4beesinmv has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 4beesinmv has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 4beesinmv has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 4beesinmv has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 4beesinmv has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 4beesinmv has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 4beesinmv has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 4beesinmv has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 4beesinmv has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile Protien Intake Limits!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Correct me if I'am wrong, but I have heard and read many places than approx. 30 grams of protien are about all your body can absorb in one sitting. So why do I also see many posts about people consuming 50,60 even some talking about 100 grams at one time, are they just ignorant or am I ?

Genetic Defeater warwithgenetics's Avatar
    warwithgenetics will become famous soon enough. (+50) warwithgenetics will become famous soon enough. (+50) warwithgenetics will become famous soon enough. (+50) warwithgenetics will become famous soon enough. (+50) warwithgenetics will become famous soon enough. (+50) warwithgenetics will become famous soon enough. (+50) warwithgenetics will become famous soon enough. (+50) warwithgenetics will become famous soon enough. (+50) warwithgenetics will become famous soon enough. (+50) warwithgenetics will become famous soon enough. (+50) warwithgenetics will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    please do a little searching and research before someone really lays it on you.
    I WILL win the war against genetics.

My GB+WB Log:
    http://controlledlabsforum.com/showthread.php?
    t=1553

My CEL NOX Surge Log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=12640310#post12640310

Guard_Pass_old is just really nice. (+1000) Guard_Pass_old is just really nice. (+1000) Guard_Pass_old is just really nice. (+1000) Guard_Pass_old is just really nice. (+1000) Guard_Pass_old is just really nice. (+1000) Guard_Pass_old is just really nice. (+1000) Guard_Pass_old is just really nice. (+1000) Guard_Pass_old is just really nice. (+1000) Guard_Pass_old is just really nice. (+1000) Guard_Pass_old is just really nice. (+1000) Guard_Pass_old is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by warwithgenetics
    word...

lincolnpark has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lincolnpark has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lincolnpark has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lincolnpark has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lincolnpark has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lincolnpark has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lincolnpark has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lincolnpark has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Search the threads.. its been done.
    LincolnPark's CEL Nox Surge Log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=12656852#post12656852

"Success is when preparation meets opportunity."

"Sports do not build character. They reveal it."
    -John Wooden

4beesinmv has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 4beesinmv has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 4beesinmv has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 4beesinmv has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 4beesinmv has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 4beesinmv has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 4beesinmv has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 4beesinmv has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 4beesinmv has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Cool Oh Come On !

Thanks for the useless info. 90% of the threads are the same old questions that have been asked 100xs, so whats one more. I told you I have gotten many different opinions, so I was looking for any current info. from people who may not have posted before. But thanks anyways!

another day in paradise punksurfer024's Avatar
    punksurfer024 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) punksurfer024 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) punksurfer024 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) punksurfer024 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) punksurfer024 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) punksurfer024 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) punksurfer024 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) punksurfer024 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) punksurfer024 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) punksurfer024 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) punksurfer024 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Myth #2:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    You can only assimilate 30 grams of protein at one sitting.
    Fact #2:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The body has the ability to digest and assimilate much more than 30 grams of protein from a single meal.
    Speaking of high intakes of protein, people have been perpetuating the myth that you can only assimilate about 30 grams of protein at a time, making protein meals any greater than a 6 oz. chicken breast a waste. This is anything but true. For example, the digestibility of meat (i.e. beef, poultry, pork and fish) is about 97% efficient. If you eat 25 grams of beef, you will absorb into the blood stream 97% of the protein in that piece of meat.

If, on the other hand, you eat a 10 oz steak containing about 60 grams of protein, you will again digest and absorb 97% of the protein. If you could only assimilate 30 grams of protein at a time, why would researchers be using in excess of 40 grams of protein to stimulate muscle growth?1

Critics of high protein intakes may try to point out that increased protein intake only leads to increased protein oxidation. This is true, nevertheless, some researchers speculate that this increase in protein oxidation following high protein intakes may initiate something they call the "anabolic drive".13

The anabolic drive is characterized by hyperaminoacidemia, an increase in both protein synthesis and breakdown with an overall positive nitrogen balance. In animals, there is a correspondent increase in anabolic hormones such as IGF-1 and GH. Though this response is difficult to identify in humans, an increase in lean tissue accretion does occur with exaggerated protein intakes.14,15

The take home message is that, if you are going to maximize muscle growth you have to minimize muscle loss, and maximize protein synthesis. Research clearly shows this is accomplished with heavy training, adequate calories, and very importantly high protein consumption. This means that meals containing more than 30 grams of protein will be the norm. Not to worry, all that protein will certainly be used effectively by the body.

