Pumping-Up will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pumping-Up will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pumping-Up will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pumping-Up will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pumping-Up will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pumping-Up will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pumping-Up will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pumping-Up will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pumping-Up will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pumping-Up will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pumping-Up will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Discouraging Gym

I recently joined a new gym, and when I got there, boy was I surprised. EVERYBODY there is huge, just massive, I'm literally one of the smallest guys there, and I've been working out for almost 3 years now, and consider myself at least slightly bigger than average.

But I'm finding I have such a lack of motivation to go to the gym, it's so discouraging to see so many HUGE people, it just reminds me how long it'll take to get there. It really makes me not wanna go to the gym in the day, and just wait till like midnight to go every night.

I'm not really asking for advice, I just wanted to get that out of my system.

digitorum is on a distinguished road. (+10) digitorum is on a distinguished road. (+10) digitorum is on a distinguished road. (+10) digitorum is on a distinguished road. (+10) digitorum is on a distinguished road. (+10) digitorum is on a distinguished road. (+10) digitorum is on a distinguished road. (+10) digitorum is on a distinguished road. (+10) digitorum is on a distinguished road. (+10) digitorum is on a distinguished road. (+10) digitorum is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I workout at home, much prefer it! I can do everything there with free weights, two tables, a long pullup bar in garage and a bench with squat rack.

Pumping-Up will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pumping-Up will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pumping-Up will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pumping-Up will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pumping-Up will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pumping-Up will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pumping-Up will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pumping-Up will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pumping-Up will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pumping-Up will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pumping-Up will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I really like this gym's facilities, and I could never get a good workout at home. I have a bunch of stuff at home, I just don't like the setting, I can't really get into it if I'm home.

digitorum is on a distinguished road. (+10) digitorum is on a distinguished road. (+10) digitorum is on a distinguished road. (+10) digitorum is on a distinguished road. (+10) digitorum is on a distinguished road. (+10) digitorum is on a distinguished road. (+10) digitorum is on a distinguished road. (+10) digitorum is on a distinguished road. (+10) digitorum is on a distinguished road. (+10) digitorum is on a distinguished road. (+10) digitorum is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I'd like to go to a gym, if it was empty I'd love it!

Woody72 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Woody72 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Woody72 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Woody72 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Woody72 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Woody72 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Woody72 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Woody72 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Woody72 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Woody72 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Woody72 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I hear ya man. I hate busy gyms especially when the big guys are about. I dunno, i just kinda feel intimidated by them all, especially when they stare at me when i'm lifting. I think **** am i doing my technique right? Is he laughing at the weight im using? I get paranoid lol... But if some old/skinny geezer is lifting it doesn't bother me.

HulkHagen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HulkHagen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HulkHagen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HulkHagen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HulkHagen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HulkHagen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HulkHagen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HulkHagen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HulkHagen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HulkHagen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HulkHagen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Most bigger guys have been going to the gym for so long, and are so focused on their workouts that they could care less what you look like, and most are pretty cool in my experience. I wouldn't worry about it if I were you.

Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    my gym has a large mix of people, but i try to use the ones with very impressive physiques as motivation. you could try doing the same, no reason to get discouraged.

Well I'm not scared of them all teaming up and making fun of me or beating me up or anything, its just discouraging, because I have so long to wait until I look like that.

terrific has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) terrific has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Yeah i hate it when it's crowded with the huge guys, but early mornings like 8am its not bad when im not working theres only like 1 big guy that goes and hes cool and then the geezers of course but who cares

I Am Teh Lolrus stealth_swimmer's Avatar
    stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Pumping-Up
    I recently joined a new gym, and when I got there, boy was I surprised. EVERYBODY there is huge, just massive, I'm literally one of the smallest guys there, and I've been working out for almost 3 years now, and consider myself at least slightly bigger than average.

But I'm finding I have such a lack of motivation to go to the gym, it's so discouraging to see so many HUGE people, it just reminds me how long it'll take to get there. It really makes me not wanna go to the gym in the day, and just wait till like midnight to go every night.

What are you talking about?! If I went to a gym where everybody was huge then that would motivate me even more!

platnm will become famous soon enough. (+50) platnm will become famous soon enough. (+50) platnm will become famous soon enough. (+50) platnm will become famous soon enough. (+50) platnm will become famous soon enough. (+50) platnm will become famous soon enough. (+50) platnm will become famous soon enough. (+50) platnm will become famous soon enough. (+50) platnm will become famous soon enough. (+50) platnm will become famous soon enough. (+50) platnm will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Your 22, alot of them are 30+ think about how long they've worked out or even what they could or could have taken.

