nice. (+1000) Black Sunday is just really nice. (+1000) Black Sunday is just really nice. (+1000) Black Sunday is just really nice. (+1000)
    maybe these articles explain it. I have tried the ladders in my workouts. Done the greasing the groove on a daily basis five days a week while recuperating from hip and knee surgery. It flat out works. I was going for numbers rather than all out strength.

As Bass states it's really tough to work in to a bodybuilding routine and it's tough if you work, trying to find time to fit it in.

I play around with the pullups, doing ten sets in an hour three times a week now. May be going too high on the reps, I'll give it another week or so and see how the body adapts.

Like flex says it's murder on the body, I've been in the trades for years and I'd bet my knee and hip problems are all work related.

Read these. You can try them and see what happens for yourself.

http://cbass.com/Synaptic.htm

http://www.cbass.com/Pavel'sLadders.htm

http://trainingdimensions.net/SOS/SO...20Strength.pdf
    Handle every situation like a dog ....
    If you can't Eat it or Screw it ,
    Piss on it and Walk Away.

JolietKev is a name known to all. (+5000) JolietKev is a name known to all. (+5000) JolietKev is a name known to all. (+5000) JolietKev is a name known to all. (+5000) JolietKev is a name known to all. (+5000) JolietKev is a name known to all. (+5000) JolietKev is a name known to all. (+5000) JolietKev is a name known to all. (+5000) JolietKev is a name known to all. (+5000) JolietKev is a name known to all. (+5000) JolietKev is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Black Sunday View Post
    maybe these articles explain it. I have tried the ladders in my workouts. Done the greasing the groove on a daily basis five days a week while recuperating from hip and knee surgery. It flat out works. I was going for numbers rather than all out strength.

As Bass states it's really tough to work in to a bodybuilding routine and it's tough if you work, trying to find time to fit it in.

I play around with the pullups, doing ten sets in an hour three times a week now. May be going too high on the reps, I'll give it another week or so and see how the body adapts.

Like flex says it's murder on the body, I've been in the trades for years and I'd bet my knee and hip problems are all work related.

Read these. You can try them and see what happens for yourself.

http://cbass.com/Synaptic.htm

http://www.cbass.com/Pavel'sLadders.htm

http://trainingdimensions.net/SOS/SO...20Strength.pdf
    Thanks.
    "Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? Yet not one of them falls to the ground outside of the Lord's will. So do not be afraid, or worry, for you are worth much more than many sparrows."

"Seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and the rest shall be given to you as well."

chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I dunno
    If you. Look at gymnasts who train for a specific function, they train the same muscle groups daily with few breaks. The will develop impressive upper bodies, especially around the delts. Of course they are training for function and not aeshtetics.

tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    i think working out every day is ok but not optimal

husband, father, trainer KyleAaron's Avatar
    KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000)
    There are two issues here: progression, and underestimation of capacity.

In general, labourers are not doing maximum efforts in every work day. When we do a workout, if we want any results then in every session we do more, more and more. More weight, or more reps, or more sets. If I lift 100lbs 2x10 today, I will lift 105lbs 2x10, or 100lbs 2x11, or 100lbs 3x10, next time.

Whereas labourers and tradespeople do pretty much the same thing every day. If they move 1,000 2lb bricks today, they'll move 1,000 2lb bricks tomorrow. If they tried to lift 1,100 2lb bricks, or 1,000 3lb bricks, well then they'd be a lot more stressed and might need days off.

As well, the body's capacity for work is greater than is commonly supposed by most people. Your workouts can be intense and frequent, so long as your nutrition and sleep are good.

Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I would say two things about this:

1) It isn't an all-or-none thing. Just because working out every day isn't optimal doesn't mean you won't grow at all. It just means you won't grow as well as if you'd planned your workouts and rest in a way targeted toward optimal growth.

2) Even if you are working hard manual labor, I suspect that most of the time, you aren't doing repeated physical actions that mimic training to failure (or near failure) for multiple sets every day. Sure, these jobs require lots of physical effort because you are doing them for 8 hours a day, but my guess is that most of the time, the work requires sub-maximal effort stretched out for several hours (not like reaching failure for several sets). I've had jobs where I had to haul 50-100 lb boxes of stuff all day long, but it wasn't the same as squatting to near failure, or doing a maximal deadlift. If I had to squat to failure every day for 8 hours, I'd be a cripple by the end of the week.

dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I'm going with the broken clock theory; Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Meaning....this is what makes it damn near ridiculous for those who would swear by say, one particular method that helped them "become all that", and those who would blindly follow them into the sea.

