Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    ericTHEninja is on a distinguished road. (+10) ericTHEninja is on a distinguished road. (+10) ericTHEninja is on a distinguished road. (+10) ericTHEninja is on a distinguished road. (+10) ericTHEninja is on a distinguished road. (+10) ericTHEninja is on a distinguished road. (+10) ericTHEninja is on a distinguished road. (+10) ericTHEninja is on a distinguished road. (+10) ericTHEninja is on a distinguished road. (+10) ericTHEninja is on a distinguished road. (+10) ericTHEninja is on a distinguished road. (+10)

eTn's Primafoce Thermal Rage Log - New Formula

The following is my log of Primaforce's new formula for Thermal Rage. I'm psyched to have the chance to try this stuff out and would like to thank young_squatter for giving me the chance to give this stuff a run. I'd also like to thank Derek, Chuck, and Marc for the ridiculous amount of info they've thrown out on Derek's Contest Prep section of the board. Check it out if you get a chance. This is one of the few places on the boards where you won't need to question the advice you get.Now, on to business.

From Primaforce's Thermal Rage web site...

Assist Healthy Weight Management
    Promote Increased Energy Levels
    Support Optimal Metabolic Rate

Get Lean, Get Jacked
    Scivation Director of Research and Development, Chuck Rudolph set out in the quest to create a non-ephedra, super-stimulant fat burner to help people reach their performance and physique goals. What was once a good fat burner has now become the leader in next generation super-stimulant fat burners.

Thermal Rage contains: Lean Green, Caffeine, Coleus Forskolin, Cayenne Pepper, Naringin and Evodiamine. Thermal Rage is designed to be a powerful thermogenic that increases fatty acid liberation from fat cells and oxidation of those fatty acids by increasing the body’s metabolic rate and provides a strong boost in energy. This formula helps the body burn fat and also supports optimal thyroid function to keep your fat burning motor revving. The addition of Naringin prevents the crash associated with other stimulants.

Supplement Facts
    Serving Size: 2 Vegetarian Capsules
    Servings Per Container: 60
    Amount Per Serving %DV*
    Vitamin B3 (Niacinimide USP) 60 MG 300%
    Pyridoxine HCL (Vitamin B6) 50 MG 2500%
    Vitamin B12 (Cyanocobalamin) 20 MCG 1000%
    Lean Green™ (Green Tea [50% EGCG])
    (also supplying 12mg Caffeine) 300 MG †
    Caffeine USP 250 MG †
    Coleus Forskholii (20% Forskolin) (standardized for 40mg Forskolin) 200 MG †
    Cayenne Pepper (40,000 HU) 150 MG †
    Naringin 95% 20 MG †
    Evodiamine 98% 12.5 MG †
    * Percent Daily Values are based on 2,000 calorie diet.
    † Daily Value Not Established.sed on 2

Ingredients Info
    Not necessarily from Primaforce's Thermal Rage site. Sources are noted below each ingredient.

Lean Green
    Lean Green™ is an extremely potent green tea extract, containing over 90% polyphenols, 70% catechins and 50% EGCG (epigallocatechin-3-gallate). Scientific studies show that the active ingredients in LEAN GREEN can help promote fat loss, suppress appetite, enhance immune function and prevent insulin resistance.
    source - Primaforce Lean Green Product Site

Caffeine
    Caffeine in a central nervous system stimulant (CNS) and is known as the king of all stimulants. Caffeine has well known thermogenic properties in humans; increasing the rate of lipolysis and total energy expenditure, and decreasing food intake. It has also been shown to help increase fat-burning during exercise and improve performance. Caffeine is particularly effective for fat loss when used in conjunction with an agent that causes release of NE or other catecholamines, such as tyramine.

Caffeine also may exhibit a synergistic relationship for fat loss with EGCG, a component of green tea. This is because EGCG inhibits COMT, an enzyme that breaks down NE and other catecholamines.
    source - Bodybuilding.com Primaforce Thermal Rage store page

Coleus Forskolin
    This "power" herb has an active ingredient in it called forskolin. It has been used in ayruvedic medicine for many years. Forskolin's basic mechanism of action is that it increases the amount of cyclic AMP (adenosine monophosphate) in cells by activating an enzyme called adenylate cyclase. Cyclic AMP (cAMP) is one of the most important secondary messengers in the cell. It is considered to be one of the most important cell regulating compounds.