Rai has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rai has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rai has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rai has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rai has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rai has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rai has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rai has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rai has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rai has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rai has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    that should be you motivation .. dont get discouraged by it
    Date Joined Gym: 02/05/06

DOB: 06/06/91
    340 BENCH PRESS: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eRAqZgitsQ

Mango7 is a complete loser! (-2000) Mango7 is a complete loser! (-2000) Mango7 is a complete loser! (-2000) Mango7 is a complete loser! (-2000) Mango7 is a complete loser! (-2000) Mango7 is a complete loser! (-2000) Mango7 is a complete loser! (-2000) Mango7 is a complete loser! (-2000) Mango7 is a complete loser! (-2000) Mango7 is a complete loser! (-2000) Mango7 is a complete loser! (-2000)
    Would you rather work out with people who are smaller than you? You wouldn't be as hungry in my opinion. I used to work out in Gold's gym when it was a real bodybuilding gym (back in '83) and most of the guys there were huge. It really inspired me to lift hard and I really made some amazing gains that year.

Rai has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rai has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rai has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rai has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rai has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rai has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rai has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rai has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rai has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rai has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rai has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    that should be you motivation .. dont get discouraged by it
    Date Joined Gym: 02/05/06

DOB: 06/06/91
    340 BENCH PRESS: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eRAqZgitsQ

xxbigdavexx117 will become famous soon enough. (+50) xxbigdavexx117 will become famous soon enough. (+50) xxbigdavexx117 will become famous soon enough. (+50) xxbigdavexx117 will become famous soon enough. (+50) xxbigdavexx117 will become famous soon enough. (+50) xxbigdavexx117 will become famous soon enough. (+50) xxbigdavexx117 will become famous soon enough. (+50) xxbigdavexx117 will become famous soon enough. (+50) xxbigdavexx117 will become famous soon enough. (+50) xxbigdavexx117 will become famous soon enough. (+50) xxbigdavexx117 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    wtf??

If I had my way - my gym would be filled with ronnie coleman,dorian yates, etc... all squatting 700+ pounds (offcourse with the occasional piece of @$$)

most of those guys are great guys and to me it's very motivating to lift when there are guys there even bigger than me

K_muscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) K_muscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) K_muscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) K_muscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) K_muscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) K_muscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) K_muscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) K_muscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) K_muscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) K_muscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) K_muscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    A national level NPC competitor went to the gym I used to go to in highscool. Those guys always motivated me. I don't understand what the problem is...if you want to be the best then surround yourelf with the best people...
    A king may move a man, a father may claim a son. But remember that, even when those who move you be kings or men of power, your soul is in your keeping alone. When you stand before God you cannot say "but I was told by others to do thus" or that "virtue was not convenient at the time." This will not suffice. Remember that.

Registered User CheeseDestroyer's Avatar
    CheeseDestroyer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Well, I usually workout at home. But even if you don't want advice, here it is. Try and get familiar with those pros, become friendly towards them. You could really learn a lot from them and it could really benefit you. Just one more thing, don't be arrogant. Accept advice and criticism with a smile.

nothing but a peppercorn Rambo26's Avatar
    Rambo26 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rambo26 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rambo26 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rambo26 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rambo26 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rambo26 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rambo26 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rambo26 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rambo26 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rambo26 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rambo26 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    bigger/competing guys are good inspiration imo
    All posts should be considered in the correct context, especially those in the Misc section.

Powercleans+Squats=LOVE weights4life's Avatar
    weights4life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) weights4life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) weights4life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) weights4life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) weights4life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) weights4life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) weights4life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) weights4life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) weights4life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) weights4life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by K_muscle
    A national level NPC competitor went to the gym I used to go to in highscool. Those guys always motivated me. I don't understand what the problem is...if you want to be the best then surround yourelf with the best people...
    Very true!
    If you wanna get better at ANYTHING, hang out with better people who excel in whatever it is, it'll make you work harder to keep up with them.
    So be happy your gym is filled with serious body builders.

