Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    xmagnumheartx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xmagnumheartx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Frustrated with Fat Burners!

So I have tried multiple fat burners and appetite suppression supplements but nothing seems to work. The only one that has done something is Lipo 6x but that only lasted a week at the most. I have also tried Muscle Pharm Shred Matrix, and OxyElite Pro and nothing. No burst in energy, no running hot, no appetite suppression and no weight loss. I really thought OEP would work because I keep hearing about how powerful it is but I felt no difference on it for a week now. Am I just not giving the supplement long enough to work or is my tolerance high. Any advice or product suggestions would be great. Oh and my stats are 5'11" 200lbs and 28 years old. I am in the middle of my 6th week of P90X. Not following the diet verbatim but amazing eating clean with high protein and moderate carb intake and low fat. I take 1000mg of BCAA's 3 times a day and Orange Triad 2 times a day, along with 100% Whey protein by ON about twice a day. Thanks for your help in advance.

Rob

Pleasurer has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Pleasurer has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Pleasurer has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Pleasurer has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Pleasurer has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Pleasurer has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Pleasurer has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Pleasurer has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Pleasurer has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Pleasurer has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Pleasurer has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by xmagnumheartx View Post
    So I have tried multiple fat burners and appetite suppression supplements but nothing seems to work. The only one that has done something is Lipo 6x but that only lasted a week at the most. I have also tried Muscle Pharm Shred Matrix, and OxyElite Pro and nothing. No burst in energy, no running hot, no appetite suppression and no weight loss. I really thought OEP would work because I keep hearing about how powerful it is but I felt no difference on it for a week now. Am I just not giving the supplement long enough to work or is my tolerance high. Any advice or product suggestions would be great. Oh and my stats are 5'11" 200lbs and 28 years old. I am in the middle of my 6th week of P90X. Not following the diet verbatim but amazing eating clean with high protein and moderate carb intake and low fat. I take 1000mg of BCAA's 3 times a day and Orange Triad 2 times a day, along with 100% Whey protein by ON about twice a day. Thanks for your help in advance.

Rob
    how many caps r u taking and around what time ?

xmagnumheartx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xmagnumheartx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Pleasurer View Post
    how many caps r u taking and around what time ?
    Of OEP I take one in the morning right when I wake up and 15-30 mins before breakfast. Then another one about 6 hours later. No change. No nothing.

bubblegumkitty has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bubblegumkitty has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bubblegumkitty has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bubblegumkitty has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bubblegumkitty has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bubblegumkitty has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bubblegumkitty has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bubblegumkitty has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bubblegumkitty has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bubblegumkitty has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bubblegumkitty has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Have you tried stacking a stim fat burner with a non stim? Also if its energy your looking for have you tried a pwo to give you more energy for workouts and in general?

I have no idea what the p90x diet looks like or how you're eating but if you aren't eating at a deficit it doesnt matter how many fat burners you take it wont really help.
    "If you can't take me at my worst you don't deserve me at my best."

In other words when I get cut all you boys out there who thought you were too good for me...YOU CAN EAT YOUR HEART OUT! MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Fat loss journal http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=133104993
    Infinite Labs log http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=656930103#post656930103

Hightower8 is just really nice. (+1000) Hightower8 is just really nice. (+1000) Hightower8 is just really nice. (+1000) Hightower8 is just really nice. (+1000) Hightower8 is just really nice. (+1000) Hightower8 is just really nice. (+1000) Hightower8 is just really nice. (+1000) Hightower8 is just really nice. (+1000) Hightower8 is just really nice. (+1000) Hightower8 is just really nice. (+1000) Hightower8 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I'm always amazed at the amount of people who need fat burners to lose weight...

IVIAVERICK will become famous soon enough. (+50) IVIAVERICK will become famous soon enough. (+50) IVIAVERICK will become famous soon enough. (+50) IVIAVERICK will become famous soon enough. (+50) IVIAVERICK will become famous soon enough. (+50) IVIAVERICK will become famous soon enough. (+50) IVIAVERICK will become famous soon enough. (+50) IVIAVERICK will become famous soon enough. (+50) IVIAVERICK will become famous soon enough. (+50) IVIAVERICK will become famous soon enough. (+50) IVIAVERICK will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Honestly, this doesn't make too much sense. I don't understand how if you are following the P90X program exactly as designed and adding fat burners on top of it that you are not losing weight. I understand that it's easier for some people to lose weight than others, but the main goal of P90X is to lose weight while increasing strength.