^^^ as quoted from this link: http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/hst3.htm
    Millecor Sponsored Athlete

another day in paradise punksurfer024's Avatar
    punksurfer024 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) punksurfer024 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) punksurfer024 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) punksurfer024 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) punksurfer024 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) punksurfer024 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) punksurfer024 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) punksurfer024 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) punksurfer024 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) punksurfer024 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) punksurfer024 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by 4beesinmv
    Thanks for the useless info. 90% of the threads are the same old questions that have been asked 100xs, so whats one more. I told you I have gotten many different opinions, so I was looking for any current info. from people who may not have posted before. But thanks anyways!

my post isnt current info, its common info. not all info is found in the forum there is also a section of the site named 1000's of articles. in which they have 1000's of articles all relating to supplements, nutrition and bodybuilding. search there too.
    Millecor Sponsored Athlete

Genetic Defeater warwithgenetics's Avatar
    warwithgenetics will become famous soon enough. (+50) warwithgenetics will become famous soon enough. (+50) warwithgenetics will become famous soon enough. (+50) warwithgenetics will become famous soon enough. (+50) warwithgenetics will become famous soon enough. (+50) warwithgenetics will become famous soon enough. (+50) warwithgenetics will become famous soon enough. (+50) warwithgenetics will become famous soon enough. (+50) warwithgenetics will become famous soon enough. (+50) warwithgenetics will become famous soon enough. (+50) warwithgenetics will become famous soon enough. (+50)

I was not trying to be rude in any way. I apoligize if it came off that way. I was just saying that most of the time I spend on here is me just searching through forums that I have questions on. The search option on this website is VERY useful. I apoligize if it came out rude. Good luck!
    I WILL win the war against genetics.

My GB+WB Log:
    http://controlledlabsforum.com/showthread.php?
    t=1553

My CEL NOX Surge Log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=12640310#post12640310

R_N_S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) R_N_S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) R_N_S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) R_N_S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) R_N_S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) R_N_S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) R_N_S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) R_N_S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) R_N_S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) R_N_S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) R_N_S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Correct me if I'am wrong

you're wrong, but there's no set limit. Just be reasonable, you dont want to be eating pure protein at one meal anyway unless you're on a strict cut. Add in carbs and fats, and it doesnt make much sense to eat 2000 calories at once does it? In which case your macros will all be in a reasonable level.
    "Live like a bad son of a bitch and let's play some ball"
    - Lawrence Taylor

hang cleans - 315x3
    squats - 365x17, 435x10, 500x1, all with wraps only
    bench - 375x1, 225x23
    incline - 315x3

HARDCORE Croquet

PM me if I owe you reps and it's been 3+ days since the bet

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by punksurfer024
    my post isnt current info, its common info. not all info is found in the forum there is also a section of the site named 1000's of articles. in which they have 1000's of articles all relating to supplements, nutrition and bodybuilding. search there too.
    Thanks for the detailed info.

jsweetness will become famous soon enough. (+50) jsweetness will become famous soon enough. (+50) jsweetness will become famous soon enough. (+50) jsweetness will become famous soon enough. (+50) jsweetness will become famous soon enough. (+50) jsweetness will become famous soon enough. (+50) jsweetness will become famous soon enough. (+50) jsweetness will become famous soon enough. (+50) jsweetness will become famous soon enough. (+50) jsweetness will become famous soon enough. (+50) jsweetness will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    there is a general limit and last i heard it was something like your body cannot process more then 50-60g of protein per 90min. thats what ive heard numerous times for the last couple years.
    Cursum Perficio

Wink It's cool!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was not trying to be rude in any way. I apoligize if it came off that way. I was just saying that most of the time I spend on here is me just searching through forums that I have questions on. The search option on this website is VERY useful. I apoligize if it came out rude. Good luck!
    It's cool bro. I'am just a cranky old f***. who gets lost looking through all the old posts, and wanted a quick and easy answer! no need to apoligize.

Survivor of Breast Cancer karrieg's Avatar
    karrieg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) karrieg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) karrieg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) karrieg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) karrieg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) karrieg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) karrieg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) karrieg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) karrieg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) karrieg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) karrieg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Correct me if I'am wrong, but I have heard and read many places than approx. 30 grams of protien are about all your body can absorb in one sitting. So why do I also see many posts about people consuming 50,60 even some talking about 100 grams at one time, are they just ignorant or am I ?

You
    Yesterday is gone. Tomorrow has not yet come. We have only today. Let us begin.