SycoJchun is just really nice. (+1000) SycoJchun is just really nice. (+1000) SycoJchun is just really nice. (+1000) SycoJchun is just really nice. (+1000) SycoJchun is just really nice. (+1000) SycoJchun is just really nice. (+1000) SycoJchun is just really nice. (+1000) SycoJchun is just really nice. (+1000) SycoJchun is just really nice. (+1000) SycoJchun is just really nice. (+1000) SycoJchun is just really nice. (+1000)
    WOW, that would give me motivation. Just the thought of one day being that big. You can always switch gyms.
    Citius Altius Fortius ~ Olympic Modo

Get Big Or Die Trying

"man is not meant for defeat. A man can be destroyed but not defeated." ~Hemmingway

"Reality is wrong, dreams are for real" ~ Tupac

whitesox3223 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) whitesox3223 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) whitesox3223 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) whitesox3223 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) whitesox3223 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) whitesox3223 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) whitesox3223 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) whitesox3223 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) whitesox3223 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) whitesox3223 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) whitesox3223 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Lightbulb

try starting a conversation with one of them. u might find that they are actually real people.
    RIP Wesley aka Iron Addict

Overtraining: What it is and what it isn't. And why you've stalled.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=1715261

Det-Lt. Police Squad BendinSteel's Avatar
    BendinSteel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BendinSteel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BendinSteel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BendinSteel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BendinSteel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BendinSteel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BendinSteel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BendinSteel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BendinSteel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BendinSteel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BendinSteel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Dude dont get yourself down. Im one of the biggest people in my gym and i dont mind smaller people at all. You said youve been working out for 3 years. thats awesome man, most people would never have your determination to last that long. when im at the gym im focused on my workout but i never look at someone smaller and think that im better or what not. ive come to appriciate the real dedicated people who are there and who want to improve themselves.

Keif23 is not very helpful. (-500) Keif23 is not very helpful. (-500) Keif23 is not very helpful. (-500) Keif23 is not very helpful. (-500) Keif23 is not very helpful. (-500) Keif23 is not very helpful. (-500) Keif23 is not very helpful. (-500) Keif23 is not very helpful. (-500) Keif23 is not very helpful. (-500) Keif23 is not very helpful. (-500) Keif23 is not very helpful. (-500)
    I actually feel how u do.. when i was in school.. i was the biggest kid in the weight room all the time it was awesome thats juss wat ppl knew me for and i was one the top 3 biggest in the school.. but when i graduated and had to go to a real gym.. i got hit real quick with wat ur at right now.. i was like damn i thought i was doing well for myself but theses guys make me feel like a 5 yr old.. but im at a different place now..(quieter). you gotta find a new gym thats empty... lol my gym is always empty i love it.. nobody elses **** to trip over.. juss me n the weights.. n when there is ppl in there... they are mostly older ppl.. find urself a older setting place.. where not alot of ppl go to (thats wat i did YMCA is alwys so crowded around here)
    Last edited by Keif23; 08-16-2006 at 09:26 PM.

Powercleans+Squats=LOVE weights4life's Avatar
    weights4life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) weights4life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) weights4life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) weights4life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) weights4life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) weights4life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) weights4life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) weights4life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) weights4life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) weights4life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    All gyms are empty at one point, you just got to find the right time to go.

Daweism is on a distinguished road. (+10) Daweism is on a distinguished road. (+10) Daweism is on a distinguished road. (+10) Daweism is on a distinguished road. (+10) Daweism is on a distinguished road. (+10) Daweism is on a distinguished road. (+10) Daweism is on a distinguished road. (+10) Daweism is on a distinguished road. (+10) Daweism is on a distinguished road. (+10) Daweism is on a distinguished road. (+10) Daweism is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    What gym do cheerleaders usually work out at???

J1987 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) J1987 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) J1987 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) J1987 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) J1987 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) J1987 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) J1987 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) J1987 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) J1987 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) J1987 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) J1987 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    yeah at my gym ive noticed the bigger guys are actually nicer to deal with. like yesturday there was a guy doing a **** LOAD of reps with the 90 pound DB's when i walked over to the benches him and this other guy where working out, and they offed up one of there benches to me, so i was like **** yeah! grabed some 70s and did like 20+ trying to burn out on em. i actually think they where kinda impressed. but see im not the type that would walk over to the 90's just to look like im tough like the other guy and do like 3 reps and crap out. its just not my style lol...

Originally Posted by Daweism
    What gym do cheerleaders usually work out at???
    I dunno, but I gotta get me some of that!