Summer of 2009 I was lazy and did nothing but sit around drinking and playing video games with friends. I topped out around 250 lbs. by the end of Summer. I started P90X that fall and all I was taking was Gaspari Mitotropin, BA, and the usual four of Creatine, Multi, Protein, Fish Oil. By January-February, I had dropped back down to 215-220. If you eat right and follow the program, the weight will drop. It's impossible not to.

However, I didn't follow the diet. I ran my own diet because I'm a picky eater and I didn't like half the stuff in the P90 Diet. I think you need to check more into your diet, though, as it's most likely the only logical problem if you are following the workout program.

How many Calories, Carbs, Fats, and Protein are you eating each day? You also gotta understand that it's not all going to drop off at once, especially if you're already lean. You will only lose around 1 lb. per week if you are on a 500 calorie deficit which means in 6 weeks you would only have lost 6 pounds.

placebo doesnt effect me or_yourlivingtodie's Avatar
    or_yourlivingtodie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) or_yourlivingtodie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) or_yourlivingtodie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) or_yourlivingtodie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) or_yourlivingtodie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) or_yourlivingtodie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) or_yourlivingtodie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) or_yourlivingtodie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) or_yourlivingtodie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) or_yourlivingtodie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) or_yourlivingtodie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    honestly, it probably aint the fat burners bro.....

if you're diet is spot on, you should be losing weight regardless of having a fat burner in your stack or not......................so if you STILL arent losing weight after adding a fat burner, your diet is obviously a problem, not the supps.
    goodbros, always and forever.

StoliFun has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) StoliFun has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) StoliFun has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) StoliFun has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) StoliFun has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) StoliFun has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) StoliFun has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) StoliFun has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) StoliFun has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) StoliFun has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) StoliFun has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Rob
    You shouldn't be eating a low fat, high protein diet. It messes with your hormones in a bad way, your testosterone production in particular. I recommend you tell the P90x diet to go to hell, and just eat balanced meals for a few weeks and see how feel. My brother did P90x for a bit and didn't see any improvement from it. I remember that for dinner he ate two plain goddamn chicken breasts, some salad, and some rice. It was such a stupid diet.

At your weight, while doing P90x, you can lose weight eating 2-2.5k a day easily. I'd recommend you try out the slow carb diet, where every meal is 1 part protein (steak, ground beef, ground turkey, eggs, , 1 part slow carb (sweet potatoes, brown rice, beans/legumes of any kind without added sugar), and one part low-GI veg (broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage, spinach, green beans, bok choy, asparagus).

Eat 4-5 times a day, and you'll get plenty of carbs, plenty of fat, plenty of fiber, and plenty of protein. It's a basic diet that doesn't require much measuring, especially if you load up on the vegetables. It's also cheap, because you can do this easily with frozen vegetables bought in bulk.
    Last edited by StoliFun; 03-31-2011 at 01:43 AM.
    Heterologously Vaccinated Superior Race Crew

Kurt Russell, Ray Winstone, Mickey Rourke Crew

"The dominant economic order rests on unofficial dependency and official individualism. Survival requires the transposition of these two ideas: official solidarity and unofficial individualism."

Originally Posted by SOJA View Post
    I've taken a look at the P90x diet. It's great if you're severely skinny-fat or obese, but it becomes incredibly useless after a certain point. OP, what is your diet like? I don't recall P90x and don't have the PDF anymore to see what your current phase is.
    I usually start the day with a an egg white omelet and three Orange Triad pills. Then about 2 hours after thatI usually have a clif bar or a some fruit with my two 500mg BCAA's pills. Then for lunch (usually after my work out) I'll have either whole wheat pasta or brown rice with either ground turkey in some chopped up tomatoes or make the ground turkey in to a hamburger patty and eat it with the rice. Then two-three (depends how busy I am at work) I'll have some strawberries and raisins (what my work has within easy reach) and two more 500mg BCAA's pills. Dinner is the hard part because it's usually late after I get off work (10pm.) So if I don't snag a mixed green salad with diced up grilled chicken and balsamic dressing at work, I usually come home and will have a bag of frozen mixed vegetables and a protein shake along with two Orange Triad pills. That's pretty much my daily eating habits. Of course it varies slightly but that's pretty accurate.

