RotatorCuff is on a distinguished road. (+10) RotatorCuff is on a distinguished road. (+10) RotatorCuff is on a distinguished road. (+10) RotatorCuff is on a distinguished road. (+10) RotatorCuff is on a distinguished road. (+10) RotatorCuff is on a distinguished road. (+10) RotatorCuff is on a distinguished road. (+10) RotatorCuff is on a distinguished road. (+10) RotatorCuff is on a distinguished road. (+10) RotatorCuff is on a distinguished road. (+10) RotatorCuff is on a distinguished road. (+10)

How much does fat help the super heavyweights in Olympic Lifting?

In Shane Hammon's interview on the Today show he stated that he bounced the weight off his thighs in the clean and jerk and off his waist in the snatch. The Iranian Champion did this as well. Fat is a very powerful cushion. Would a fatter man of equal weight as a lean man do better in the lean man due to his ability to bounce the weight of the fat? I mean these guys had huge heads and no necks. That's no thin layer of fat. Do they do this on purpose?

Barchetta has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Muscle would help better in the bounce(more recoil).

Heisman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Heisman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Heisman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Re: How much does fat help the super heavyweights in Olympic Lifting?

Originally posted by RotatorCuff
    In Shane Hammon's interview on the Today show he stated that he bounced the weight off his thighs in the clean and jerk and off his waist in the snatch. The Iranian Champion did this as well. Fat is a very powerful cushion. Would a fatter man of equal weight as a lean man do better in the lean man due to his ability to bounce the weight of the fat? I mean these guys had huge heads and no necks. That's no thin layer of fat. Do they do this on purpose?
    Remember, they are superheavyweights. They have NOTHING to lose by gaining weight, and, as you know, you tend to gain strength when you gain weight.

TTG will become famous soon enough. (+50) TTG will become famous soon enough. (+50) TTG will become famous soon enough. (+50) TTG will become famous soon enough. (+50) TTG will become famous soon enough. (+50) TTG will become famous soon enough. (+50) TTG will become famous soon enough. (+50) TTG will become famous soon enough. (+50) TTG will become famous soon enough. (+50) TTG will become famous soon enough. (+50) TTG will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Re: Re: How much does fat help the super heavyweights in Olympic Lifting?

Originally posted by Heisman
    Remember, they are superheavyweights. They have NOTHING to lose by gaining weight, and, as you know, you tend to gain strength when you gain weight.

Big bump to that.

I would say fat has very little to no role as far as pure strength goes. Pudz is enough proof for that.

RotatorCuff is on a distinguished road. (+10) RotatorCuff is on a distinguished road. (+10) RotatorCuff is on a distinguished road. (+10) RotatorCuff is on a distinguished road. (+10) RotatorCuff is on a distinguished road. (+10) RotatorCuff is on a distinguished road. (+10) RotatorCuff is on a distinguished road. (+10) RotatorCuff is on a distinguished road. (+10) RotatorCuff is on a distinguished road. (+10) RotatorCuff is on a distinguished road. (+10) RotatorCuff is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Mario doesn't have to bounce the weight off his thighs or waist in any of the strongman events. Even if muscle helped the bounce more than fat, additional fat could also contribute to a better bounce.

Smasher has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Smasher has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Smasher has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Smasher has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Smasher has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Smasher has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Smasher has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Smasher has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Smasher has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Smasher has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Smasher has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Pudz is a great strongman, but what I saw two nights ago was an incredible display of strength. As my first time watching live Olympic weightlifting ever, seeing those guys snatching 450+ and clean and jerking 550+ was amazing. I expected their form to be perfect and all, like what you see on the internet. Instead, these guys were sloppy as hell screaming like animals. It was truly entertaining. The fat definelty has to help at least with aborbing the pain, when the bar crashes down onto the collarbone.

gsmith728 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gsmith728 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gsmith728 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gsmith728 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gsmith728 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gsmith728 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gsmith728 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gsmith728 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gsmith728 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gsmith728 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gsmith728 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally posted by Smasher
    Pudz is a great strongman, but what I saw two nights ago was an incredible display of strength. As my first time watching live Olympic weightlifting ever, seeing those guys snatching 450+ and clean and jerking 550+ was amazing. I expected their form to be perfect and all, like what you see on the internet. Instead, these guys were sloppy as hell screaming like animals. It was truly entertaining. The fat definelty has to help at least with aborbing the pain, when the bar crashes down onto the collarbone.
    their form is top notch pal. they drill form with multiple workouts a day