LivingForFun has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Lagging Shoulders

My shoulders have never really gained much strength since the past year, they're still in good proportion with my body, but for some reason I am still stuck at lifting roughly the same weight and I can't seem to gain strength on them, also they are quite thick from the side but not very broad from the front, I've been focusing on my side delt raises recently but i'm still not seeing any differences really? Do you recommend anything or should I just keep working hard at trying to get past this 'strength barrier' ?

stephenlatsha is a jewel in the rough. (+500) stephenlatsha is a jewel in the rough. (+500) stephenlatsha is a jewel in the rough. (+500) stephenlatsha is a jewel in the rough. (+500) stephenlatsha is a jewel in the rough. (+500) stephenlatsha is a jewel in the rough. (+500) stephenlatsha is a jewel in the rough. (+500) stephenlatsha is a jewel in the rough. (+500) stephenlatsha is a jewel in the rough. (+500) stephenlatsha is a jewel in the rough. (+500) stephenlatsha is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    military presses for dem shoulders! Also eat more then your maitnance calories. You cant gain strength/muscle unless your in a calorie surplus
    Reviews:
    to many^
    log (10days): http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=155575203&p=1104931703#post1104931703
    19 years old
    Diet:
    IIFYM

** VEGA BACK IN BLACK CREW **

Originally Posted by stephenlatsha View Post
    military presses for dem shoulders! Also eat more then your maitnance calories. You cant gain strength/muscle unless your in a calorie surplus
    I've gained a good stone in the past year (mostly muscle), and put size on my shoulders, just not strength, i've always had issues with my shoulders, they click during chest flyes etc. and tend to hurt a bit during my chest workouts. you think that might be the problem?

stephenlatsha is a jewel in the rough. (+500) stephenlatsha is a jewel in the rough. (+500) stephenlatsha is a jewel in the rough. (+500) stephenlatsha is a jewel in the rough. (+500) stephenlatsha is a jewel in the rough. (+500) stephenlatsha is a jewel in the rough. (+500) stephenlatsha is a jewel in the rough. (+500) stephenlatsha is a jewel in the rough. (+500) stephenlatsha is a jewel in the rough. (+500) stephenlatsha is a jewel in the rough. (+500) stephenlatsha is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by LivingForFun View Post
    I've gained a good stone in the past year (mostly muscle), and put size on my shoulders, just not strength, i've always had issues with my shoulders, they click during chest flyes etc. and tend to hurt a bit during my chest workouts. you think that might be the problem?
    You do upight rows or behind the neck presses those lifts kill the rotator cuff
    Reviews:
    to many^
    log (10days): http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=155575203&p=1104931703#post1104931703
    19 years old
    Diet:
    IIFYM

Yeah i've done a fair few upright rows but not behind the neck presses. I've had shoulder issues since i started lifting, maybe cause of all the years of tennis i played?

Nitsua24 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Nitsua24 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Nitsua24 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Nitsua24 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Nitsua24 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Nitsua24 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Nitsua24 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Nitsua24 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Nitsua24 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Nitsua24 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Nitsua24 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Why would upright rows kill the rotator cuff? The shoulder moves in the exact same way as a lateral raise, you're just giving yourself far more mechanical advantage.

The Upright Row is one of the most harmful exercises you can expose your shoulders to. The problem with the exercise lies in the position your arms must be in in order to perform the movement. This position is called "internal rotation."

To demonstrate internal rotation, hold your arms straight out to the sides with your palms down. Now rotate your hands forward as if you were pouring out a glass of water in each. To do the upright row, the arms are bent at the elbow then internally rotated.

Internal rotation itself is not necessarily bad for your shoulders. The problem comes when you raise the arms up and add resistance in that position. Every time you raise the weight, a small tendon in your shoulder gets pinched (known as impingement) by the bones in the shoulder.

This may not hurt immediately; it may not even hurt for a long, long time. The problem is the tendon will gradually become worn down and damaged. You may not even know you have a problem until one day the tendon snaps!

however, up right rows are a awesome shoulder exercise. Doing them Wide grip eliminates a lot of the danger
    Reviews:
    to many^
    19 years old
    Diet:
    IIFYM

Nitsua24 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Nitsua24 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Nitsua24 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Nitsua24 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Nitsua24 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Nitsua24 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Nitsua24 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Nitsua24 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Nitsua24 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Nitsua24 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Nitsua24 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    The Upright Row is one of the most harmful exercises you can expose your shoulders to. The problem with the exercise lies in the position your arms must be in in order to perform the movement. This position is called "internal rotation."

To demonstrate internal rotation, hold your arms straight out to the sides with your palms down. Now rotate your hands forward as if you were pouring out a glass of water in each. To do the upright row, the arms are bent at the elbow then internally rotated.

Internal rotation itself is not necessarily bad for your shoulders. The problem comes when you raise the arms up and add resistance in that position. Every time you raise the weight, a small tendon in your shoulder gets pinched (known as impingement) by the bones in the shoulder.

