bigred90 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bigred90 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bigred90 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bigred90 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bigred90 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bigred90 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bigred90 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bigred90 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bigred90 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bigred90 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bigred90 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Staying out of the gym

Anyone else have a hard time staying out of the gym? I've been "working out" for about a year, 4 months of that training towards my first PL meet. Before, i liked goin to the gym, but it wasnt that big of a deal. Since i started my more serious training, my off days make me feel like ****. I wanna go and just sit in the weight room and watch people and shoot the **** with some of the regulars. Soon as i get my sled and start some more GPP, i wont have as hard of a time, but days where im just resting, i feel like im doing nothing lol. Anyone else ever experience this
    My log:http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=113353861

My friends. My family. I ask of you one final time to gather before me.
    Tonight we shall leave this earth as legends. Our only way to never die.
    This will be our requiem.
    In the company of death we walk side by side.
    Cast your differences aside for the lives sacraficed.
    I ask one final time to unite.
    Earn the right to stand with pride.
    We are in the company of death.

Govithoy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Govithoy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Govithoy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Govithoy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Govithoy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Govithoy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Govithoy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Govithoy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Govithoy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Govithoy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Govithoy is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    My problem isn't staying out of the gym, it's sitting still. In my apartment I've got a BB, 2 DB handles, some plates, and a bench. As such, on rest days (and even sometimes several hours after the gym on work days) I'll do one of the following three things:

Rest day option A: Practicing form on oly lifts. I'm personally working on the form on the snatch, my 2nd pull needs work, as well as dipping properly low enough under the bar.

Rest day option B: Practice B/W skills. One-legged squats for me at the moment. Ankles need work (especially my left) in particular.

Rest day option C: Light whole-body workout. If I do this, it's usually a light jog followed up with 2 sets of pushups super-set with rows, then light squats and OH presses. I work hard enough to get a solid sweat going, but nothing too intense.

Doing this is by no means going to kill you, overtrain, destroy your CNS, etc. Make sure to account for the extra calories you burn though. No need to accidentally start cutting .
    gympunk - "Thank God my wife hasn't ever been bothered by cum shooting around."

bigred90 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bigred90 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bigred90 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bigred90 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bigred90 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bigred90 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bigred90 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bigred90 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bigred90 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bigred90 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bigred90 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    haha, yea i go to the fields and walk for an hour, just to feel like ive done something that day. Its amazing how much just having a goal has changed my mental aspect. When i was just lifting to lift, it was hit and miss, who cares can make it up next week attitude. Now that i have a goal, i cant miss a workout

cupcakekid is a name known to all. (+5000) cupcakekid is a name known to all. (+5000) cupcakekid is a name known to all. (+5000) cupcakekid is a name known to all. (+5000) cupcakekid is a name known to all. (+5000) cupcakekid is a name known to all. (+5000) cupcakekid is a name known to all. (+5000) cupcakekid is a name known to all. (+5000) cupcakekid is a name known to all. (+5000) cupcakekid is a name known to all. (+5000) cupcakekid is a name known to all. (+5000)
    after you get a few injuries though you can appreciate days off. I personally lift weights 4x's a week, in my off days ill do gpp such as stone throwing, carpushing (havent been able to do last 2 months becuase of snow), strongman OHP with stones, limited sled work. I need to do more gpp, so im incorporating some speed/conditioning training that i did while playing high school Bball. One day a week ill do box jumps, pullups, medicine ball rotating pushups, jumprope.

the more beat up i am, the more like the rest days. After a heavy squat day, the extra time for salt baths are rly nice.

Code_B is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Code_B is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Code_B is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Code_B is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Code_B is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Code_B is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Code_B is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Code_B is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Code_B is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Code_B is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Code_B is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    yeah I feel like this too which is why smolov is so intriguing to me. I think it will make me love my off days =)
    Consistency

yea Smolov was fun, im so glad i did it when i had no work. I slept sooooo good during those weeks

Juic3 is just really nice. (+1000) Juic3 is just really nice. (+1000) Juic3 is just really nice. (+1000) Juic3 is just really nice. (+1000) Juic3 is just really nice. (+1000) Juic3 is just really nice. (+1000) Juic3 is just really nice. (+1000) Juic3 is just really nice. (+1000) Juic3 is just really nice. (+1000) Juic3 is just really nice. (+1000) Juic3 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I don't know about you guys but my workouts kill me so I love my off days.