StylesOfBeyond is a jewel in the rough. (+500) StylesOfBeyond is a jewel in the rough. (+500) StylesOfBeyond is a jewel in the rough. (+500) StylesOfBeyond is a jewel in the rough. (+500) StylesOfBeyond is a jewel in the rough. (+500) StylesOfBeyond is a jewel in the rough. (+500) StylesOfBeyond is a jewel in the rough. (+500) StylesOfBeyond is a jewel in the rough. (+500) StylesOfBeyond is a jewel in the rough. (+500) StylesOfBeyond is a jewel in the rough. (+500) StylesOfBeyond is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Foam roller; how much does it negate the 'old' way of stretching?

That being, if I can find a way to use the foam roller on the parts I intend to stretch out with a mix of dynamic and static stretches, would it be enough to replace them? Eg, instead of doing toe touches or a similar stretch, I just roll over my hamstrings on the roller for a while?

Just bought one the other day, kinda confused about how to use it best. As a stand alone or an add on to static stretching, so to speak. Cheers

cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz
    I could be wrong, but I was under the impression that foam rollers were for massaging not stretching?

I could be wrong....but that's what I've always used mine for...
    "Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard"

The more I workout at commercial gyms, the more I hate commercial gyms.

Psalms 144:1
    Praise be to the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle.

StylesOfBeyond is a jewel in the rough. (+500) StylesOfBeyond is a jewel in the rough. (+500) StylesOfBeyond is a jewel in the rough. (+500) StylesOfBeyond is a jewel in the rough. (+500) StylesOfBeyond is a jewel in the rough. (+500) StylesOfBeyond is a jewel in the rough. (+500) StylesOfBeyond is a jewel in the rough. (+500) StylesOfBeyond is a jewel in the rough. (+500) StylesOfBeyond is a jewel in the rough. (+500) StylesOfBeyond is a jewel in the rough. (+500) StylesOfBeyond is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by cgc View Post
    I could be wrong, but I was under the impression that foam rollers were for massaging not stretching?

See, this is why I need some help, I was under the impression it helped stretch as well!

Essexlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Essexlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Essexlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Essexlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Essexlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Essexlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Essexlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Essexlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Essexlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Essexlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Essexlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by StylesOfBeyond View Post
    See, this is why I need some help, I was under the impression it helped stretch as well!
    As far as I'm aware CGC is mainly right; massage is it's main purpose, google myofascial release. It does provide a stretching effect, but not in the same way as regular dynamic/static stretches for flexibility though.

It's an addition not a replacement.
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No. 22

yitmy will become famous soon enough. (+50) yitmy will become famous soon enough. (+50) yitmy will become famous soon enough. (+50) yitmy will become famous soon enough. (+50) yitmy will become famous soon enough. (+50) yitmy will become famous soon enough. (+50) yitmy will become famous soon enough. (+50) yitmy will become famous soon enough. (+50) yitmy will become famous soon enough. (+50) yitmy will become famous soon enough. (+50) yitmy will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Foam rollers are good for stretching ie lie on your back with the roller under your spine and you can get a good pectoralis stretch. I have never used it for the hamstring stretching though. You can use them for balance training and co-contraction. Ie using same position lying on your back and tighten your core and stay balanced while you lift a leg up...

So in short continue stretching the old way-not with the roller.

916stang is just really nice. (+1000) 916stang is just really nice. (+1000) 916stang is just really nice. (+1000) 916stang is just really nice. (+1000) 916stang is just really nice. (+1000) 916stang is just really nice. (+1000) 916stang is just really nice. (+1000) 916stang is just really nice. (+1000) 916stang is just really nice. (+1000) 916stang is just really nice. (+1000) 916stang is just really nice. (+1000)
    could you hurt yourself stretching/massaging with a foam roller? can anything go wrong with one?
    Progress=Lifting Heavier

"the closer you are to failure, the closer you are to victory, it all depends on how closely you walk the line"

cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by 916stang View Post
    could you hurt yourself stretching/massaging with a foam roller? can anything go wrong with one?
    From what I understand and I will openly admit, I am no expert - you are supposed to avoid rolling on your lower back...and I was understanding that you weren't supposed to lie on it strait up your spin (No offense to the poster who recommended it) as your spin has a curve to it and doing that would put awkward pressure on it. There are other ways to streatch your pecks with out laying length ways on the roller.

Also, again from my understanding you're supposed to roll towards your heart as opposed to just back and fourth (feel free to check me on that one)....

Praise be to the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle.

Trevy-trev is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Trevy-trev is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Trevy-trev is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Trevy-trev is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Trevy-trev is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Trevy-trev is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Trevy-trev is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Trevy-trev is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Trevy-trev is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Trevy-trev is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Trevy-trev is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I've read that you should use it working distally, as in work away from the centre point of your body. When I foam roll my lower body I usually start at my hip flexors and work my way towards my toes.