The breakdown of fat for fuel (lipolysis) is actually regulated by cAMP. Forskolin has been shown to not only enhance lipolysis but it may also inhibit fat storage from occurring. This is very good news for individuals trying to lose bodyfat and get lean. Another way that forskolin may allow for fat loss to occur is by stimulating thyroid hormone production and release. Thyroid hormone controls metabolism and can enhance metabolic rate, which may translate into more fat loss.
    source - Indo World

Cayenne Pepper
    Cayenne pepper (also called Capsicum frutescens) is a stimulating herb made from the dried pods of chili peppers and is well known for its pungent taste and smell. Cayenne is a popular spice used in many different regional styles of cooking, but it has also been used medicinally for thousands of years. Cayenne is often referred to as chili, which is the Aztec name for cayenne pepper.

Today cayenne is used worldwide to treat a variety of health conditions, including poor circulation, weak digestion, heart disease, chronic pain, sore throats, headaches and toothache.

When taken internally, cayenne soothes the digestive tract and stimulates the flow of stomach secretions and saliva. These secretions contain substances which help digest food.
    source - Healing Daily

Naringin
    Naringin displays many other interesting properties, some of which make it suitable for inclusion into the ingredients list of many popular fat burners.

For one, there is some evidence that the effects and levels of caffeine can be extended when consumed with naringin. Since virtually 99% of the fat burners on the market contain caffeine (often derived from natural sources like Kola nut, Yerba mate, Green tea, and so on), and since caffeine does exhibit thermogenic (fat burning) properties, naringin is an obvious "no brainer" way to improve and extend its effects.

Naringin has also been shown to exhibit cholesterol-lowering effects (click here for verification), which is always a good thing for dieters. It's also an aldose reductase inhibitor, which means it may also have a role to play battling retinal disease in diabetics.

While naringin may not be the most "sexy" ingredient in your favorite fat burner, it is a worthwhile one.
    source - Diet Supplement Review

Evodiamine
    Evodiamine is a compound that comes from Edovia fruits, which are used as a medicine in China. It is related to capsaicin, which is responsible for the sensation of heat caused by hot peppers. These substances act on receptors in the body known as vanilloid receptors, which can lead to a variety of effects. One of the changes noted after evodiamine administration in one study was a reduction in body fat, along with reduced cholesterol and triglyceride levels. These changes occurred at relatively low doses of the drug. This study also demonstrated that (contrary to popular belief) evodiamine should not necessarily be expected to alter body temperature, as it has effects that both increase and decrease body temperature which cancel out. However, according to another study, it may at least prevent body temperature from dropping below normal.

Not only does evodiamine lead to fat loss by helping thermogenesis, it also suppresses the appetite. It does this by increasing the levels of cholecystokinin (CCK), a hormone that acts as a natural appetite suppressant. As with the other supplements we have discussed, a number of possible health benefits have been identified. Animal studies have also found that it has beneficial effects on the cardiovascular system and can reduce hypoxia. With the low dosage required, multiple mechanisms of action, and possible health benefits, evodiamine is another potential candidate for the next safe and effective fat loss aid. Based on it's scientifically-advanced formula, Thermal Rage is clearly the most complete Thermogenic Energizer available. If you're ready to feel what the fat loss and energy "RAGE" is all about, try Thermal Rage today. You'll gain the energy and lose the fat!
    source - bb.com store

Suggested Use
    As a dietary supplement, take two vegetarian capsules in the morning prior to breakfast and two vegetarian capsules six hours later with 8 ounces of water. To assess tolerance, begin with one vegetarian capsule and increase dosage until tolerance level is established up to two vegetarian capsules. Do not exceed four capsules in any 24-hour period.

Warning
    Limit the use of caffeine-containing medications, foods, or beverages while taking this product because too much caffeine may cause nervousness, irritability, sleeplessness and occasional rapid heartbeat. Do not use if you are diabetic. Keep out of reach of children. Always consult a physician prior to using any dietary supplements.

ericTHEninja is on a distinguished road. (+10) ericTHEninja is on a distinguished road. (+10) ericTHEninja is on a distinguished road. (+10) ericTHEninja is on a distinguished road. (+10) ericTHEninja is on a distinguished road. (+10) ericTHEninja is on a distinguished road. (+10) ericTHEninja is on a distinguished road. (+10) ericTHEninja is on a distinguished road. (+10) ericTHEninja is on a distinguished road. (+10) ericTHEninja is on a distinguished road. (+10) ericTHEninja is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Stats and Info
    • Sex: M
    • Height: 5'6"
    • Weight: 158 lbs
    • Body Type: ecto/mesomorph
    • Training Experience: 2 years very strict and directed towards competitive bodybuilding, 1 year before that doing everything the wrong way.
    • Training Schedule/Protocol: Currently cutting until the end of June. 3 days on, 1 day rest, hitting each muscle group once per week. I do 30 minutes of cardio on the elliptical right after lifting with a target heart rate of 130-140.

