Thread: Sandbag

prtyp0isn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Sandbag

Just made a sand bag to workout with. I want to do cardio stuff with it.

Help me out with some ideas.

davesdomain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by prtyp0isn View Post

Help me out with some ideas.
    What did you make it out of?

I would think you could do regular exercises; squats, overpress, bent rows.

cthulhupun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cthulhupun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cthulhupun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cthulhupun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cthulhupun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cthulhupun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cthulhupun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cthulhupun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cthulhupun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cthulhupun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cthulhupun is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

John Hicks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) John Hicks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) John Hicks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) John Hicks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) John Hicks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) John Hicks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) John Hicks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) John Hicks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) John Hicks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) John Hicks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) John Hicks is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Arrow

How heavy is it?

I made a 150 pound sandbag and just picking it up to shoulder height and then dropping it and repeating that over and over was a very good workout. You could also bear hug it and carry it for distance.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Originally Posted by davesdomain View Post
    What did you make it out of?

I would think you could do regular exercises; squats, overpress, bent rows.
    I used gravel instead of sand cause I didnt want to have to worry about the sand leaking everywhere. I also could not find that great of a bag, seriously drove around for hours yesterday trying to find one. So the bag I got is just a cheap laundry bag and doesnt have any sort of handles on it.

Originally Posted by John Hicks View Post
    How heavy is it?

I made a 150 pound sandbag and just picking it up to shoulder height and then dropping it and repeating that over and over was a very good workout. You could also bear hug it and carry it for distance.
    Dang, 150 pounds, I only have 100 pounds right now. I guess eventually I will get some more weight. First I need to find a better bag to use. What did you use to fill yours with and did you portion out the weight into smaller increments at all?

davesdomain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I used gravel instead of sand cause I didnt want to have to worry about the sand leaking everywhere. I also could not find that great of a bag, seriously drove around for hours yesterday trying to find one. So the bag I got is just a cheap laundry bag and doesnt have any sort of handles on it.
    Good idea using the gravel. I have some left over from a landscaping project. I'll have to try making one.

Originally Posted by davesdomain View Post
    Good idea using the gravel. I have some left over from a landscaping project. I'll have to try making one.
    Thanks. Do it man, I just did a workout with it today. Its a good way to mix it up and really hard if you do it right. I thought I was gonna die.

YYZgeddylee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) YYZgeddylee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) YYZgeddylee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) YYZgeddylee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) YYZgeddylee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) YYZgeddylee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) YYZgeddylee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) YYZgeddylee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) YYZgeddylee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) YYZgeddylee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) YYZgeddylee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i found a heavy duty duffel bag at an army surplus store,
    put some lok-tite on the zipper. weighs 85lbs full of gravel.

rfc8man is on a distinguished road. (+10) rfc8man is on a distinguished road. (+10) rfc8man is on a distinguished road. (+10) rfc8man is on a distinguished road. (+10) rfc8man is on a distinguished road. (+10) rfc8man is on a distinguished road. (+10) rfc8man is on a distinguished road. (+10) rfc8man is on a distinguished road. (+10) rfc8man is on a distinguished road. (+10) rfc8man is on a distinguished road. (+10) rfc8man is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    What I do is go to a hill on my property that is about a 45 degree angle and sprint up about 50 yards with the bag on my shoulder and then jog back down. You do that for 10-15 min youll be breathing pretty heavy.

Home gym 'til I die. ProtienandIron's Avatar
    ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    When it comes to sandbag making and training, get yourself over to www.rosstraining.com. Hes got loads of artilces and vids on the subject too.
    My training log:
    ---------------
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=153596291&p=1062453741#post1062453741

[]---[] Equipment Crew #43 []---[]
    -!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #1 -!!!---!!!-
    ()---() York Barbell Club #4 ()---()