b.brooke.90 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up Just starting out. Some Q's and pics.

Hey there,

Im just starting out, im about 158 pounds 15 and almost 6ft. I just wanted to post up my pics and see what responses i get. What to work on, if i have a good base to start from? At the moment ive got very very basic diet with some vitamins and a real bad tasting protein shake.

Meals.

Breakfast - Oats/Poridge or Cereal + Vits
    11:15 - Fruit usually, apple and bananas whatever i grab in morning
    12:30 - Tuna sandwiches and more fruit.
    4:00 - Couple bananas, yoghurt maybe a roll. + Protein shake
    4:30 - Workout
    6:00 - Dinner including lot of veg and meat.

I dont really have a workout plan just if i feel something needs doing i do it, i deff dont overtrain or anything, at the moment i only have basic equipment ( small multigym thing and dumbells and barbell, quite a few weights) so i would really appreciate a basic workout plan just to get me going.

My main goal is to muscle up a bit and generally feel good about myself and live a healthy life.

Right so what should i really work on, is diet the awful and how do i look?
    Thanks for any replys.
    Attached Images

Danie0077 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Danie0077 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    There's absolutely nothing wrong with the base. However you've got problems with your diet - you need to incorporate much more proteins and carbohydrates.

Read the sticky threads - you should find the necessary assistance there to improve your lacklustre diet.

Marx2000 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Marx2000 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Marx2000 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Marx2000 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Marx2000 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Marx2000 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Marx2000 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Marx2000 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Marx2000 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Marx2000 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Marx2000 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Well its good you came here and its good that you want to change.

Your diet, while not perfect is pretty decent. A few changes you might want ot make are:

Add protien to your first and second meal

Have a post workout meal right after your workout.

Add a final meal before bed of cottage cheese (just eat it dont complain) and some healthy fats to slow digestion.

Use www.fitday.com to count your calores. I think 3000 a day should be a good start to get mucle on quick.

As for your routine....hmmm well i personally do a 5 day split working a mucle part separetly but some suggest upper body days and lower body days. You really have to choose for yourslef. Just remember to do compound moements. Those are lifts such as squats, deadlifts, military press, bench press. These lifts incorperate many mucles not just one and have many benifits comapred to isolation excersieses.
    6'2 190 pounds

Hit 180 and then bulk, bulk. bulk!

Thanks for your replys,

Im gonna check out the stickys and try to get together an improved diet. As for the workout...to me doing the body in sections sounds easier to start off with. Im familiar with squats and deadlifts but could you explain a military press? Cheers

Marx2000 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Marx2000 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Marx2000 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Marx2000 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Marx2000 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Marx2000 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Marx2000 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Marx2000 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Marx2000 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Marx2000 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Marx2000 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Its basicaly lifting weight above your hear either with dumbells, a barbell or a machine. On the main page of bb.com there is a link to many excersises. Its a plethora of knowledge and always good to look up.
    6'2 190 pounds

Hit 180 and then bulk, bulk. bulk!

Ok so ive been reading...Hows this look.

Breakfast - Poridge and a pint of milk. + Vits
    11's - Fruit
    Lunch - 2 Tuna sandwiches and more fruit.
    Before workout - Couple bananas + Protein Shake
    Dinner - Meat, rice/pasta and veg.
    Before Bed - Cereal or Poridge and couple glasses of milk.

Is that any better? I really am struggling to think of clean things to eat.

As for the workout this is what ive got, ive gone with a 4 day plan.

Monday - Chest and Calves
    Tuesday - Back and Triceps
    Thursday - Legs
    Friday - Shoulders and Biceps

Possibly including abs on the wednesday and friday? (not intense)

Thanks again for any replys =)

Snap87 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Snap87 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Snap87 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Snap87 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Snap87 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Snap87 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Snap87 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Snap87 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Snap87 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Snap87 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Snap87 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    for the protein..just eat as much protein as you weight, for carbohydrates eat 2x your bodyweight, for fat 0.4 x bodyweight.
    This is what ive been following since beggining of fall, and ive been gaining quality mass.

So lets say if you weigh 158 lbs. You should eat
    Protein:158g
    Carb:316g
    Fat:63g

This is, in your offseason (bulking up, building muscle/mass)

For specific exercises use this website http://www.exrx.net/Lists/Directory.html
    Last edited by Snap87; 03-28-2006 at 02:27 PM.