I recently hit a snag in losing weight, so I've been doing am, fasted cardio every other day I work out using 3 scoops of Xtend and 1 scoop of Substance WPI in a 1/2 gallon of water. This, like my post workout cardio, is done for 30 minutes with a target heart rate of 130-140. It's done a really good job of getting the weight loss going again.

I will attach my full workout routine in a pdf in a little while.
      Day 1 - Chest
      Day 2 - Back/Hamstrings
      Day 3 - Quads/Calves
      Day 4 - Shoulders/Traps
      Day 5 - Biceps/Triceps

Current Supplements
    Supplements Used in the Past
    Current Diet
    I'm currently eating 5-6 meals/day on a low carb diet. Every third day I replace my last meal with a carb refeed. You can download my diet from the attachments listed at the bottom or by clicking here diet.pdf

What I'm shooting for
    Right now, I'm shooting to drop as much body fat as possible until the end of the month. I do not want to drop to 6.5% (9 point calibration) like I did last year. If you cut out my head, then I looked damn good. Once you put my head back on, I looked like one of those Pep-boy statues...massive head...little body.

I'm hoping Primaforce Thermal Rage does a few things for me. The first would be to help me drop some of the body fat on my lower back/top of my butt. Like most people, it' the last thing to go and from behind it looks like a muffin top (you know what I'm talking about).

The second thing I hope it does is get me going in the morning. After rolling out of bed, cardio (or any movement) is somewhat difficult for me. My legs always feel like they're full of led and it takes an extra big effort to get the blood flowing. Once it's going, however, it doesn't stop.

What Info I'm Providing (for those of you too lazy to read the above)
    • Full workout routine
    • Full diet - diet.pdf
    • Full supplementation - diet.pdf
    • Weekly pictures
    • 9-point caliper measurements every week
    • Naked pictures of Bea Arthur

The Other Testers' Threads
    JD's Thermal Rage
    MuZI's 2006 Summer Cut w/Primaforce Thermal Rage
    Last edited by ericTHEninja; 06-03-2006 at 05:53 PM.

Just reserving a bit more room in case I need it

FYI
    I will post pictures on Monday night after my new tripod is delivered. Taking pictures w/o a tripod makes them look horrible.
    Last edited by ericTHEninja; 06-03-2006 at 02:44 PM.

TimoteoS is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TimoteoS is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TimoteoS is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TimoteoS is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TimoteoS is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TimoteoS is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TimoteoS is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TimoteoS is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TimoteoS is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TimoteoS is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TimoteoS is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Looks awesome, this stacked with TTA would be a top notch fat burning cycle!!

MuZI is just really nice. (+1000) MuZI is just really nice. (+1000) MuZI is just really nice. (+1000) MuZI is just really nice. (+1000) MuZI is just really nice. (+1000) MuZI is just really nice. (+1000) MuZI is just really nice. (+1000) MuZI is just really nice. (+1000) MuZI is just really nice. (+1000) MuZI is just really nice. (+1000) MuZI is just really nice. (+1000)

Talking

Subscribed.

WSUcougs is on a distinguished road. (+10) WSUcougs is on a distinguished road. (+10) WSUcougs is on a distinguished road. (+10) WSUcougs is on a distinguished road. (+10) WSUcougs is on a distinguished road. (+10) WSUcougs is on a distinguished road. (+10) WSUcougs is on a distinguished road. (+10) WSUcougs is on a distinguished road. (+10) WSUcougs is on a distinguished road. (+10) WSUcougs is on a distinguished road. (+10) WSUcougs is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Subscribed!

Good luck

Dropping Power Stances Giggety Giggety's Avatar
    Giggety Giggety is just really nice. (+1000) Giggety Giggety is just really nice. (+1000) Giggety Giggety is just really nice. (+1000) Giggety Giggety is just really nice. (+1000) Giggety Giggety is just really nice. (+1000) Giggety Giggety is just really nice. (+1000) Giggety Giggety is just really nice. (+1000) Giggety Giggety is just really nice. (+1000) Giggety Giggety is just really nice. (+1000) Giggety Giggety is just really nice. (+1000) Giggety Giggety is just really nice. (+1000)
    Looks like a very promising log, go get 'em buddy
    ROYAL DRAGON SPONSORED ATHLETE

Day 1
    AM Cardio
    Well, yesterday was my first day on the new Thermal Rage. I rolled out of bed around 9, popped 2 Thermal Rages, mixed 3 scoops Xtend + 1 Substance WPI in 1/2 gallon of water, and did 30 minutes of low intensity cardio as I noted at the beginning of this log.