I have been at 200-202 lbs. for over 2 1/2 weeks now and I am not lean and I want to see this little pooch and my love handles go away! I train hard and eat right and it's still there.

LouB2010 is just really nice. (+1000) LouB2010 is just really nice. (+1000) LouB2010 is just really nice. (+1000) LouB2010 is just really nice. (+1000) LouB2010 is just really nice. (+1000) LouB2010 is just really nice. (+1000) LouB2010 is just really nice. (+1000) LouB2010 is just really nice. (+1000) LouB2010 is just really nice. (+1000) LouB2010 is just really nice. (+1000) LouB2010 is just really nice. (+1000)
    maybe you need a better diet and training program...just saying...

outside of that i don't take fat burning pills...i do take CL's AM shots...work fantastic for me but my diet, supplement regiment and training are great...so i lose a good amount of fat every wk...

I look at you and say to myself - is this guy serious about losing weight or what? Do you weigh your meals? have you figured out the macros your supposed to be getting in every day? Do you lift weights regularly? Any cardio?

I ask these questions because you don't need a fat burner to lose weight....so if you aren't losing weight w/o supplements that means your relying on supplements to do the work for you...although some supplements will make you lose fat even if your diet reflects the same prior to taking it - b/c some are that strong & some people are borderline gaining/losing weight...

Get your diet in check first...calculate how much you lose each wk...once you get a handle on that - then take a fat burning supplement...that will expedite the process...

Get diet in check & then figure out how to properly train your body...

jabmaster2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jabmaster2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jabmaster2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jabmaster2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jabmaster2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jabmaster2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jabmaster2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jabmaster2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jabmaster2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jabmaster2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jabmaster2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    ^^^^this

it seems to me you jumped on fat burners from the get go considering your barely half way thru p90x. If you followed the program as outlined and did the correct diet weight would come off as that's what the program does. Fatburners are best used when your at your last stretch of weight lose, not from the start.

Mfitz116 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mfitz116 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mfitz116 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mfitz116 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mfitz116 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mfitz116 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mfitz116 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mfitz116 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mfitz116 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mfitz116 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mfitz116 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Try to limit carbs after 7-8pm if possible (depending on when you go to bed). Carbs before bed=bad IMO. Carbs are used an energy source, and while you are sleeping your body is not using very much energy. Therefore extra carbs at night have a much higher likelihood of being stored as fat.

If appetite suppression is an issue, try psyillium husk fiber powder in water. It expands due to it absorbing water thus it makes you feel full. Also drink at least a gallon of water a day. That too will help you feel full. Get your diet in check and you should see the weight drop.
    Pain is temporary, It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit however, it lasts forever. That surrender, even the smallest act of giving up, stays with me. So when I feel like quitting, I ask myself, which would I rather live with? Facing up to that question, and finding a way to go on, is the real reward, better than any trophy. -Lance Armstrong

LouB2010 is just really nice. (+1000) LouB2010 is just really nice. (+1000) LouB2010 is just really nice. (+1000) LouB2010 is just really nice. (+1000) LouB2010 is just really nice. (+1000) LouB2010 is just really nice. (+1000) LouB2010 is just really nice. (+1000) LouB2010 is just really nice. (+1000) LouB2010 is just really nice. (+1000) LouB2010 is just really nice. (+1000) LouB2010 is just really nice. (+1000)
    i like the part where you say fat burners are best used when your at your last strech of weight loss...i would also add that this there stretch you talk of can be long just not as long...

It's a good pt because if your overweight - you really shouldn't have any problem losing a solid amount each month...however, as you get leaner (i can't specify what pt that is to be exact) but it can be a wise decision to introduce a fat burner, take a little time off & go back on - to get those extra pounds off quicker...

Also, i would add that if your obese (this guy isn't obese) then it should be easy to lose a lot each month - adding a fat burner might make you lose a significant amount more & results in loose skin - it could also possible heighten Blood Pressure considering at obese levels your BP could be high already...