I am not 100% certain that this is the PROPER way to do it. It generally feels good if I do it kind of randomly too.

*edit* I stand corrected, please see Mindi's post below.

There are tons of articles and videos showing techniques and explaining different reasons to do it if you do a quick google search.

I agree with the above poster who said it is to be used in addition to traditional stretching, not as a replacement.
    Last edited by Trevy-trev; 09-20-2010 at 10:43 AM.

Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz

Originally Posted by Essexlad View Post
    As far as I'm aware CGC is mainly right; massage is it's main purpose, google myofascial release. It does provide a stretching effect, but not in the same way as regular dynamic/static stretches for flexibility though.

It's an addition not a replacement.

It can help loosen a sore muscle or make them supple flexible and warm for work it does not stretch the connective tissue, which is why weightlifter like using them, so it won't increase your maximum flexibility the way stretching out.
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No. 11

"As iron sharpens iron so one man sharpens another" Proverbs 27:17

Registered User ira_est_a_donum's Avatar
    ira_est_a_donum is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ira_est_a_donum is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ira_est_a_donum is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ira_est_a_donum is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ira_est_a_donum is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ira_est_a_donum is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ira_est_a_donum is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ira_est_a_donum is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ira_est_a_donum is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ira_est_a_donum is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ira_est_a_donum is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    the full circle foam roaller is mostly for myofacial release (google)... it will help "massage" the muscles and connective tissues like the IT band etc... it may help with making your muscles more "pliable" to be stretched....

MrCrispy is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrCrispy is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrCrispy is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrCrispy is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrCrispy is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrCrispy is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrCrispy is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrCrispy is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrCrispy is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrCrispy is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrCrispy is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    The foam roller will help recovery and loosen tight spots that will increase mobility and flexibility and thus help stretches.

Liveone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Liveone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Liveone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    No matter how scientific the description, we're not talking about being properly trained to use a corneal laser, it's just a piece of hard foam you rub against. Don't think there's much to it.
    It is not your paintings I like, it is your painting.
    -Albert Camus

Originally Posted by Liveone View Post
    No matter how scientific the description, we're not talking about being properly trained to use a corneal laser, it's just a piece of hard foam you rub against. Don't think there's much to it.
    Regardless if there's much to it or now...don't you like to know the proper way to do something?

I dunno...call me crazy, but I sure do.

I've asked another member who is pretty knowledgeable about foam rollin to pop in here and double check some of the stuff I've posted and just give some good in put...hopefully she will.
    Last edited by cgc; 09-20-2010 at 05:46 AM.

ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz
    If you meant these
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/po...-massager.html

They are meant to help loosen knots and get blood flow to muscles to aid in recovery, they are NOT meant to take the place of stretching

I have two and they work great, but don't use them and think you don't need to stretch

lift big 2 get big
    Former NPC Masters Competitor
    Certified Personal Trainer
    Mod @ bodybuilding.com

Obesity related illness will account for more than 1/2 of all health care costs in the next few years.
    So why is the damn government waging war on the FITNESS Industry??

Before you criticize someone, try walking a mile in their shoes
    Then, you are a mile away AND, you have their shoes!

DIRECT WORDS FROM THE CEO....
    -Mods cannot do name changes
    -Mods cannot mass delete posts/threads

Originally Posted by ctgblue View Post
    If you meant these
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/po...-massager.html

They are meant to help loosen knots and get blood flow to muscles to aid in recovery, they are NOT meant to take the place of stretching

I have two and they work great, but don't use them and think you don't need to stretch

Now THAT will be ordered to my house soon (I'll just have to con my wife into doing my back with that bad boy)....I like it.

Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz
    I think he ment this:

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/aa/foam-roller.html

But the same statements apply.

Those Tiger Tails really work well? I've been looking at something like that but this sure beats its price point and seems more comfortable looking than "The Stick". For half the cost I might have to own one.
    Last edited by Wildtim; 09-20-2010 at 06:45 AM.

ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by Wildtim View Post

Those Tiger Tails really work well?
    They are pretty awesome, I have both sizes, the small one fits in a travel pullman

They really work, you can actually use them TOO much and get overtrained. They can almost give a 'shiatsu like' deep tissue massage
    lift big 2 get big
    Mod @ bodybuilding.com

Obesity related illness will account for more than 1/2 of all health care costs in the next few years.

deracate chinese frower Mindi912's Avatar
    Location: Space Cadet City, ToughCookieVille, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Trevy-trev View Post
    I've read that you should use it working distally, as in work away from the centre point of your body. When I foam roll my lower body I usually start at my hip flexors and work my way towards my toes.

I am not 100% certain that this is the PROPER way to do it. It generally feels good if I do it kind of randomly too.