It wasn't hard to get going on the elliptical like it normally is, but I'll need to do a few more am, cardio sessions before I attribute anything to the Thermal Rage. I typically do am cardio around 5:15 am on weekdays so to attribute the ease of cardio to the Thermal Rage and not the time of day would be presumptive at this point.

PM Lifting
    Today I did biceps and triceps around 7 pm. I took my second Thermal Rage around 3:30 in the afternoon when I ate. Again, it's too presumptive right now to attribute success to the Thermal Rage, but today was a MUCH better lifting day than normal.

My right arm is slightly less than 1/4" smaller than my left arm and it tends to burn out a bit faster. For instance, I'll warm up with one set of db hammer curls for 12 reps, then follow that with 3 sets of db hammer curls. Typically, on the final set I'll struggle through the last 2 curls. Yesterday, I cranked through them. In fact, I pumped up a bit since last week on all my exercises and only had a slight problem on my right arm with the last set of 1 arm, cable curls.

Here's today's results: lifting_log.pdf
    So there's no question, if I'm doing an exercise with a barbell, I only record the amount of weight on each barbell. For instance, above, when I do barbell curls and it says 12x25, that means 25 pounds on each side of the bar.

Dosage
    The back of the bottle says to ease into Thermal Rage by taking 1 capsule to adjust and develop a slight tolerance. I'm taking 4/day right off because I'm not very sensitive to caffeine.

For those of you who like your coffee like I do, I bought a new coffee maker yesterday and, of course, had to try it out. Thus, I drank an entire pot of coffee on top of the 4 Thermal Rages. That's 500 mg of caffeine USP from the Thermal Rage and about 960 mg from the coffee (80 mg/8 oz cup * 12 cups).

Typically, when I'm at work I only drink 2 or 3 cups and I don't normally finish those. Towards the end of the day my energy levels fall hard. This is my own fault. Yesterday, however, I never experienced any decrease in mood or energy levels. It wasn't because I had a boatload of caffeine in me. With that much caffeine, I should've been hurting...BAD. I never got the shakes either.

I'm curious to know if any of the other ingredients in Thermal Rage even out the possibility of the shakes from caffeine. I'll keep tabs on how I feel from my typical coffee consumption for those of you who frequently drink coffee.
    Last edited by ericTHEninja; 06-04-2006 at 10:11 AM.

Day 2
    I did only chest yesterday and I felt fine. I hate when I don't get a day in between arms and chest. You deal w/what you're given. I didn't notice any differences between this week's chest routine with Thermal Rage vs. last weeks.

I had to skip cardio because I was headed to a movie w/friends. Gotta have a life.

Day 3
    I did back and hams today. Felt good. I did notice that my heart rate was much easier to get up into the high 130s compared to last week. I had the same thing happen the first day I used Thermal Rage. I'll keep tabs on that.

For instance, I'll typically have a heart rate of 125-130 when doing the elliptical on level 8 after 5 minutes pass. With all things being equal except for the addition of Thermal Rage, my heart rate is around 135-140 after 5 minutes pass. I find that I'm doing the same stride rate as normal, but I have to actually slow down on the Thermal Rage or my heart rate gets up to 145-150.

Here're the pictures I said I'd post. It's been raining for most of the last 3 weeks so I'm pasty and you can't see a whole lot. I'll try to get pictures with some tan next time. My caliper readings say I'm around 9% on a 9 point test (I think I'm more like 10%). The pictures don't do the measurements justice and I'm more concerned with seeing the pinch measurements go down than anything. I grip everything possible and pinch halfway into the pinch as directed. I don't know how visible it is, but I have a rather thick waste for someone my height. It's from ski racing, year round for 12 years.

Input's welcome...just disregard my inability to pose
    Attached Images

Day 4
    Day off...thank god.

Day 5
    I did quads and calves today followed by 30 minutes cardio. My heartrate was still way up there when doing cardio and I can keep it around 137 bpm @ 158 strides/min. Before I was on thermal rage my heart rate was at 137 bpm on average @ 166-170 strides/min. I haven't changed anything in my diet, so I can attribute most of the occurance to the thermal rage. I drank FAR less coffee (maybe a total of 160 mg caffeine vs. 960 mg on day 1 and 2) and noticed no change in heart rate.

I will monitor my heart rate when I'm in Amsterdam and without free coffee. I'll be able to draw a better conclusion as to whether or not the coffee is pushing my body over that tiny threshold and upping my heart rate. I really doubt it, however, because I've drank a lot of coffee before (like an entire pot) and didn't have this sort of reaction while on an elliptical.