So there are certain possible risks associated w/losing too much weight too fast...i lost over 90 something lbs but i did some chunks in spurts & was losing weight the whole time...i went low carb to mid carb levels...back & forth...always trying to lose weight but keep my strength up...so my workouts/diet would change from every couple months...you cant just turn around and say i am going to lose 100lbs in 6 months w/o drawbacks..

I lost this weight & actually was one of the few that transformed my body...meaning i did it while gaining muscle strength & endurance & looking good...not great but good...

Originally Posted by jabmaster2 View Post
    ^^^^this

it seems to me you jumped on fat burners from the get go considering your barely half way thru p90x. If you followed the program as outlined and did the correct diet weight would come off as that's what the program does. Fatburners are best used when your at your last stretch of weight lose, not from the start.
    Last edited by LouB2010; 03-31-2011 at 07:56 AM. Reason: can to cant

LoneWolf720 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LoneWolf720 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LoneWolf720 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LoneWolf720 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LoneWolf720 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LoneWolf720 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LoneWolf720 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LoneWolf720 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LoneWolf720 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LoneWolf720 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LoneWolf720 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Rob
    As far as fat burners go, some supps work for one guy and doesn't do anything for the next, but you shouldn;t be relying on them for weight loss, and also don't get the idea that they will get you ripped in two weeks, they just aid diet and cardio. But, if your doing P90X, I've never done it myself, but I know for a fact to make changes in your body diet is everything, whether gaining or losing weight, and for a pre designed program you need to be following that nutrition plan to a tee, otherwise your not going to get the results your looking for.

"Your one f*ck fantasy" Shortfuze's Avatar
    Shortfuze has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Shortfuze has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Shortfuze has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Shortfuze has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Shortfuze has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Shortfuze has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Shortfuze has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Shortfuze has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Shortfuze has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Shortfuze has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Shortfuze has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I don't have much faith in fat burners but if you're looking for a decent appetite suppressant then give Thermogum a try.
    *Simplicity is the key to life*

Thanks ZBlacktt for the mod rep!
    Thanks ForumSentinel for the admin rep!
    Thanks Gxp23 for the mod rep!
    Thanks 400LB Gorilla for the mod rep!
    Thanks CountryMike for admin rep!
    Thanks Nics1246 for mod rep!

I got married on August 24, 2013!!
    ლ(╹◡╹ლ)

JMilian22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I would tell you to look into lowering carbs or switching to a carb cycling diet. It does wonders for people who need to bust through a plateau while losing weight.
    Never settle!

724hp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 724hp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 724hp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 724hp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 724hp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 724hp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 724hp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 724hp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 724hp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 724hp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 724hp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    probably not the fat burner's fault... ensure your diet and routine is good to go. you might have built up a tolerance or have adrenal fatigue as well..

try going 3 weeks totally stim free, then stack something like mytotropin or OEP with Lean Xtreme while being insane about your diet. I can basically guarentee you'll see the results you want.

Originally Posted by LouB2010 View Post
    maybe you need a better diet and training program...just saying...

outside of that i don't take fat burning pills...i do take CL's AM shots...work fantastic for me but my diet, supplement regiment and training are great...so i lose a good amount of fat every wk...

I look at you and say to myself - is this guy serious about losing weight or what? Do you weigh your meals? have you figured out the macros your supposed to be getting in every day? Do you lift weights regularly? Any cardio?

I ask these questions because you don't need a fat burner to lose weight....so if you aren't losing weight w/o supplements that means your relying on supplements to do the work for you...although some supplements will make you lose fat even if your diet reflects the same prior to taking it - b/c some are that strong & some people are borderline gaining/losing weight...

Get your diet in check first...calculate how much you lose each wk...once you get a handle on that - then take a fat burning supplement...that will expedite the process...

Get diet in check & then figure out how to properly train your body...
    Well I am pretty serious about losing weight. I have big obese all my life and I finally made it a point to transform my body and I dropped 80 lbs. about two years and now I want to get lean and build muscle. I do P90X 6 days a week which consists of weight training and cardio. My diet can be better but I think I would need some direction on where to improve my diet.

