Thread: Baseball

MrT802208 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Baseball

What is a good workout for baseball. Are there any sites that give them out?

Baseball2002 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I don't know of any sites, but...

It depends what position you play. If you're a pitcher obviously you don't want to be too bulky and not be flexible or you will lose velocity on your pitches.

Back in the old days, weightlifting for baseball was really an afterthought. But over the last decade the game has evolved as a lot of position players bulk up nowadays (some w/ steriods, which we've all heard about).

It really just depends who you talk to, because many people involved with baseball have different opinions on training. I personally workout with a 3 days on, 1 day off split. I workout with heavy weights on everything except for my shoulders, because I don't want to get too bulky at my shoulders. For shoulders I just lift low weight with high rep.

If you look at today's players you'll notice most of the players that have a cannon for an arm aren't too muscular in the shoulder area like Mondesi, Ichiro, Johnson, Pedro, etc...

People like McGwire, Bonds, Giambi are all huge. But they don't have very good throwing arms.

Plyometrics (sp?) is also very useful to baseball players since baseball is based on explosive action instead of endurance (unless you're a pitcher).

If you need any other info, just let me know.

tre14 is a name known to all. (+5000) tre14 is a name known to all. (+5000) tre14 is a name known to all. (+5000) tre14 is a name known to all. (+5000) tre14 is a name known to all. (+5000) tre14 is a name known to all. (+5000) tre14 is a name known to all. (+5000) tre14 is a name known to all. (+5000) tre14 is a name known to all. (+5000) tre14 is a name known to all. (+5000) tre14 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    baseball? just get fat and buy some tight pants...
    "I do not agree with a word you say but I will defend to the death your right to say it." Voltaire
    "Always be generous with other people's money."

Train smarter not harder amusclehead's Avatar
    amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally posted by tre14

don't forget about your steroids.......oh, i'm sorry, baseball players call it 'creatine'
    Booo

Corpsegrinder is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Corpsegrinder is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Corpsegrinder is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Corpsegrinder is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Corpsegrinder is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Corpsegrinder is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Corpsegrinder is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Corpsegrinder is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Corpsegrinder is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Corpsegrinder is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Corpsegrinder is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Re: Baseball

Originally posted by MrT802208
    What is a good workout for baseball. Are there any sites that give them out?
    You don't need to lift, all you need to do is work with a medicine ball, stretch, and run a lot.

If you do need to put on some weight, don't overdo it.
    Laugh at my stats!

5'9
    140lbs

Chest - 35.5in
    Legs - 21.5in
    Calves - 11in
    Neck - 14in
    Forearms - 10in
    Biceps - 12.5
    Waist - 29.5in

Uh.. I can bench 125...

Remember, if you talk to people on the internet, you must be the best.
    You have a bigger dick, you are taller, you **** more girls, you can bench 5,000, you have a bigger dick, you are smarter, you could kick anyone's ass, and of course... you have a bigger dick.

John Henry has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by amusclehead
    don't forget about your steroids.......oh, i'm sorry, baseball players call it 'creatine'
    Look, a "bodybuilder" talking about all the drugs in baseball.

There are a ton of players that take steroids since there's zero testing until next year. There's five or six on my team alone that I know about that take them. I don't agree with it, but at the same time, I understand why they take them.

In my opinion, you do need to lift, at least at the college and pro level. Most college and professional teams have team weight training anyways. Medicine ball is good, but that alone won't be enough.

Sprints for position players are good, but if your not a pitcher there's really no point of running long distances unless your just wanting to drop weight.

Debaser will become famous soon enough. (+50) Debaser will become famous soon enough. (+50) Debaser will become famous soon enough. (+50) Debaser will become famous soon enough. (+50) Debaser will become famous soon enough. (+50) Debaser will become famous soon enough. (+50) Debaser will become famous soon enough. (+50) Debaser will become famous soon enough. (+50) Debaser will become famous soon enough. (+50) Debaser will become famous soon enough. (+50) Debaser will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Re: Re: Baseball

Originally posted by Corpsegrinder
    You don't need to lift, all you need to do is work with a medicine ball, stretch, and run a lot.

If you do need to put on some weight, don't overdo it.
    You need to lift weights, definately.

