bigbtree is a name known to all. (+5000) bigbtree is a name known to all. (+5000) bigbtree is a name known to all. (+5000) bigbtree is a name known to all. (+5000) bigbtree is a name known to all. (+5000) bigbtree is a name known to all. (+5000) bigbtree is a name known to all. (+5000) bigbtree is a name known to all. (+5000) bigbtree is a name known to all. (+5000) bigbtree is a name known to all. (+5000) bigbtree is a name known to all. (+5000)

Question Any freshwater fishers here?

Been strugglin. Have only caught 1 crappie this year with a twister tail.. also got a spinner and 3 different rapalas but casted many hours not even a bite.

MetroBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MetroBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MetroBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MetroBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MetroBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MetroBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MetroBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MetroBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MetroBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MetroBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MetroBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Happens, Just enjoy the ride brotha. There are times of the year where I can go 5 times in a row and get nothing srs. Been fishing since I was a wee lad

FoulSmell has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) FoulSmell has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) FoulSmell has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) FoulSmell has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) FoulSmell has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) FoulSmell has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) FoulSmell has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) FoulSmell has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) FoulSmell has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) FoulSmell has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) FoulSmell has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Live bait works better.

Don’t live near any now, but I loved stream/river fishing for trout. I’d start with artificials to see where they were at, if they didn’t hit it, and I knew they were there, I’d swap to worms. If they still didn’t hit, I’d use fat-head minnows.

90% of the time it worked 100% of the time.

Hutrapper has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hutrapper has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hutrapper has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hutrapper has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hutrapper has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hutrapper has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hutrapper has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hutrapper has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hutrapper has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hutrapper has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hutrapper has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Got the first two pike last night, and the rest of the crappie pictured this spring.

Most all crappie on artificials. Pike too, no need for bait for them ever. The crappie were actually hitting crappie tubes better than minnows so.i stopped with the minnows.

Got a few crappie Sunday, but just wanted to find them. They were in 18 feet still surprisingly

What area are you fishing?
    See BrianDaMans sig.

Rep SoapKing on sight crew.
    Semi tradie crew
    lol@tradies crew
    Certified HTC

bigbtree is a name known to all. (+5000) bigbtree is a name known to all. (+5000) bigbtree is a name known to all. (+5000) bigbtree is a name known to all. (+5000) bigbtree is a name known to all. (+5000) bigbtree is a name known to all. (+5000) bigbtree is a name known to all. (+5000) bigbtree is a name known to all. (+5000) bigbtree is a name known to all. (+5000) bigbtree is a name known to all. (+5000) bigbtree is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Hutrapper View Post
    Got the first two pike last night, and the rest of the crappie pictured this spring.

Most all crappie on artificials. Pike too, no need for bait for them ever. The crappie were actually hitting crappie tubes better than minnows so.i stopped with the minnows.

Got a few crappie Sunday, but just wanted to find them. They were in 18 feet still surprisingly

What area are you fishing?
    Danggg haha I want to catch one big fish like that once in my kayak, would be fun to get pulled around.
    I am doing lakes in the central part of Minnesota. Hoping to catch some big walleye or northern, they are just beautiful fish to me. Crappies are beautiful too but I am looking for more of a fight next time.

OutdoorBrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OutdoorBrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OutdoorBrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OutdoorBrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OutdoorBrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OutdoorBrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OutdoorBrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OutdoorBrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OutdoorBrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OutdoorBrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OutdoorBrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I've been fly fishing more in recent years, the crappie seem to like anything from a small dropper to a wooly bugger. Taking a spinner on a canoe trip soon so we will see how that goes. How big is the body of water youre fishing?
    B:250 S:365 D:450

Praise the Lord & pass the ammunition
    America is a nation that can be defined in a single word: Asufutimaehaehfutbw

Originally Posted by FoulSmell View Post
    Live bait works better.

Don’t live near any now, but I loved stream/river fishing for trout. I’d start with artificials to see where they were at, if they didn’t hit it, and I knew they were there, I’d swap to worms. If they still didn’t hit, I’d use fat-head minnows.

90% of the time it worked 100% of the time.
    I think you might be right I should try some leeches or minnows once I get paid. Only thing is I am in a kayak and don't have a depth finder but maybe I could just put one on a jig and bounce it across the bottom? That or I am thinking of maybe trying one of those lindy rigs.

Hutrapper has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hutrapper has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hutrapper has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hutrapper has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hutrapper has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hutrapper has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hutrapper has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hutrapper has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hutrapper has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hutrapper has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hutrapper has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    A pretty good catch all for a lot of things is a single blade, single hook worm harness tipped with a berkley gulp minnow or actual minnow.

I make mine on 40lb test fluorocarbon, 36" long and fish it on a bottom bouncer.

1.5 mph on the troll should be doable from a kayak in a rod holder. Keep it close to bottom.

I suggest that because lots of techniques carch one fish, but this will catch bass, pike, and walleye equally well. Even caught musky, crappie and catfish.

It's a great catch all lure, and 40lb fluorocarbon holds up to most pikes teeth, plus it's adjustable for any depth
    See BrianDaMans sig.

Rep SoapKing on sight crew.
    Semi tradie crew
    lol@tradies crew
    Certified HTC