I am obviously new to this whole bodybuilding thing as i am sure you and everyone else in here once was as well. So other than questioning my commitment how about some advice or explanations of your verbiage and something to help me in my journey, not question the steps I have taken. I am not being rude or disrespectful just discouraging that I come on here for advice and instead get my hard work thus far questioned.

Help a kid out!

xR1pp3Rx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xR1pp3Rx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xR1pp3Rx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xR1pp3Rx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xR1pp3Rx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xR1pp3Rx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xR1pp3Rx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xR1pp3Rx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xR1pp3Rx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xR1pp3Rx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xR1pp3Rx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    for one thing ... i thin Oep should dose at 3 pills per day.. so i would do 2 in the morn and one in the afternoon.

also there are many great fatburners out there..

VPX has some giant killers..
    Redline ultra hardcore
    LCH
    Meltdown

then there is great non stims to stack with them..
    LX and tt-33

also if appitite suppression is really what you need... try LGs new Rezolution..
    its great for killin your hunger.

page9931 is on a distinguished road. (+10) page9931 is on a distinguished road. (+10) page9931 is on a distinguished road. (+10) page9931 is on a distinguished road. (+10) page9931 is on a distinguished road. (+10) page9931 is on a distinguished road. (+10) page9931 is on a distinguished road. (+10) page9931 is on a distinguished road. (+10) page9931 is on a distinguished road. (+10) page9931 is on a distinguished road. (+10) page9931 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    your not eating enough throughout the day to promote weightloss. Meals arnt very complete either, Raisens and strawberrys at work going leave you starving for food esp if its through a long period of time that you are only consuming that the ammount that you are consuming atm is Maybe equal to 3 meals a day. You need to be eating 5~6x

Luckylefty811 is just really nice. (+1000) Luckylefty811 is just really nice. (+1000) Luckylefty811 is just really nice. (+1000) Luckylefty811 is just really nice. (+1000) Luckylefty811 is just really nice. (+1000) Luckylefty811 is just really nice. (+1000) Luckylefty811 is just really nice. (+1000) Luckylefty811 is just really nice. (+1000) Luckylefty811 is just really nice. (+1000) Luckylefty811 is just really nice. (+1000) Luckylefty811 is just really nice. (+1000)
    up your protein and fats. take out the balsamic dressing and use olive oil. instead of a salad before bed have more protein maybe try a casein blend. xf up 2.0 right before bed.
    Ergogenix Log New !! http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=158107173
    Prosupps Log No3 Drive and Mr. Hyde v2 http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=158704263
    Erogenix Ergoblast log come through ! http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=163581611&p=1280633621#post1280633621
    Ergo Cuts for them Sl...http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=166623201&page=3

mojo85 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mojo85 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mojo85 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mojo85 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mojo85 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mojo85 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mojo85 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mojo85 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mojo85 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mojo85 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mojo85 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by page9931 View Post
    your not eating enough throughout the day to promote weightloss. Meals arnt very complete either, Raisens and strawberrys at work going leave you starving for food esp if its through a long period of time that you are only consuming that the ammount that you are consuming atm is Maybe equal to 3 meals a day. You need to be eating 5~6x
    no, you dont. Enough Cals for the day for your goals is all you need, meal timing is one of the pinnacles of broscience.

Well said...well said...

Alright here it goes...this is my honest opinion...

Cut that P90X stuff out...Bodybuilders have been using muscle confusion for yrs and now some 90X wants to make claims to it...do some basic bodybuilding excercises - push & pulls...no fancy antcy BS...

Workout each muscle group 1X per wk...work your way up to doing 1hr to 1.2hrs lifting 5 days per wk. Those two days you have off hit the cardio for 45min-1hr30min each session...

Cut out all fruit...empty calories IMO although anything that ends in berry is better then let's say a bananna...no need for those carbs...

Eat Whole Oatmeal...not that instant kind bs....eat it first thing in the morning w/some eggs...

Lunch - eat lean meat w/whole grain bread...

Dinner - eat lean meat...

Nighttime meal (if you even qualify for one - need to count your cals) - eat lean meat w/whole grain bread...

Now you can skip some of these carbs out like i removed carbs from your dinner as an example...figure out your macros...figure out your daily cals...weigh your meat i.e. grilled chicken...prep your food for 1wk...i.e. chicken...cook 4lbs of it all at once & weight it and put it in sealed containers...