There are tons of articles and videos showing techniques and explaining different reasons to do it if you do a quick google search.

I agree with the above poster who said it is to be used in addition to traditional stretching, not as a replacement.
    No you have it the wrong way around, you always work towards the heart to help aid blood flow.

CGC asked me to pop in and give some advice seeing as he knows I have quite a bit of knowledge in this area.

Foam rolling is never there to replace stretching but it can certainly aid you in your workouts. While you can do stretches on the foam roller and yes it can help with balance etc by using it for exercises and stuff. Most people use it as a deep tissue massage tool and 90% of the people out there use it incorrectly. Most people simply roll up and down the roller thinking they are getting the full benefits. You should never roll up and down the foam roller with the same pressure that's why I always tell all my clients to reset instead because it's easier this way.

The foam roller is there to help work out the knots in your muscle, so for example if you were to work from the ankle up your leg. The correct way to use it would be to place either both or if you are brave enough one leg on the roller with the other leg placed on top of the leg on the roller to help apply pressure. As this is all body weight controlled, you can 100 % control the pressure you apply to the specific body part.

Now start at the ankle and roll towards the knee - never roll over the back of the knee. As and when you find pain/pressure/knots stop and keep a constant pressure on the knot until it starts to dissipate. If the pain does not dissipate after approximately 30 seconds slowly move up the leg until you hit the next knot. You will hit more knots trust me. Hold them in the same fashion until you have reached the knee. Again do not roll over the knee.

Now if you were being massaged by a person the light touch they do is called an effleurage movement this is just simply so they can move back down your body without loosing contact with the skin. However as it most unlikely that you can perform the same light tough while using your body weight to move the roller back to your ankles or body part that you are working on, it always seems best to stop, reset the roller manually and start again. You only need to go over the same area three times before you move on.

Why do you always apply the pressure towards the heart? Because blood flows against gravity and it pumped towards the heart, if you work against this you can cause damage to the body. Also it makes sense to aid the body in it's daily functions rather than to work against it. Now if you hit a knot, there is nothing stopping you from rolling back and forth in a small context because that is exactly what a masseuse would do to help stretch out that part of the muscle to help release it.

Another thing that massage helps with is the removal of your lymphatic waste and unlike blood is does not circulate through the body, it is helped by the blood and muscle contractions, lymphatic waste is moved towards the lymphatic nodes, groin, arm pits, neck, etc. Again you do not want to work against this system but rather aid it and work towards it.

CGC - I have rolled my lower back before but it can be tricky. As long as you are careful and confident and do not let yourself slip/fall down the roller you should be able to hit this area with no trouble.
    Last edited by Mindi912; 09-20-2010 at 01:44 PM.
    Perfection in mind, perfect body!

MMA Fight Record:

Amateur 1 - 0 - 0

Pro - 0 - 0 - 1 :(

Originally Posted by Mindi912 View Post
    CGC - I have rolled my lower back before but it can be tricky. As long as you are careful and confident and do not let yourself slip/fall down the roller you should be able to hit this area with no trouble.
    I appreciate it...and why I asked for your in put. I just don't like being the bearer of misinformation.

Thank you

deracate chinese frower Mindi912's Avatar
    Location: Space Cadet City, ToughCookieVille, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I appreciate it...and why I asked for your in put. I just don't like being the bearer of misinformation.

Thank you
    Any time dude.

Yeah the lower back is a funny area because of the curve in the spine. One thing you should always do is try and maintain the curve. It's what's called your neutral position, the thing to do is get your bum on the roller, hands on chest and very gently walk yourself forward without letting your bum touch the ground. This is why I said without slipping or falling onto your lower back. It's easy to let the roller get away from you.
    Perfection in mind, perfect body!

MMA Fight Record:

Amateur 1 - 0 - 0

Pro - 0 - 0 - 1 :(

They are pretty awesome, I have both sizes, the small one fits in a travel pullman

They really work, you can actually use them TOO much and get overtrained. They can almost give a 'shiatsu like' deep tissue massage

Have you tried "The Stick"? Its a similar looking gadget but its the one the tiger tail people talk about grabbing hair and being really hard. I'm wondering how the compare because I've played with the stick and it works pretty well for me but at $50 I think its over priced, except on those days when I'm really sore when I think it is way worth it.

How hard is the Tail? It must be pretty firm bt it doesn't sound like it is rock hard like the stick.

Originally Posted by Wildtim View Post
    How hard is the Tail? It must be pretty firm bt it doesn't sound like it is rock hard like the stick.
    No, it's soft until you apply a lot of pressure, so you can tailor the amount of pain you want to endure.
    The core is firm, but the foam has good initial give
    The 22" is long enough to hit your lower back without having a really flexible shoulder joint too...