Once again, the variables are staggering.....and always underestimated around here.
    "If a kid asks where rain comes from, I think a cute thing to tell him is "God is crying." And if he asks why God is crying, another cute thing to tell him is "Probably because of something you did."

paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I think this is proof positive that some individuals just have the "genes" to pack on lots of qualified muscle, regardless of how they go about it. That is not to say in the least that the rest of us can't make some incredible gains and beat and lift the body into a decent response! LMAO
    paolo59

"If you're going through hell, keep going!" Winston Churchill

Threadweaver- Psyche Hero hochspeyer's Avatar
    hochspeyer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hochspeyer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hochspeyer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hochspeyer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hochspeyer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hochspeyer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hochspeyer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hochspeyer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hochspeyer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hochspeyer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hochspeyer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    When I was in the Air Force (in a Civil Engineering squadron), I did a good deal of manual labor. I did not have a great deal of definition, but I was in better overall shape as I am now. However, I think I'm stronger now, as I am actively training my whole body. Back then, my strength was more concentrated in my arms and shoulders.

janzbot71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) janzbot71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) janzbot71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) janzbot71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) janzbot71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) janzbot71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) janzbot71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) janzbot71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) janzbot71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) janzbot71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) janzbot71 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Until my early thirties I had always had manual labor jobs. I drove a truck and delivered furniture, worked in warehouses and unloaded trailers full of boxes, unloaded furniture, put stuff away in the racks, and pulled stuff for customer orders. I've also built fences and dug ditches for a general contractor, I've done house painting, worked as a groundskeeper, worked at a brewery handling kegs -- and I've just generally done a lot of work that involves using my muscles.

In my experience, virtually all of the long-term employees who worked in the warehouse and on the trucks delivering furniture were slim guys -- most were kinda skinny like myself. "Wirey" is what I would call it. The guys who were bigger WERE bigger and stronger, but they could usually not work as fast or for as long. With moving heavy stuff, there are a lot of techniques to use so that you SAVE yourself from doing a lot of work --and when you're doing it all day that becomes the point.

As far as your specific question regarding construction workers, I know that many of the construction guys I knew who were beefier had backgrounds in football, wrestling, etc. -- so maybe they already had that body type (or had built it up) to begin with?

One last point: During the years I delivered furniture, we did have a couple big, muscular guys become contractors and try to do the job. Without exception, all of them began losing size and tone within a short amount of time. Maybe it was from the long hours without much access to good food, lots of repetitive semi-aerobic activity... Not sure, exactly. But I do remember a few of them and not one of them lasted.

beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I did lots of manual labor as a teen doing concrete work, later on doing heavy car and truck repair and ultimately machine shop work, always lots of heavy things to lift there. I still do machine shop work on the side (the $$ is great) and I got some workout last night moving material around and stacking raw stock on pallets. Some lathe parts start out as 60 lb blanks of hot rolled steel.

As a result, my legs have always been strong, my forearm size and grip is great. Not so great at times for my lower back, but I gotta keep moving.

BG
    In space, nobody can smell Uranus....

Cast down,but not destroy bird72's Avatar
    bird72 is a name known to all. (+5000) bird72 is a name known to all. (+5000) bird72 is a name known to all. (+5000) bird72 is a name known to all. (+5000) bird72 is a name known to all. (+5000) bird72 is a name known to all. (+5000) bird72 is a name known to all. (+5000) bird72 is a name known to all. (+5000) bird72 is a name known to all. (+5000) bird72 is a name known to all. (+5000) bird72 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Construction workers do compound "exercises" the most anabolic exercise you can do. They do "deadlift" and "squats" every day.... to much variables to know, genetics, compound movements, eating habits, hours of working,............and beer
    My first language is not English.

"Every being which begins has a cause for its beginning; now the world is a being which begins; therefore, it possesses a cause for its beginning"

!Try Christ, if doesn't function, we return your sins!

KLR650 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KLR650 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KLR650 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KLR650 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KLR650 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KLR650 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KLR650 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KLR650 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KLR650 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KLR650 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KLR650 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by -=FLEX=- View Post
    I did a lot of lifting (manual labor) when I was younger. Worked in a warehouse until I was 27 or so before I finally got myself to University, and no one that lifted boxes for a living like I did looked anything like a bodybuilder. They looked like every other Joe. Skinny or fat and out of shape.

