stallion16 is not very well liked. (-100) stallion16 is not very well liked. (-100) stallion16 is not very well liked. (-100) stallion16 is not very well liked. (-100) stallion16 is not very well liked. (-100) stallion16 is not very well liked. (-100) stallion16 is not very well liked. (-100) stallion16 is not very well liked. (-100) stallion16 is not very well liked. (-100) stallion16 is not very well liked. (-100) stallion16 is not very well liked. (-100)

Thinking of joining the MARINE OCS

I'm thinking of joining the Marine OCS program this summer after high school, right before college. I don't have an active interest in becomming a marine but I want to go through a program like this for the physical challenge, the mindset, the discipline, and the life experience. I do have a few questions though that maybe some of you guys can help me with:

1. How exactly do you sign up for this program?
    2. Does signing up for this mean that you have to enter the Marines or you are somehow more susceptible to being drafted?
    3. What kind of things should I expect durig the 8-week program?
    4. Do you actually get paid for this, i heard you do? if so, how much?
    5. Should I even bother to lift weights to prepare for this...I'm thinking alot of running and conditioning routines with bodyweight exercises may help...maybe even some sandbag routines?
    my blog- www.fatfightingformula.com, www.eliminateovereating.com

Cruored has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Cruored has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Cruored has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Cruored has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Cruored has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Cruored has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Cruored has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Cruored has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Cruored has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Cruored has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Cruored has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    well uh...i think if you join anything to do with the Marines (like a boot camp or officer program)...your in the Marines for 6 years..

but if you want to knwo more about it... find your local recruiter....tell him what you want out of the Marines, b/c they will get EVERYTHING they want out of you...ask your recruiter about all of your questions..
    Last edited by Cruored; 11-26-2005 at 08:49 PM.

V10Kyle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) V10Kyle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) V10Kyle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) V10Kyle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) V10Kyle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) V10Kyle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) V10Kyle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) V10Kyle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) V10Kyle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) V10Kyle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) V10Kyle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Actually, as is with any service, you are required 6 years of service when you sign the dotted line (whether that service be reserve or active). There are some exceptions or shortenings of duty time but you'd have to reference some place like about.com (look of the military section) and see the exact time frame.

And go ahead and join the marines a year before college. You'll have a good experience and you'll make some cash before you go to college and party it up. Chicks dig marines, man.
    Misc Time Lord