The stick just frikkin hurts, all the time
    lift big 2 get big
    Mod @ bodybuilding.com

Sweet jesus, thanks so much for the responses guys, really some great stuff. Greens all around

Shame to hear that it can't replace stretching....now I have to figure out how to do it properly throughout the day!

EDIT: you have given out too much reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.

I'll hit up Mr Crispy and the above tomorrow, got lazy and did bottom up.

Trevy-trev is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Trevy-trev is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Trevy-trev is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Trevy-trev is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Trevy-trev is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Trevy-trev is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Trevy-trev is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Trevy-trev is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Trevy-trev is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Trevy-trev is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Trevy-trev is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Mindi912 View Post
    No you have it the wrong way around, you always work towards the heart to help aid blood flow.
    Thanks for the clarification.

That makes sense, I always questioned the way I was doing it, at least I hadn't done it the wrong way too many times.

Lyzabeth Lopez has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lyzabeth Lopez has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lyzabeth Lopez has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lyzabeth Lopez has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lyzabeth Lopez has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lyzabeth Lopez has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lyzabeth Lopez has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lyzabeth Lopez has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lyzabeth Lopez has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lyzabeth Lopez has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lyzabeth Lopez has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Great post! Thank you for the info
    The only limitations we have are the ones we put on ourselves.

www.LyzabethLopez.com

Lyzabeth Lopez has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lyzabeth Lopez has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lyzabeth Lopez has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lyzabeth Lopez has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lyzabeth Lopez has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lyzabeth Lopez has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lyzabeth Lopez has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lyzabeth Lopez has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lyzabeth Lopez has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lyzabeth Lopez has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lyzabeth Lopez has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I have a tiger tail (Photoed above) and a foam roller. I tend to use the tiger tail before a work out in place of stretching. After a workout I like to do a full stretch. I use the foam roller perodically mainly if my IT band is feeling tight... I highly recommend everyone get a tiger tail... they are amazing!
    The only limitations we have are the ones we put on ourselves.

www.LyzabethLopez.com

darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Lyzabeth Lopez View Post
    I have a tiger tail (Photoed above) and a foam roller. I tend to use the tiger tail before a work out in place of stretching. After a workout I like to do a full stretch. I use the foam roller perodically mainly if my IT band is feeling tight... I highly recommend everyone get a tiger tail... they are amazing!
    I'm sold on the tiger tail, gonna order one tonight since I'm gonna restock some supps anyway. I read this thread a long time ago I'm not sure why I didn't order one then...
    []---[] Equipment Crew #30 []---[]
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #7 []---[]

Home gym pics:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=652376&p=1192814061&viewfull=1#post1192814061
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=652376&p=1198875921&viewfull=1#post1198875921
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=652376&p=1202033661&viewfull=1#post1202033661

FatGymRat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FatGymRat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FatGymRat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FatGymRat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FatGymRat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FatGymRat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FatGymRat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FatGymRat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FatGymRat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FatGymRat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FatGymRat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Even though I don't think that the item you linked is what the OP was speaking about, I am glad you posted the Tiger Tail.

I have the older version of this type of product, just called 'The Stick', and I rarely use it anymore because the little rings are too hard and don't have enough give.

http://www.amazon.com/Stick-17-5-Sel...uct/B001004ZYQ

I think that the foam version that you posted would be a lot more effective and allow me to use it for a longer period of time to maximize results with less discomfort.
    "I am only one man, but I am a strong man."
    -FGR 2010.

You don't want the following day's local newspaper headline to be "Dumbass dies on an AirDyne".
    -weisgarb 2013

"Word of warning to whom it may concern: Picking up a 226lb atlas stone and putting it in your car's trunk is easy compared to getting it out of said trunk."
    -Xephonics, 2010

Tiptoe Through the Tulips eXistenceLies's Avatar
    eXistenceLies has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eXistenceLies has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eXistenceLies has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eXistenceLies has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eXistenceLies has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eXistenceLies has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eXistenceLies has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eXistenceLies has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eXistenceLies has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eXistenceLies has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eXistenceLies has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Every week I see this guy in my gym (big guy but short) use a foam roller on his back/lower on his back days and especially before dead lifting. I've been wanting to get one ever since. Reason being I get major lower back pumps when I deadlift. I have good form and wear a belt when going heavy. I was wondering if using those in between sets would help with the lower back pump? I as I read through you would start on butt and slowly work up on back. Finish position and repeat always moving towards the heart and not just back and forth. I see the guy usually go up and down very slow. Any input?
    █ ٩(�̮̮̃�̃)۶ Random Crew ٩ █
    █ 1K Club █
    █ Official Melanotan 2 Thread (http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=132097293) █
    █ PC Master Race Crew http://imgur.com/a/G4uVM & https://pcpartpicker.com/b/qmd6Mp █