Seems like the PDF thing may be a bit of a pain in the arse for some people, so here was my routine yesterday.

Squats - 15x160, 15x210, 15x210, 15x220
    Leg Press - 15x600, 15x600, 15x600
    Single Leg Ext - 15x45, 15x45, 15x45
    Seated Calf Raise - 30x90, 30x90, 30x90

I forgot how much dropping weight takes out of me. I would do 10x90, 10x95, 10x95 for single leg, leg extensions after 3x6 of squats @ 260 and 3x6 of partial deadlifts @ 315. I can't wait for July when I get to start eating like its my job again.

p.s. the serious different in weight drops are due to me doing sets of 4-6 for everything for about 7 or 8 months straight. I made the mistake of not mixing up the number of reps per set during my last bulk...despite it going very well.

I still religiously stick to my diet. See it @ Attachment 307891. I'm mixing in an avacado in exchange for peanut butter half the time. I have to force feed them to myself, but I'll live.
    Last edited by ericTHEninja; 06-09-2006 at 05:40 AM.

young_squatter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) young_squatter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) young_squatter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) young_squatter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) young_squatter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) young_squatter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) young_squatter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) young_squatter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) young_squatter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) young_squatter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) young_squatter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    "subscribes" Great start
    New 5/3/1 Strength Journal:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=152156313&p=1031620863#post1031620863

MuZI is just really nice. (+1000) MuZI is just really nice. (+1000) MuZI is just really nice. (+1000) MuZI is just really nice. (+1000) MuZI is just really nice. (+1000) MuZI is just really nice. (+1000) MuZI is just really nice. (+1000) MuZI is just really nice. (+1000) MuZI is just really nice. (+1000) MuZI is just really nice. (+1000) MuZI is just really nice. (+1000)

Talking

Originally Posted by ericTHEninja
    Day 4

I still religiously stick to my diet. See it @ Attachment 308024. I'm mixing in an avacado in exchange for peanut butter half the time. I have to force feed them to myself, but I'll live.
    Hmm, skullcrushers. Yummy.
    Keto Diet:
    Start - June 13th - 198 lbs (~??% bf)
    November 06, 2009 - 168 lbs (14% bf)

Almost 4 weeks into Bulk:
    December 04, 2009 - 180 lbs @ 17%
    December 12, 2009 - 184 lbs

superhombre2k will become famous soon enough. (+50) superhombre2k will become famous soon enough. (+50) superhombre2k will become famous soon enough. (+50) superhombre2k will become famous soon enough. (+50) superhombre2k will become famous soon enough. (+50) superhombre2k will become famous soon enough. (+50) superhombre2k will become famous soon enough. (+50) superhombre2k will become famous soon enough. (+50) superhombre2k will become famous soon enough. (+50) superhombre2k will become famous soon enough. (+50) superhombre2k will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    If I might ask... why do you not total the weights on the bar with the weight of the bar? It's just confusing to read your exercise log.
    If you can't join'em, beat'em.

Originally Posted by MuZI
    Hmm, skullcrushers. Yummy.
    haha...whoops. I was wondering what you meant. I fixed it

Attachment 307891

Originally Posted by superhombre2k
    If I might ask... why do you not total the weights on the bar with the weight of the bar? It's just confusing to read your exercise log.
    I'll change it...you're right. The reason I do that is b/c I write all my workouts on 3x5 notecards. It's much easier to write less when the thing you're writing on is smaller.

Like I said...I'll change that around and write it up the right way. I'm headed home now so expect it later on this weekend.

Update: You caught me in the morning. The MAIN reason I write down only the weights I put on the bar is because it's easier on my head. I spend all day writing code and for me to see 12x75 on my card for flat bench, it's easy for me to know that's a 45, a 25, and a 5 rather than seeing 12x200. If I have 12x200, then I have to subtract 50 and divide the result in half just to know I'm putting on 75 lbs on each side. Follow me?
    Last edited by ericTHEninja; 06-10-2006 at 08:17 AM.

Never2cut has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Never2cut has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Never2cut has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Never2cut has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Never2cut has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Never2cut has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Never2cut has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Never2cut has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Never2cut has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Never2cut has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Never2cut has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

subscribed

Looks like a great start! I'll definitely be following along.
    Gettin Crazy With MANIAC
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=124569791

Completed Logs:
    *Never2Cut gets ripped on HGH Pro*
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=123500261
    *(x)Never2Cut's MuscleXplosion brought to you by VasoXplode!!(x)
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=2166821\
    *Primal EAA and Nitrobolic Extreme
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=867559
    *Vaporize and Scorch Remix
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=76841

Day 6
    I meant to post this a few days ago. Sorry abou that...

