BJJOrDie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BJJOrDie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BJJOrDie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BJJOrDie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BJJOrDie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BJJOrDie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BJJOrDie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BJJOrDie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BJJOrDie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BJJOrDie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BJJOrDie has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

BJJOrDie's Cellucor COR-Performance Whey Peanut Butter Marshmallow Review

BJJOrDie's Cellucor COR-Performance Whey Peanut Butter Marshmallow Review

Before I begin, I'd like to thank Mike and the guys at Cellucor for hooking me up with a 2lb tub of their brand new COR-Performance Whey to review!

Profile: 8.5/10
    Overall, this protein has a really solid ingredient profile. The COR-Performance Whey Protein Matrix consists of Whey Protein Isolate and Whey Protein Concentrate. Since the whey isolate is listed first on the ingredients list, it's safe to assume that there's more of it. This, of course, is a good thing because it absorbs more quickly (making it optimal post-workout), and can be more tolerable for those with digestion issues. The added digestive enzymes also help out to that end as well.

Taste: 8.5/10
    In my opinion, taste is second in importance to the ingredient profile. Admittedly, I was a little bit apprehensive when confronted with the flavor "Peanut Butter Marshmallow", because I've never tried a good tasting peanut butter protein, and I wasn't sure what to expect of the marshmallow. However, I wasn't let down at all! Upon opening the tub and taking the first sip, all I could think of was Reese's Puffs Cereal - it tastes exactly like the milk left at the end of the bowl. It is a little bit on the sweet side, but not overbearingly so. Overall, I really, really enjoyed this flavor; I could see it tasting GREAT in a protein cookie or muffin recipe.

Mixability: 9/10
    This protein is advertised as having "perfect mixability". In my experience, it's very close, but not perfect. Below, I've taken three pictures to help demonstrate the degree to which the protein mixes. The first picture is one scoop of the protein dumped into 10 oz of milk, and the next picture is after about 20 seconds of mixing. As the picture shows, there is a very thin layer of foam on the top, but nothing significant. There are no visible clumps after mixing either. The third picture is of the empty shaker cup, after I finished drinking it, showing that there is nothing left in the cup apart from a few scattered clumps. There were also a few clumps in the mixer insert, which is why I couldn't give the protein a perfect score on mixability.

Texture: 9/10
    Although the package calls for 5-6 oz of milk, I mixed it with 10 oz and it was a little thick, but there wasn't any graininess. If you prefer that your protein shakes are thick, then I recommend adding anywhere from 6-10 oz of liquid, but if you prefer a thinner shake like I do, I'd recommend at least 12 oz.

Additional Note: Comparison with Cellucor Super Sport Whey
    If you go on Cellucor's website, you'll notice they have two different types of proteins - the Super Sport Whey, and COR-Performance Whey. In a previous review, I tasted Cellucor Super Sport Milk Chocolate Whey Protein, which mainly consists of whey hydrolysate. In my opinion, the Super Sport protein is far superior in terms of ingredient profile and mixability, but the COR-Performance Whey is definitely flavored better. If you have the extra money to shell out and you are very particular about which type of protein you take, I fully recommend going for the Super Sport. However, if you want more options in terms of flavor and are on a tight budget, definitely go for the COR-Performance Whey, which is very affordable.

Overall: 8.5/10

In summary, this is a really good tasting protein shake, with a good profile. Stay tuned for my review of COR-Performance Cinnamon Swirl!

Last edited by BJJOrDie; 12-24-2012 at 05:46 PM.

The Solution has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Great Detail and awesome review, pretty damn i agree with all you said man. Cant wait to see what you say if you try Cinnamon Swirl.

BJJOrDie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BJJOrDie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BJJOrDie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BJJOrDie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BJJOrDie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BJJOrDie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BJJOrDie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BJJOrDie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BJJOrDie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BJJOrDie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BJJOrDie has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by The Solution View Post
    Great Detail and awesome review, pretty damn i agree with all you said man. Cant wait to see what you say if you try Cinnamon Swirl.
    Thanks dude! I've already tried the Cinammon Swirl, and you can expect a really great review, it's really incredible

M5 Reloaded + P6 Black =∞ MikeCellucor's Avatar
    MikeCellucor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeCellucor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeCellucor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeCellucor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeCellucor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeCellucor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeCellucor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeCellucor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeCellucor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeCellucor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeCellucor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I guess I'll have to start sending out more flavors.

its got real oreo pieces in it
    No Longer with Cellucor....do not contact directly for assistance, please see Official Rep Thread for assistance or contact Cellucor directly at Cellucor.com

yankeekid15 will become famous soon enough. (+50) yankeekid15 will become famous soon enough. (+50) yankeekid15 will become famous soon enough. (+50) yankeekid15 will become famous soon enough. (+50) yankeekid15 will become famous soon enough. (+50) yankeekid15 will become famous soon enough. (+50) yankeekid15 will become famous soon enough. (+50) yankeekid15 will become famous soon enough. (+50) yankeekid15 will become famous soon enough. (+50) yankeekid15 will become famous soon enough. (+50) yankeekid15 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by MikeCellucor View Post
    I guess I'll have to start sending out more flavors.

its got real oreo pieces in it
    Real Oreo pieces?!?!? You've got me sold on it!
    MuscleTech Mass-Tech and Anotest Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=147777893&p=941454803#post941454803

"I will! I am! I can! I will actualize my dream. I will press ahead. I will settle down and see it through. I will solve the problems. I will pay the price. I will never walk away from my dream until I see my dream walk away: Alert! Alive! Achieved!"

Marshall28 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Marshall28 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Marshall28 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Marshall28 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Marshall28 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Marshall28 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Marshall28 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Marshall28 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Marshall28 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Marshall28 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Marshall28 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Love the shaker!

Self proclaimed sorcerer Bnizzle163's Avatar
    Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Thanks for the review. Mine should be arriving tomorrow morning. I can't wait
    *Professional comic book geek* *semi-pro cartoon collector* *full time nerd*

My Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=166076501

Contact me for coaching/contest prep/nutritional services: WRyan163@yahoo.com

IG: @Bnizzle163