That's just to start...don't take any fat burners until your diet & excercise program yeilds weight loss results...then add a fat burner...this way you know your diet is in check first & foremost...

Drink protein shakes...4 per day...that's like 100 grams of protein....eat carbs only enough to fuel your body so you don't go catabolic....

Drink a whey blend like myofusion for the 3-4hrs of amino acid release...
    Drink an isolate or hydrowhey first thing in the AM
    Drink an isolate after you workout
    Invest in product for the anabolic window - start to finish of your workout i.e. Universal Torrent...if you buy Torrent figure out if you want the one w/or w/o carbs...your cutting so might want to skip the one w/carbs but you can always reduce carbs from your meals...

Take a pre workout like Animal Rage...this will give you energy even when carb levels are low...Torrent + Rage = great stack...

Next, your diet is in check & supplements in check...take a fat burner like CL's AM shots...space out the shots 5-7hrs from your pre workout energy drink i.e. Animal Rage....

BTW - this isn't that pricey...Rage lasts 44 workouts & CL AM shots last 30 days...together the cost is like $45... Torrent is $65 but lasts 5wks...

BUT MAKE SURE YOUR LOSING WEIGHT FIRST - MEANING - you should take the 4 shakes per day (because they are cals) & getting in the recovery nutrition...don't add CL's AM shots until your losing weight.

Another thing - if your taking the Torrent - space the isolate 1hr apart from taking the Torrent...the Torrent counts as 1 shake...isolate 1 shake, hydrowhey or isolate AM 1 shake...4 total

Well I am pretty serious about losing weight. I have big obese all my life and I finally made it a point to transform my body and I dropped 80 lbs. about two years and now I want to get lean and build muscle. I do P90X 6 days a week which consists of weight training and cardio. My diet can be better but I think I would need some direction on where to improve my diet.

I am obviously new to this whole bodybuilding thing as i am sure you and everyone else in here once was as well. So other than questioning my commitment how about some advice or explanations of your verbiage and something to help me in my journey, not question the steps I have taken. I am not being rude or disrespectful just discouraging that I come on here for advice and instead get my hard work thus far questioned.

Help a kid out!

Mfitz116 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mfitz116 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mfitz116 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mfitz116 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mfitz116 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mfitz116 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mfitz116 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mfitz116 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mfitz116 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mfitz116 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mfitz116 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Ok, to give you a guideline:

I try to keep my macros around 45% of my calories come from carbs, 35% from protein, and 20% from fats. I only adjust my calories depending on whether I want to bulk or cut. It isn't the fastest way you can use to lose weight, but it encourages muscle growth while still allowing you to drop weight. That way you wont be losing a bunch of muscle mass along with the fat. Keep a majority of your carbs as low GI (glycemic index) and eat a majority of them in the morning to early afternoon.

Ive done carb restricted diets, and they work great to lose weight. But you have to be very committed to it. If you go as extreme as something like a keto diet, then its even more important to get your macro's down. The down side to carb restriction is it hinders muscle growth. More muscle=higher metabolism=more weight loss.

To be honest, if you are looking for nutrition advice go to the nutrition forum http://forum.bodybuilding.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13 . The guys in there will be better suited to help you. Hope I was able to help you in your efforts.
    Last edited by Mfitz116; 03-31-2011 at 09:34 AM.
    Pain is temporary, It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit however, it lasts forever. That surrender, even the smallest act of giving up, stays with me. So when I feel like quitting, I ask myself, which would I rather live with? Facing up to that question, and finding a way to go on, is the real reward, better than any trophy. -Lance Armstrong

page9931 is on a distinguished road. (+10) page9931 is on a distinguished road. (+10) page9931 is on a distinguished road. (+10) page9931 is on a distinguished road. (+10) page9931 is on a distinguished road. (+10) page9931 is on a distinguished road. (+10) page9931 is on a distinguished road. (+10) page9931 is on a distinguished road. (+10) page9931 is on a distinguished road. (+10) page9931 is on a distinguished road. (+10) page9931 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    LOL so if you eat those calories in 2 meals your ok? Dont even talk to me thats the dumbest ****ing thing i ever heard lmfao lots of meals in a day is far from a myth its been producing great physiques for 30+ years

my pt is - 3 meals for him might be sufficient...you break them up so you have a steady release of nutrition.....the whole theory of losing more weight because your throwing coal in the engine only adds up to some more cals because your digestive system has to keep breaking down food...it's bs...you break up your meals for proper nutrition mainly.

now with that said - he may only want 3 meals because what are protein shakes??? Does that not help him throughout the day??? He is getting nutrition all day long.....my sister went on a kick eating like 6-7 small meals a day...she actually calculated wrong...she gained a lot of muscle...not her goal...