I did shoulders and traps today. I only have one exercise I do w/a barbell so I won't have to do too much math for you people

The shoulder exercises felt pretty good. I always have a serious, piercing pain (read: good) in my shoulders after doing db military press followed by front and side laterals.

Anway, here's the info:
    db military press 12x45 12x45 12x45
    db front raise 12x15 12x15 12x20
    db lateral raise 12x15 12x15 12x15
    barbell shrugs 12x250 12x270 12x270
    db rev raise 12x35 12x35 12x35

The only weights I bumped up were bb shurts and the last set of front raises.

Day 7
    I had everything packed for the gym @ 5 am and intended to get my workout in before work. I was leaving work around noon to make the 6 1/2 hour drive to my parent's house in Pennsylvania. The am gym didn't happen.

I woke up at 5 w/o a problem, but one of my roommates came home around 2:30 am and Bella (one of the 90 lbs beast dogs that live w/us) went tearing through the house, woke me up, and I didn't get back to sleep for another half an hour. So my sleep was horrible and there was no way I'd make it through my workout and the 6 1/2 hour drive. I'd rather be safe. I can lift another day.

Day 8
    Update: Scratch that BS of not going to the gym today. My mom got back from wherever she was and said I could go to her gym for free as a guest. So, I hit up the Allentown Sporst Medicine and Human Performance Center. I use to train there for skiing when I was 15. I can't even describe how nice this place is. 4 squat racks, 2 smith machines, 2 leg press machines, 9 benches. To make it simple, it's where all the people lucky enough to have money send their college prospect kids. Minus all the skinny, future frat boys wearing their "it's all about the pride, baby" t-shirts their overweight high school coaches who live vicariously through them b/c of their ridiculous failures gave them (nice rant, huh)...it's a super nice place. The new building they're building just for the complex is 3 stories. It explains the $300 initiation fee and $72/month they charge. p.s. My mom's retiring this year so this is how she's chosing to use her money. Good call.

Anyway, today was like being on Thermal Crack instead of Thermal Rage.

Alt Hammer Curls 12x27.5 12x30 12x30 12x30
    Skull Crushers 12x20 12x25 12x27.5 12x27.5
    EZ Curl 12x70 12x75 11x75
    Pushdown 11x155 12x150 12x150
    1 Arm Cable Curl 12x45 12x45 12x40
    1 Arm pushdown (palm up) 12x45 12x52.5 12x52.5

I highlighted weights that went up in blue. The last 3 exercises are done on a cable machine and the weights are about 10 pounds lower than what I typically do. They are not the result of burn out, but the number of pullies and their locations.

The only thing I hate about going to another gym is working w/cable machines. The location of the pullies make a difference in the overall force so it takes me a set to gauge. Hence, the weights are up and down on pushdowns, 1 arm cable curls, and 1 arm pushdowns.

If you read above, then you'll notice I made a note about am cardio. I haven't done it much at all in the last 5 or 6 days, but I'm still dropping weight. On Thursday, I'm leaving for Amsterdam to be there until the following Friday. Thus, I'll be doing am cardio Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday and lifting Monday through Thursday.

The Amsterdam Hilton (don't ask how I scored that b/c I'm still trying to figure it out) has a decent looking gym so I'll be abusing that while I'm there. I might be stuck on machines, but not all machines are bad like some people'll have you believe.
    Last edited by ericTHEninja; 06-10-2006 at 12:36 PM.

superhombre2k will become famous soon enough. (+50) superhombre2k will become famous soon enough. (+50) superhombre2k will become famous soon enough. (+50) superhombre2k will become famous soon enough. (+50) superhombre2k will become famous soon enough. (+50) superhombre2k will become famous soon enough. (+50) superhombre2k will become famous soon enough. (+50) superhombre2k will become famous soon enough. (+50) superhombre2k will become famous soon enough. (+50) superhombre2k will become famous soon enough. (+50) superhombre2k will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by ericTHEninja
    I'll change it...you're right. The reason I do that is b/c I write all my workouts on 3x5 notecards. It's much easier to write less when the thing you're writing on is smaller.

Like I said...I'll change that around and write it up the right way. I'm headed home now so expect it later on this weekend.

Update: You caught me in the morning. The MAIN reason I write down only the weights I put on the bar is because it's easier on my head. I spend all day writing code and for me to see 12x75 on my card for flat bench, it's easy for me to know that's a 45, a 25, and a 5 rather than seeing 12x200. If I have 12x200, then I have to subtract 50 and divide the result in half just to know I'm putting on 75 lbs on each side. Follow me?
    I follow. It took me a while to get used to knowing what weight I'm putting on and what it totals up to at a glance, now it's second nature.

