KingKh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

To improve my strength and not gain much mass/lbs.

I'm in wrestling, 9th grade freshman, first time ever going out into bodybuilding stuff. I've wrestled since about 5th grade, and my weight class has always been small.

I'm 5ft 6in and I weigh 105lbs. I know i'm skinny as hell and I should've gained more weight before entering wrestling. i'm a frickin idiot for that i know.

Coach told me that I can't afford to gain much weight and that I'll have to go for strength, and as much of it as I can get.

I'll be taking a bodyfat test in a week or so, but: I am not skinny-fat for sure. My doctor said that I'm probably 10% or around there bodyfat.

Background check:

i can't afford to go to any gym or anything like that, gym here costs a crapload to go to and my school doesn't even have one. I live in a small ass town so yeah, the nearest gym is 20 something miles away too. I'm looking for exercises that I may be able to do at home.

I read here, just from a quick lookthrough, that I could just hold myself in a pushup positition with weights on my back and build strength like that. Its that stuff i need.

If you need more info tell me, and if you need to know how much I can do at a gym, like bench press, deadlifts and all that, i should be able to do that in a week or so.

Thanks in advance.

spot_skater is just really nice. (+1000) spot_skater is just really nice. (+1000) spot_skater is just really nice. (+1000) spot_skater is just really nice. (+1000) spot_skater is just really nice. (+1000) spot_skater is just really nice. (+1000) spot_skater is just really nice. (+1000) spot_skater is just really nice. (+1000) spot_skater is just really nice. (+1000) spot_skater is just really nice. (+1000) spot_skater is just really nice. (+1000)
    Dude.. 5'6 and 105 lbs?...

Just increase your protein intake and start lifting.

Focus primarily on compounds. Squats, dead lifts, rows, etc.

And I have a feeling you're A LOT less than 10% body fat. I'm like 12-14% and I'm 145 lbs, and relatively solid.

If I were you I would tell your trainers and coaches to leave you alone, cause you should eat, bro.

EDIT: Do those if you have an olympic barbell and some plates.

If not do weighted stuff... chins, pull ups, push ups, alternate grips and stuff.

Check out www.rosstraining.com

Well I don't wanna quit wrestling so i can't tell him to leave me alone..

Once wrestling season is over, or if it doesn't go too well, then right then I'll start gaining some major weight which i really friggin need. My dad, uncles, pretty much all my male adult relatives are all over 6ft and my mom is pretty tall for a lady, so I really can't stay at a low weight especially when I shoot up in height.

The site you gave me, after looking through the strength training for fighters thing, it looks like the guy has just what I need. To gain strength and not gain mass/lbs so i can make my class.

dannyswo is on a distinguished road. (+10) dannyswo is on a distinguished road. (+10) dannyswo is on a distinguished road. (+10) dannyswo is on a distinguished road. (+10) dannyswo is on a distinguished road. (+10) dannyswo is on a distinguished road. (+10) dannyswo is on a distinguished road. (+10) dannyswo is on a distinguished road. (+10) dannyswo is on a distinguished road. (+10) dannyswo is on a distinguished road. (+10) dannyswo is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    You might dig crossfit.com
    Iraq is not a breeding ground for terrorists, but a burying ground.

Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz
    To improve my strength and not gain much mass/lbs.

Less volume, heavier weights, and most importantly restricting your caloric intake.

You could try training full body up to 3x a week focusing on the main compound lifts, keeping the reps and sets low, and staying around maintenance calories with your diet.

Hallock is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hallock is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hallock is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hallock is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hallock is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hallock is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hallock is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hallock is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hallock is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hallock is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hallock is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    You should be careful about how much you eat if you're not supposed to gain weight. When I first started lifting I weighed 138 at 5'11 and simply adjusting the amount of protein I was ingesting (not my calories) caused me to gain about ten pounds due to beginner gains.

I'd also second the Crossfit recommendation if you do not have access to a traditional--or any-gym. Otherwise I would suggest looking for more explosive Olympic movements that can drastically improve your strength in a relatively short time since you're a beginner. The sport specific forum here may have some more useful information for you about routines and weight management.

Heavier weight with lower reps, as Dominik said, will help with your strength goals.
    Bench press - 175x4 (200)
    Dead lift - 355# (400)
    Squat - 4x225# x three sets (300)
    Military Press - 6x120# (BW)
    BB Row - 6x155# (175)

sKZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) sKZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) sKZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) sKZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) sKZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) sKZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) sKZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) sKZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) sKZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) sKZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) sKZ will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    All the info above is valid and you should make sure to follow it. I really have nothing to add that someone else hasn't said besides that if you get your hands on some dumbbells or barbell+weights, these are dumbbell only and barbell only programs:

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/wotw3.htm
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/wotw48.htm

Gl with wrestling.

Awesome man thanks! I can get some dumbbells, so those last 2 links are good for me, and the crossfit website is pretty good.

So what I need to do pretty much is follow those websites/links/guidelines, watch my calorie intake even more and while doing that increase my protein in-take. My coach calculated our calorie intake and I think I had to eat around 2500 calories a day. We practise everyday, and its wrestling,(if any of you were in a wrestling team you would understand trust me -,-), so i guess thats why its high-ish for my weight and height.

Quick question. Once wrestling is over, could I still do those dumbbell-all exercises but massively increase my calorie intake and do that to bulk up/gain mass/lbs?
    Last edited by KingKh; 01-01-2008 at 10:24 PM.

sKZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) sKZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) sKZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) sKZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) sKZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) sKZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) sKZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) sKZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) sKZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) sKZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) sKZ will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by KingKh View Post
    Awesome man thanks! I can get some dumbbells, so those last 2 links are good for me, and the crossfit website is pretty good.

So what I need to do pretty much is follow those websites/links/guidelines, watch my calorie intake even more and while doing that increase my protein in-take. My coach calculated our calorie intake and I think I had to eat around 2500 calories a day. We practise everyday, and its wrestling,(if any of you were in a wrestling team you would understand trust me -,-), so i guess thats why its high-ish for my weight and height.

Quick question. Once wrestling is over, could I still do those dumbbell-all exercises but massively increase my calorie intake and do that to bulk up/gain mass/lbs?
    Yes you can. Bulking depends completely on diet. So all you would have to change is your nutrition to gain the mass.

BTW, you should know that a program loses its effectiveness if you stay on it for too long because your body adapts to the program's exercises. For that reason, you might want to start reading up on exercises not included in the all dumbbell/barbell workout so that you could rotate the exercises periodically in order to optimize strength gain.