Growin Guns is just really nice. (+1000) Growin Guns is just really nice. (+1000) Growin Guns is just really nice. (+1000) Growin Guns is just really nice. (+1000) Growin Guns is just really nice. (+1000) Growin Guns is just really nice. (+1000) Growin Guns is just really nice. (+1000) Growin Guns is just really nice. (+1000) Growin Guns is just really nice. (+1000) Growin Guns is just really nice. (+1000) Growin Guns is just really nice. (+1000)
    Also, don't forget that not all proteins are available and absorbed by the body at the same rate. Whey is easily digested and is largely used and out in around an hour, while a nice juicy piece of steak will take hours to break down and be absorbed. When you factor this in and realize that the uptake is spread across time, you can understand why only 30gms at once is a joke.
    Good luck!
    GG
    If you can't enjoy yourself while you do it, then don't do it.

Voted "Chief Inquisitor" by 4 out of 5 dentists who rant.

265 here I come! Again.

jmoore4556 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jmoore4556 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jmoore4556 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jmoore4556 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jmoore4556 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jmoore4556 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jmoore4556 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jmoore4556 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jmoore4556 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jmoore4556 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jmoore4556 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Yeah I thought it was more like 50 grams at a time was the max you can do.

Shortty2010 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Shortty2010 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Shortty2010 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Shortty2010 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Shortty2010 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Shortty2010 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Shortty2010 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Shortty2010 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

look at the pro s

Ronnie, Cuttler and Phill Heath didn't get the bodies we all want by eating 30g servings of protein!!!!!!!

josh001122 is just really nice. (+1000) josh001122 is just really nice. (+1000) josh001122 is just really nice. (+1000) josh001122 is just really nice. (+1000) josh001122 is just really nice. (+1000) josh001122 is just really nice. (+1000) josh001122 is just really nice. (+1000) josh001122 is just really nice. (+1000) josh001122 is just really nice. (+1000) josh001122 is just really nice. (+1000) josh001122 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Shortty2010 View Post
    Ronnie, Cuttler and Phill Heath didn't get the bodies we all want by eating 30g servings of protein!!!!!!!
    Strong 5 year bump.
    White Flood Juicy Grape Log!
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=139740223

My White Flood V2 Watermon Log (Complete)
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=135601151

Promera Health Con-Cret Log. (Complete)
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=137645853

Current Stack:
    Orange Triad
    Oximega Fishoil
    White Flood Juicy Grape
    SNS Alcar
    SNS Beta Alanine Caps
    Primaforce Agmatine
    Intrapro Chocolate
    Trutein Cinnabun
    XF UP 2.0 Cinn Roll
    XF Artic Lemonade

cr357 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cr357 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cr357 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cr357 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cr357 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cr357 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cr357 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cr357 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cr357 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cr357 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cr357 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Growin Guns View Post
    Also, don't forget that not all proteins are available and absorbed by the body at the same rate. Whey is easily digested and is largely used and out in around an hour, while a nice juicy piece of steak will take hours to break down and be absorbed. When you factor this in and realize that the uptake is spread across time, you can understand why only 30gms at once is a joke.
    Good luck!
    GG
    Good point.

Originally Posted by Shortty2010
    Well actually they get it from the juice. Those guys are not natural.

justfive is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) justfive is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) justfive is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) justfive is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) justfive is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) justfive is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) justfive is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) justfive is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) justfive is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) justfive is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) justfive is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by cr357 View Post
    Good point.

Well actually they get it from the juice. Those guys are not natural.
    did Heath even lift in 2005?

TheDesire has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheDesire has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheDesire has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheDesire has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheDesire has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheDesire has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheDesire has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheDesire has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheDesire has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheDesire has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheDesire has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by justfive View Post
    did Heath even lift in 2005?
    Because this thread got bumped from 5 years ago; I will respond to this reply.

Phil Heath starting lifting hardcore in 2002.
    TheDesire

justfive is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) justfive is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) justfive is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) justfive is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) justfive is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) justfive is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) justfive is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) justfive is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) justfive is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) justfive is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) justfive is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by TheDesire View Post
    Because this thread got bumped from 5 years ago; I will respond to this reply.

Phil Heath starting lifting hardcore in 2002.
    It was more of an attempt to emphasize how old this thread is and in turn illustrate the brute strength of this bump, than curiosity.

TheDesire has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheDesire has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheDesire has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheDesire has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheDesire has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheDesire has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheDesire has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheDesire has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheDesire has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheDesire has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheDesire has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by justfive View Post
    It was more of an attempt to emphasize how old this thread is and in turn illustrate the brute strength of this bump, than curiosity.
    I send my apologies then. I agree that it is an extremely old thread and should have never been resurrected.
    TheDesire

Originally Posted by TheDesire View Post
    I send my apologies then. I agree that it is an extremely old thread and should have never been resurrected.
    no need