Oh, and subscribed!
    If you can't join'em, beat'em.

Other Logs
    vBulletin won't let me update posts older than so many days, so here's an updated list of the other Thermal Rage logs. It's just nice to find all the information in one spot.

JD's Thermal Rage log
    MuZI's 2006 Summer Cut with Thermal Rage
    Procta's Primaforce Thermal Rage log (new formula)
    WSUcoug's Thermal Rage Log
    Nick's Thermal Rage log

Day 9
    Day off. I drove from Pennsylvania back to Vermont today.

Quick Story...
    The cops in VT are really like they seem in the movie Super Troopers. I was going 53 down a hill in a 50 on the way home. The cop came towards me, turned around, and followed me for 2 miles into, through, and out of a small town. Talk about a tailgate. He ended up stopping, turning around, and doing the same thing to someone else.

Day 10
    Back to chest again today. The day felt good, but I didn't feel like I was up and going until my last chest exercise. I had to use a smith machine today because my friend's sick and wasn't able to spot me. I also forgot that I'm not using dumbbells to do incline presses. I guess that's what happens when you get into too much of a routine.

BB flat bench (smith) 12x170 12x190 12x190 12x190
    db incline 12x45 12x45 12x45
    fly 12x120 12x120 12x120
    decline 12x140 12x140 12x150
    cable crunch 12x200 12x200 12x200
    inverted crunch (crunch hanging upside down) 12 12 12

Hello from Amsterdam!

We got to the hotel today only to find out that internet access is 8 euro/hour or 20 euro per day. It's a rip off. So, I'm writing the log offline and I'll post it when I get home. There's no way I'm paying $27/day to get online here. It's crazy. I can spend my money in other, better ways.

Check back in about 1 1/2 weeks. Back to shops!

Day 11
    Back/Bis
    Today felt good. Followed up everything w/35 minutes of cardio. Again, my heart rate stayed up a lot easier than normal. I changed to lat pulldowns last week so I'm still trying to get more into the groove of a good weight for that exercise

Lat Pulldowns 12x120 12x128 12x130
    Partial Deadlifts 12x230 12x230 12x240
    T-Bar Row 12x80 12x82.5 12x85
    Standing Ham Curl 12x4 12x4 12x4 (4 blocks. I don't know their weight)
    Back Ext 20x25 20x25 20x25

Day 12
    Tomorrow I leave for the Netherlands so I'll be taking a day off for travel and probably the following day off as well. There's a 6 hour time difference and despite that I want to workout, I've made the mistake many times before of pushing myself too hard, not being rested enough, and just leaving at the end...frustrated.

Quads/Calves
    Smith Squat 15x160 15x210 15x220 15x230
    Leg Press - 15x600, 15x600 15x600
    Single Leg Ext - 15x45 15x45 15x45
    Seated Calf Raise - 30x90 30x90 30x90

Day 13
    Day off to travel to Amsterdam

Day 14
    Second day off for Amsterdam. I walked for about 8 hours today around Den Haag and woke up at noon...which is the equivalent of 6 am in Vermont.

I looked at the "gym" at the hotel. Talk about false advertising. They must've used a stock photo. So, I'll be make shifting exercises just to keep myself in shape.

I took the time to look around for a grocery store. Unfortunately (and fortunately), the dutch aren't like americans. Their grocery stores aren't massive and the meat section is minimal. This means it'll take me about 1 1/2 weeks to get back to where I was when I left and I'm starting a bulk at the end of that time. Smack in the head.

Recomposition in Progress brandon9134's Avatar
    brandon9134 is on a distinguished road. (+10) brandon9134 is on a distinguished road. (+10) brandon9134 is on a distinguished road. (+10) brandon9134 is on a distinguished road. (+10) brandon9134 is on a distinguished road. (+10) brandon9134 is on a distinguished road. (+10) brandon9134 is on a distinguished road. (+10) brandon9134 is on a distinguished road. (+10) brandon9134 is on a distinguished road. (+10) brandon9134 is on a distinguished road. (+10) brandon9134 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    great log bro! Amsterdam sounds awesome...keep up the good work

check out my log if you get a chance...
    http://www.forum.bodybuilding.com/sh...d.php?t=816911
    My Dietician is Chuck "The Ripper" Rudolph, for more info email him at ChuckieRD@aol.com or visit his website DietsbyChuck.com

Scivation Anagen Review:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=747061

Primaforce Thermal Rage {New Formula} Log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=816911

Day 15
    b/c the hotel doesn't have as much equipment as they advertised, I'm going to try to maintain what I have as much as possible for this week. Count this as somewhere between a week off and my normal workout.

