MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

"Just until I get in good enough shape..."

"I'll drop a bunch of cash of this miracle machine, just until I get in good enough shape that I'll feel comfortable joining a gym...I really mean it this time - look at this jelly belly - when I get rid of that, then I'll join a gym and..."

Ah, the familiar repetitive warble of the "new year's resolution" bird, hatching and nesting everywhere. Soon, their shiny new machines will nestle under the Christmas tree, a present they bought themselves, a gift from a spouse, or perhaps from a fiance that wants their other half to slim down a bit before rings are exchanged.

Here's where many of them wind up - in the classifieds:

"Power blocks dumb bells, like new, 0-85 lbs. plus stand, new $500/$125 sell together for $500"

Over a hundred bucks they stand to lose on that one.

"Bowflex Powerpro w/ leg extension, never used, $800"

Well, they lost a couple of hundred bucks on that one, if they manage to get 8 bills out of it.

"Schwinn Airdyne, just like new, $500"

That's a couple of hundred down the drain, and this spring the sporting goods classifieds will overflow with with ads for "like new" stationary bikes, bandflexes, rowing machines, soloflexes, treadmills, etc.

If a person that rides their bicycle 3 or 4 times per week buys a stationary bike to ride in bad weather (aka snow and ice), then they'll probably use it. If a person who walks briskly every morning goes and buys a treadmill for the same reasons, then they'll probably use it.

However...

If a person who lets their mountain bike sit in the garage for 3 years suddenly buys a nice stationary bike, they'll probably ride it - once or twice. Then it's either a dust magnet or it gets put on the chopping block. If a person who never walks anywhere but to their car and to the refrigerator buys a new treadmill, they will use it once or twice, and then it gets dusty or unloaded.

For this sort of person, their workout program involves shopping for sporting goods, planning how they will use them to finally get in shape, and then moving on to the next freak-of-the-week exer-fad. It's so much easier than putting their shoulder to the wheel and buckling down to a good diet and a simple, consistent workout schedule.

They eat "fat-free" Snackwells cookies - by the truckload. They eat "fat-free" frozen yogurt - by the gallon, with caramel syrup on top. They drink soda pop with zero calories - which they feel entitles them to a cream-filled donut. They eat a lot more calories than they use. They move very little. They get very fat and weak.

New Year's is around the corner - don't be one of these people.
    aut viam inveniam aut faciam

tragic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    This is so true. I see it everyday, just turn on the TV any given day of the week and you will see the new Fad Diet. "In just 6 weeks you can look like this" *flash pic of a huge bb who has been lifting for about 30 years. "just 5 minutes a day three days a week and you can have the body of this fitness model"*who is on a stricter diet than Ghandi. It drives me insane, so much bull. There is no way any of this cna possibly work to the extent these people put it to, there is no way around, diet and training. Dedication and Self control. But then again, theres a sucker born every minute.
    -Jack
    CBBF Teen Bodybuilder
    If you even dream of beating me you better wake up and appologize -Ali
    Current: 210 pds
    squat: 495
    deadlift: 530
    bench: 235 ( I hate bench)

Goals:
    240 pds
    squat 600
    deadlift 60000000000000
    All By Dec 25 of this year

ja2001x will become famous soon enough. (+50) ja2001x will become famous soon enough. (+50) ja2001x will become famous soon enough. (+50) ja2001x will become famous soon enough. (+50) ja2001x will become famous soon enough. (+50) ja2001x will become famous soon enough. (+50) ja2001x will become famous soon enough. (+50) ja2001x will become famous soon enough. (+50) ja2001x will become famous soon enough. (+50) ja2001x will become famous soon enough. (+50) ja2001x will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Hollywood Diet

At last a dietary plan that "fits in perfectly" with the way we live!!!
    Now it's so easy to lose weight over the weekend! Imagine how great you will look and feel on Monday morning when everybody starts noticing the new you! And the best part is that you you just started two days ago on Saturday morning! Now it's Monday morning and your finished...after just two days!!!
    For only $29.95 you too can try the hottest weight loss program sweeping the movie industry today. Many of the stars on Seinfeld, Friends, Melrose Place, and ER have used this system to look great and get in shape quickly before shooting. It's the business of these folks to look great. This fabulous product makes it easy for them to achieve their great looks and now you can too.
    In just 2 days, you can "Detox" your body and lose substantial weight! So what are you waiting for? Order now and you can be turning heads like the stars in just one weekend! You CAN do this!!!

Its amazing how many people fall for stuff like the above, everyday there are new people thinking thier life will turn around and falling for bullsh!t programs. I should open a store, sell some water with red food coloring in it and say you will lose 48lbs in 5 days if you drink 2 bottles a day, only $89.99 each!

People wont just be realistic, hell it took me a few months to become realistic and realize I wouldnt be the size of all those super model guys in a matter of months.

No miracle substance will work better than hard work, diet and cardio. Hopefully one day people will realize that.

Good post Milo, it kind of makes you think about the people around you who do the same things.