Debaser will become famous soon enough. (+50) Debaser will become famous soon enough. (+50) Debaser will become famous soon enough. (+50) Debaser will become famous soon enough. (+50) Debaser will become famous soon enough. (+50) Debaser will become famous soon enough. (+50) Debaser will become famous soon enough. (+50) Debaser will become famous soon enough. (+50) Debaser will become famous soon enough. (+50) Debaser will become famous soon enough. (+50) Debaser will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally posted by tre14
    It's better than lifting weights for a living.

Haha. Yes the pay in baseball is nice.

Originally posted by Baseball2002
    There are a ton of players that take steroids since there's zero testing until next year. There's five or six on my team alone that I know about that take them. I don't agree with it, but at the same time, I understand why they take them.

In my opinion, you do need to lift, at least at the college and pro level. Most college and professional teams have team weight training anyways. Medicine ball is good, but that alone won't be enough.

Sprints for position players are good, but if your not a pitcher there's really no point of running long distances unless your just wanting to drop weight.
    Running long distance is good conditioning for pitchers. Most coaches make pitchers run the most.

djjanzen31 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    There are many different workouts that are used in baseball. I am a sophmore in college and i have played in two different programs. Currently i play at a ncaa division 3 school but also played in a naia program. we lift arms 3 times a week and legs 2 times a week. we also run 5 days a week and do medicine ball exercises twice a week. If you are interested in different programs email me and i will give you what we use or you can try others that i have from the kanas city royals, blue jays, lsu, georgia, and a few other college programs. DJJANZEN31@alltel.net

tygersol is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tygersol is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tygersol is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tygersol is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tygersol is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tygersol is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tygersol is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tygersol is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tygersol is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tygersol is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tygersol is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    hwo the hell has nobody mentioned rorator cuff exercises! Avoid behind the neck presses. You want those puppies in the best condition. Sprints/medicine ball and most shoulder exercises will be good. Squats for sure... hope that helped you.

this isnt a baseball trashing thread just so you know although i have no respect for people like mcguire and giambi....SOSA juices! I cant see that *** in teh gym doing his lil kissy kissy stupid signals in teh gym like comon lol...
    "you were cheaper to feed when you ate crappy" - mom

weight-165 age-18 dead-295x5| 320
    squat - 285x10 | 300 2 accidents so far(lol) (TY squat rack)
    bench- 160x5 :( |175

Courage is the knowledge of what ought to be endured. ~ Philo

Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear.
    Ambrose Redmoon

tre14 is a name known to all. (+5000) tre14 is a name known to all. (+5000) tre14 is a name known to all. (+5000) tre14 is a name known to all. (+5000) tre14 is a name known to all. (+5000) tre14 is a name known to all. (+5000) tre14 is a name known to all. (+5000) tre14 is a name known to all. (+5000) tre14 is a name known to all. (+5000) tre14 is a name known to all. (+5000) tre14 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally posted by Debaser
    i think i turned into a homosexual with my last comment. i am sorry
    "I do not agree with a word you say but I will defend to the death your right to say it." Voltaire
    "Always be generous with other people's money."

matija has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hi
    I was wondering if anyone has any programas, that I can do in my gym, I have been using one that I have found here (at bodybuilding.com) but I would really like to change it
    Please help
    bye

Changing my body comp. MastrOfPuppets's Avatar
    MastrOfPuppets has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MastrOfPuppets has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MastrOfPuppets has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MastrOfPuppets has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MastrOfPuppets has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MastrOfPuppets has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MastrOfPuppets has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MastrOfPuppets has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MastrOfPuppets has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MastrOfPuppets has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MastrOfPuppets has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Baseball2002

People like McGwire, Bonds, Giambi are all huge. But they don't have very good throwing arms.
    I beg to differ.

MoP
    Always gettin bigger. :)

Recovering from a 2 month time off... this sucks.

ossumday1 is a name known to all. (+5000) ossumday1 is a name known to all. (+5000) ossumday1 is a name known to all. (+5000) ossumday1 is a name known to all. (+5000) ossumday1 is a name known to all. (+5000) ossumday1 is a name known to all. (+5000) ossumday1 is a name known to all. (+5000) ossumday1 is a name known to all. (+5000) ossumday1 is a name known to all. (+5000) ossumday1 is a name known to all. (+5000) ossumday1 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    http://www.stackmag.com/TheIssue/ArticleDraw/2932

^Derrek Lee's workout program. Look around the site, there are a bunch of others on there for all sports.