The hotel offers a leg extension, leg curl, seated bench press, and a shoulder press machine. My schedule for the rest of the week will be lower body, upper body, day off, lower body, upper body. I have a party to go to that runs the entire weekend so I'm looking at 3 days off when I get home. This is the one time of the year I have such an awkward schedule (read: vacation).

Keep in mind, all the European weights are in metrics and that's why the pound conversions look a little funny.
    leg ext: 12x152 12x152 12x152
    leg curl: 12x138 12x138 12x138
    single leg leg ext: 12x74 12x74 12x74
    single leg leg curl: 12x63 12x63 12x63

I have to hope my calves get a good workout from walking for 7 hours/day. I know it's not the best, but I don't think the hotel'd approve of me doing calf raises while holding their water cooler on my back.

Day 16
    Today I feel pretty decent. I think I'm slowly adjusting to the 6 hour time difference. The Thermal Rage has definitely woken me up in the morning and I'm lasting a lot longer than my friend who came with me. Although, I'm in far, far better shape than she is.

So as I said before, all I have to work with are a seated bench press and a shoulder press. So, I have to be a bit creative to try to hit as much as possible.

Seated bench press: 12x183 12x183 12x183
    Seated shoulder press: 12x102 12x102 12x102
    Standing row (w/bench press machine): 12x132 12x132 12x132
    Dips on the stairs: 30x0 30x0 30x0
    Pushups: 40x0 40x0 40x0
    Upside down shoulder press: 20x0 20x0 20x0

Day 17
    Still going strong. For anyone curious as to my diet...well...I've been eating well and staying w/in my caloric needs. I know I haven't hit them perfectly and I've had to change my meals from 6 per day to 3-4 per day. As I said before, supermarkets there aren't like they are here.

Oh yeah...today's a day off. Thermal Rage is still moving my butt around town though.

Day 18
    Another leg day. The weights are the same. I followed up today w/30 minutes of cardio despite walking for 7 hours today. I'll probably end up passing out to one of the world cup games again.

leg ext: 12x152 12x152 12x152
    leg curl: 12x138 12x138 12x138
    single leg leg ext: 12x74 12x74 12x74
    single leg leg curl: 12x63 12x63 12x63

Day 19
    After 5 or so days of walking 7 hours straight and adjusting to the time change, I'm freakin' beat. Normally, I'd say the only way I'm getting through it is due to the coffee, but I've had maybe 1 cup today. I'll give an outright thanks to the Thermal Rage on this one. I really can't figure out what else would be giving me energy.

On a side note, my sleep hasn't suffered any and I have been continuing the supplementation I listed at the beginning of my log. I was surprised to not see my bag torn apart by customs thinking my whey was some sort of crack. Although, I did have some chocolate whey in my carry on that got scanned for explosive materials at Boston-Logan Airport. That was kinda funny.

Seated bench press: 12x183 12x183 12x183
    Seated shoulder press: 12x102 12x102 12x102
    Standing row (w/bench press machine): 12x132 12x132 12x132
    Dips on the stairs: 30x0 30x0 30x0
    Pushups: 40x0 40x0 40x0
    Upside down shoulder press: 20x0 20x0 20x0

Day 20
    Travelled home from Amsterdam. Oh...and I was "randomly selected" to be interviewed. Random as in "oh, you were in Amsterdam? You must've been there to do drugs."

Despite having polite employees, the TSA does a horrible job of educating their staff. They saw I went to the Netherlands so they asked me where I went. I said Den Haag and Amsterdam.

The guy looked at me and goes "Did you go to any hot spots in Amsterdam?" Despite wanting to educate him that 1) I don't do any drugs and 2) soft drugs are tolerated in ALL of the Netherlands, I looked at him and told him that I went in a bunch of places and that his definition of hot spots didn't make any sense. He stopped smirking at that point and let me go.

Day 21
    Drove 1 1/2 hrs to a party...fell asleep around 7 at night. I needed rest...what can I say.

Day 22
    Drove 1 1/2 hrs back...went straight to bed.

Day 23
    Today is my first day back to the gym in 4 days. I consider it more like 1 1/2 weeks b/c the hotel in Amsterdam was far under par vs. the gym they advertised. What can you expect.

Numbers here are slightly lower than normal from 1) just returning and 2) using a smith machine w/horrible bearings.

BB flat bench (smith) 12x170 12x190 12x190 10x190
    db incline 12x45 12x45 12x45
    fly 12x120 11x120 10x120
    decline 12x140 10x140 10x150
    cable crunch 12x200 12x200 12x200
    inverted crunch (crunch hanging upside down) 12 12 12