Rolling_Rock has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Good way to add some calories.

I posted before saying I wanted to put on some pounds. Everybody said EAT!! I thought I was eating alot but I was wrong. Rather than eat when I got hungry I started eating before I got hungry. After a few days of this I realized that I was constantly eating. It seems like the food disapears once it gets to my stomach.

I've got two questions.

1. Did my body get used to all the food coming in and then expect it? Before I really made it a point to eat a ton I felt like I had plenty of food most of the time and didn't get hungry that often. Now it seems like I'm looking for food every 30 min.

2. I've always noticed that I eat more when I'm in good shape and working out alot. It seems just rediculous now though. To really eat as much as I'd like to takes alot of time and planning. It seems like I just physicaly can't take in enough food to put on weight like I want to. Would a weight gainer be a good way to add some calories to my diet?

If it matters I'm 20 years old, 5'11", 140 lbs. About 3 months ago before I started working out seriously I was at 8.5 % bf. They gave me a test with the callipers when I joined the gym. I'm guessing it's lower now since I do a fair amount of cardio (tons of raquet ball)

Here's a typical day of eating after you guys told me to eat more. I've been doing this for about a week.

noon: 4 Eggs 3 pieces toast w/tons of peanut butter

1:30 serving of whey protien shake
    Some fruit, 2 apples or 2 bannanas

4:30 2 sandwiches, lots of lunch meat in them

10:00 1 regular sized frozen pizza.

midnight: WORKOUT + whey protien shake + creatine

3:00 am some pancakes or cereal

SLEEP!

I know I hold some strange hours, but besides that hows it look? Obviously it's not the same every day but it gives you an idea.

Thanks in advance for the help.

I'd rather die living than live dying.

It doesn't get easier, you just get stronger.

wildman536 is just really nice. (+1000) wildman536 is just really nice. (+1000) wildman536 is just really nice. (+1000) wildman536 is just really nice. (+1000) wildman536 is just really nice. (+1000) wildman536 is just really nice. (+1000) wildman536 is just really nice. (+1000) wildman536 is just really nice. (+1000) wildman536 is just really nice. (+1000) wildman536 is just really nice. (+1000) wildman536 is just really nice. (+1000)
    if you are seriously not gaining weight on that eat some more....

I always say to the people that tell me they cannot gain weight "why are you standing here telling me this and not eating right now?>???" if its that much of a problem Just add a cup or two of oatmeal to every meal (EVERY MEAL)

the peanut butter thing is a good idea but you sound like you need some milk too.... Drink a gallon if you have tooo....

Its your metabolism thats kicked in and is tearing up them calories.... try this and come back saying you cannot gain weight and ill ask you " are you eating while you are typing me this???"

Registered User Complete Muscle's Avatar
    Complete Muscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Complete Muscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Complete Muscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Complete Muscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Complete Muscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Complete Muscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Complete Muscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Complete Muscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Complete Muscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Complete Muscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Complete Muscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    ditto wildman.

And yes - weight gainers are a convenient way to add cals, as well as a gallon of milk a day like wildman suggests. You may want to do less or no cardio during bulking. Go for it, you're definitely on the right path!
    Make time to eat!