This may not hurt immediately; it may not even hurt for a long, long time. The problem is the tendon will gradually become worn down and damaged. You may not even know you have a problem until one day the tendon snaps!

however, up right rows are a awesome shoulder exercise. Doing them Wide grip eliminates a lot of the danger
    Repped. I've read that before but didn't think it was a problem to everyone. Cable upright rows with the rope grip should be better then right?

Originally Posted by Nitsua24 View Post
    Repped. I've read that before but didn't think it was a problem to everyone. Cable upright rows with the rope grip should be better then right?
    you can do uprights with dumbells since this will help you get a wider grip. Also Having 2 separate handles (rope) will allow your hands and wrists to rotate in a natural movement as you row up making the exercise much more comfortable to perform. Not only that, but it allows you to get a better peak contraction throughout your upper back because you can row higher and squeeze your muscles hard through a full range of motion.
    Reviews:
    to many^
    19 years old
    Diet:
    IIFYM

(not trying to hijack thread, sorry OP)
    you can do uprights with dumbells since this will help you get a wider grip. Also Having 2 separate handles (rope) will allow your hands and wrists to rotate in a natural movement as you row up making the exercise much more comfortable to perform. Not only that, but it allows you to get a better peak contraction throughout your upper back because you can row higher and squeeze your muscles hard through a full range of motion.
    Wide grip BB is already perfectly comfortable for me. Hits lateral delts much harder and hardly uses traps; it's the only variation I do. I could see DBs being a little healthier if they were held naturally and allowed to change angles (as opposed to BB upright rows). I'll definitely try the cable/rope upright rows. Thank you.

Luwbz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Luwbz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Luwbz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Luwbz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Luwbz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Luwbz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Luwbz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Luwbz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Luwbz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Luwbz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Luwbz will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    How about you learn to warm up the rotator cuffs.
    Honestly. With upright rows. You do them right and there safer than the lateral
    Raise

Originally Posted by Luwbz View Post
    How about you learn to warm up the rotator cuffs.
    Honestly. With upright rows. You do them right and there safer than the lateral
    Raise
    Hahaha i love the upright row i even said i love the exercise. some people dont know how to do the lift safe and thats why upright rows can be very bad. Honestly i did say that (however, up right rows are a awesome shoulder exercise. Doing them Wide grip eliminates a lot of the danger ) post #7
    Reviews:
    to many^
    19 years old
    Diet:
    IIFYM

KS98 is just really nice. (+1000) KS98 is just really nice. (+1000) KS98 is just really nice. (+1000) KS98 is just really nice. (+1000) KS98 is just really nice. (+1000) KS98 is just really nice. (+1000) KS98 is just really nice. (+1000) KS98 is just really nice. (+1000) KS98 is just really nice. (+1000) KS98 is just really nice. (+1000) KS98 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Nitsua24 View Post
    Why would upright rows kill the rotator cuff? The shoulder moves in the exact same way as a lateral raise, you're just giving yourself far more mechanical advantage.
    False. It rotates your humerus into nerves in your shoulder.
    Self-improvement blog for teenagers: http://www.teenagetriumph.com

MikeBergin is not very well liked. (-100) MikeBergin is not very well liked. (-100) MikeBergin is not very well liked. (-100) MikeBergin is not very well liked. (-100) MikeBergin is not very well liked. (-100) MikeBergin is not very well liked. (-100) MikeBergin is not very well liked. (-100) MikeBergin is not very well liked. (-100) MikeBergin is not very well liked. (-100) MikeBergin is not very well liked. (-100) MikeBergin is not very well liked. (-100)
    depends how you do upright row, if your bending with the elbos and not forcing your arms up then its fine. Once u throw the whole arm up cuts off nerve endings. Shoulder press with the machine would be great for you because of the issue, do low reps like 5x5 if you want or even 4 sets 12,10,8,6 will all help build strength. Also worth a try but do some handstand pushups balancing on a wall if you cannot yourself. Make sure you switch up routine your body will get bored and stop having progress. For me each week is different, not the exercise all the time but the reps or the range im lifting.

ATeeGee is not very helpful. (-500) ATeeGee is not very helpful. (-500) ATeeGee is not very helpful. (-500) ATeeGee is not very helpful. (-500) ATeeGee is not very helpful. (-500) ATeeGee is not very helpful. (-500) ATeeGee is not very helpful. (-500) ATeeGee is not very helpful. (-500) ATeeGee is not very helpful. (-500) ATeeGee is not very helpful. (-500) ATeeGee is not very helpful. (-500)
    a wider grip on the upright row is fine, or with dumbells. however in regards to OP's question, hit them more frequently, change up your routine, a number of things you can do.
    *Licks the angus first crew*
    *Loves hbb girls heiny holes crew*
    *Used to eat slugs as a kid crew*
    *Wrestled a lepar crew*
    *Collects hbb's farts in peanut butter jars crew*
    *Cleans my feet with sandpaper crew*
    *8" inch dink but 2" girth crew*
    *Only clean dink every 2 weeks crew*
    *Made a necklace pendant out of smegma crew*
    *I take oral of Jackie Stallone crew*
    *I will live in Mia Malkovas ass crew*