We lifted boxes from 7am - 3pm day in day out. Guys might have had some strength I dunno, but none of them looked like I did. I got my size from going to the gym every day AFTER doing all that lifting at work. And I can tell you that's where I attribute my chronic shoulder pain from; all the lifting and twisting and tugging and crap 8 hours a day for 5 days a week for 8 years. Not fun. And not a good way to build muscle, IMHO.

-=FLEX=-

I'm with you on this. I worked on the shipping docks when I was in high school, getting a second job after graduation moving hand lines on a farm (irrigation pipe). Nobody I knew in either location was 'cut', just normal looking. I was definitely lean and strong, but you have to be strong to work on a shipping dock and I was barely making enough to eat 2 meals a day so putting on weight was out of the question.

Registered User partagasreserva's Avatar
    partagasreserva has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile

Its the person. The way thet are made up.

IR45N is just really nice. (+1000) IR45N is just really nice. (+1000) IR45N is just really nice. (+1000) IR45N is just really nice. (+1000) IR45N is just really nice. (+1000) IR45N is just really nice. (+1000) IR45N is just really nice. (+1000) IR45N is just really nice. (+1000) IR45N is just really nice. (+1000) IR45N is just really nice. (+1000) IR45N is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by JolietKev View Post
    I have known quite a few laborers who did not lift weights yet did manual labor on a daily basis. Many of them were very muscular, although, not as defined. Why is it that these people are able to go to work every day and are still able to build muscle and strength? They do not take a day off in between their work"outs". I know getting adequate rest is important, however there has to be somethig I am missing here. I guess I want a reason to workout every day if I want,
    Your usual weights session isn't going to mimic daily manual labor that much. Much of that is going to involve picking up and carrying something; often at shoulder height. Strongman events are more construction/labor related when you think about it; atlas stones, farmers walks, the ? fingers flips. Even a lot of manual labor involves holding something heavy in place for a period of time; static holds.

At the very least, if you're training at home, get a big tire and a sledge hammer & have at it. You might find it effective & also kill the desire to workout EVERY day.

toffeemikey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by IR45N View Post
    Your usual weights session isn't going to mimic daily manual labor that much. Much of that is going to involve picking up and carrying something; often at shoulder height. Strongman events are more construction/labor related when you think about it; atlas stones, farmers walks, the ? fingers flips. Even a lot of manual labor involves holding something heavy in place for a period of time; static holds.

At the very least, if you're training at home, get a big tire and a sledge hammer & have at it. You might find it effective & also kill the desire to workout EVERY day.
    I agree construction/labor is more like strongman events you do also take as much rest as you need before you do your next lift but is more taxing than you think and your more prone to injury because nothing is just straight forward on site I work as blocklayer/plasterer and going for a work out after work is just to much have to go before then everything is warmed up and ready for work or to tried and need a day off usually both. ps every builder carries bad back knees elbows or some injury or other

thor93 is just really nice. (+1000) thor93 is just really nice. (+1000) thor93 is just really nice. (+1000) thor93 is just really nice. (+1000) thor93 is just really nice. (+1000) thor93 is just really nice. (+1000) thor93 is just really nice. (+1000) thor93 is just really nice. (+1000) thor93 is just really nice. (+1000) thor93 is just really nice. (+1000) thor93 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by -=FLEX=- View Post

-=FLEX=-

Work really can be the devil.I relate with this post.I remember when i was 18-21 yrs old and how cut i was(especially the arms) but had sort of a belly and always remained 150 lbs until i joined the gym in jan of 1992 at the age of 21-2/3rds.I was 158 lbs after just 2 months and that was without doing any leg workouts.The belly was all gone so i basically lost around 5 lbs of flab in the midsection,so instead of saying i gained 8 lbs of muscle,you could technically say that i gained 13 lbs of muscle and lost 5 lbs of fat from only working out upper body in the gym 5 days a week for 2 months.No wonder people thought i gained 15-20 lbs after those first 2 months in the gym.Losing fat and gaining the muscle had that type of dramatic visual effect.
    *Addicted to swimming during the summer crew.*
    *Despisement of 2nd hand smoke crew.*
    *Bring back the Commodore 64 crew.*
    *Create a new electric car/vehicle thats under 5 grand crew !*
    *I work very hard for very little pay crew. : ( *
    *I am just "Not Of" this stupid selfish world crew.*
    *I feel annoyed and disgusted of people pre-occupied with they're smart-phones crew. : / *
    *I grew up an Ultra Late Bloomer crew.*

jpnvz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jpnvz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jpnvz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jpnvz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jpnvz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jpnvz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jpnvz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jpnvz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jpnvz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jpnvz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jpnvz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by JolietKev View Post
    I have known quite a few laborers who did not lift weights yet did manual labor on a daily basis. Many of them were very muscular, although, not as defined. Why is it that these people are able to go to work every day and are still able to build muscle and strength? They do not take a day off in between their work"outs". I know getting adequate rest is important, however there has to be somethig I am missing here. I guess I want a reason to workout every day if I want, I have been strictly following an every other day full body routine. Once a month I do two workouts consecutively.
    how about start looking at women and not givin a **** about construction workers?

Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz
    Heres a construction worker workout for you.

Go over to the dumbbell rack start around 50 or 60 pounds and take one or a piar of that wieght off the rack and set it on the floor, work the rack all the way down to the one pounders just taking dumbbells and setting them on the floor. Then put them all back in thae rack and repeat. Move only one or two dummbells at a time, form is not important, don't hurry to much and keep working steadily, every hour or so go do a 200 pound deadlift, just one. See how long you can keep that up. repeat it every day. Thats what a manual labor job is like. Millions of reps at a very low percentage of max using whatever form it takes to keep going. after a few days you will be used to it and it won't even be any kind of overload any more, tiring yes, but not enough stimulus to cause adaption.
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No. 11

"As iron sharpens iron so one man sharpens another" Proverbs 27:17

IR45N is just really nice. (+1000) IR45N is just really nice. (+1000) IR45N is just really nice. (+1000) IR45N is just really nice. (+1000) IR45N is just really nice. (+1000) IR45N is just really nice. (+1000) IR45N is just really nice. (+1000) IR45N is just really nice. (+1000) IR45N is just really nice. (+1000) IR45N is just really nice. (+1000) IR45N is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Wildtim View Post

Go over to the dumbbell rack start around 50 or 60 pounds and take one or a piar of that wieght off the rack and set it on the floor, work the rack all the way down to the one pounders just taking dumbbells and setting them on the floor. Then put them all back in thae rack and repeat. Move only one or two dummbells at a time, form is not important, don't hurry to much and keep working steadily,
    Repped for the lol & how it'd PO so many gym members; "Don't touch those; I'm doing the construction worker's routine.".

MilkBelly has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MilkBelly has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MilkBelly has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MilkBelly has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MilkBelly has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MilkBelly has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MilkBelly has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MilkBelly has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MilkBelly has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MilkBelly has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MilkBelly has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Wildtim View Post

Go over to the dumbbell rack start around 50 or 60 pounds and take one or a piar of that wieght off the rack and set it on the floor, work the rack all the way down to the one pounders just taking dumbbells and setting them on the floor. Then put them all back in thae rack and repeat. Move only one or two dummbells at a time, form is not important, don't hurry to much and keep working steadily, every hour or so go do a 200 pound deadlift, just one. See how long you can keep that up. repeat it every day. Thats what a manual labor job is like. Millions of reps at a very low percentage of max using whatever form it takes to keep going. after a few days you will be used to it and it won't even be any kind of overload any more, tiring yes, but not enough stimulus to cause adaption.
    I've been in construction(Building trades) my whole life, and this is a good example of life on a jobsight. You left out the extreme weather conditions that we work through along with a list of injurys u cope with. Construction workers on avg are some of the most MEN of MEN in my op. I have been a General Contractor for 5 years now and still have to get physical on a daily basis to keep payroll on check. I have had 2 shoulder repairs, 1 hip repair, 2 herniated disk in neck and I still go to the gym after work everyday.

mahamid123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Talking ask someone who tired both !!!! like me

i am 19 and half YO now !!! i started working out in the gym at 17 and i worked out for a year and half !! i didnt not noticed any changes maybe small just small pecs and back !! i was 60 and i didnt noticed any results from gym !! i started working construction with ma cousin it is hard construction work contain lift heavy elemnts and things like iron and stones !!! i work 5 times a week i burn alot of calories it is 30 C and after 2 months only 2 months i gained 4 kills muscles idk if it is all muscles but now i am looked more lean and ripped with thicker hands pecs and shoulders !!! i work 5 days a week and i eat like a pig !!! soooo i find out the best way to see results is to work 5 days and friday i do some pushabs pullabs and triceps workout like for 30 minutes only !! this work outs the construction and 30 minutes workout gives u an lean body with good mount of muslces it is exactly like calisthenics !! when i take my shirt off the first thing they ask !! are u gymanistic or workout calisthenics ?!!! and i be like it is the hard work lol ! trust me ! anyways i will lose this body cuz am starting medicine next month