Eat 3 whole meals...what's he want to do eat like a bird...each meal a few hundered cals...that's being sarcastic...but being a BB you work your way up to additional meal...everyone starts at three numbnut

LOL so if you eat those calories in 2 meals your ok? Dont even talk to me thats the dumbest ****ing thing i ever heard lmfao lots of meals in a day is far from a myth its been producing great physiques for 30+ years

JoshuaNeff will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoshuaNeff will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoshuaNeff will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoshuaNeff will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoshuaNeff will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoshuaNeff will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoshuaNeff will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoshuaNeff will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoshuaNeff will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoshuaNeff will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoshuaNeff will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I did a pretty great bulk over the winter and gained a ton of strength... sadly went from 12%-14%. I would like to get to 10% or so and then slow bulk all summer and look good swimming.

I've been cutting (as long as strength stays the same or goes up) and having pretty great success. Strength is the same or higher (4 PRs on chest day Monday) and I'm down about 3.5lbs in two weeks.

I eat carbs preworkout, loads of protein, lots of healthy fats. (and vegetables of course) I've been waking up, hitting the mountain bike trails for 1-1.5 hours and continuing my day as normal until lifting at 5pm if it's a weight day. On weekends (usually a Saturday) I have a "cheat meal" which consists of healthy foods, but as much as I want of them.

Getting my diet spot on, biking and swimming for cardio (because they're fun) in the morning, and one meal a week to eat a ton and feel great seems to be working wonders. If fat burners aren't working, your diet or exercise is probably off.

mojo85 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mojo85 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mojo85 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mojo85 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mojo85 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mojo85 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mojo85 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mojo85 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mojo85 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mojo85 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mojo85 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    really?? Wheres the proof that 5-6 meals has ever been proven to be more effective then 3-4? 5-6 meals is not wrong, and it can help people but as a steadfast rule it is complete BS. Cals in vs. Cals out, no matter when you eat them. Trust me young one, learn from the knowledgeable.

read this post - reminded me of something else - cook in olive oil...none of that veg oil crap...olive oil is a great healthy fat...eat only healthy fats...take fish oil & a multi if you want for general health...it won't throw mass on you unless you buy something like Anavite - performance multi w/beta alanine & l-carnitine l-tartrate ...actually that would be a great option for this guy as well as those other products...but anyway, i'm tired...that was a long one...hitting the gym and changing up my routine like P90X...no just kidding...no lifting today...just running on the cardio machine - which is just the fat burning zone...don't be doing that extreme cardio crap...your doing it to burn fat not carbs & fat...keep your carbs for more important stuff i.e. lifting...low intensity cardio...plain & simple...

Originally Posted by JoshuaNeff View Post
    I did a pretty great bulk over the winter and gained a ton of strength... sadly went from 12%-14%. I would like to get to 10% or so and then slow bulk all summer and look good swimming.

I've been cutting (as long as strength stays the same or goes up) and having pretty great success. Strength is the same or higher (4 PRs on chest day Monday) and I'm down about 3.5lbs in two weeks.

I eat carbs preworkout, loads of protein, lots of healthy fats. (and vegetables of course) I've been waking up, hitting the mountain bike trails for 1-1.5 hours and continuing my day as normal until lifting at 5pm if it's a weight day. On weekends (usually a Saturday) I have a "cheat meal" which consists of healthy foods, but as much as I want of them.

Getting my diet spot on, biking and swimming for cardio (because they're fun) in the morning, and one meal a week to eat a ton and feel great seems to be working wonders. If fat burners aren't working, your diet or exercise is probably off.

Tounx will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tounx will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tounx will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tounx will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tounx will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tounx will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tounx will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tounx will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tounx will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tounx will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tounx will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    world wide web dot leangains dot com