Need2BHuge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Application of Pro Tanand Dream Tan #2????

ok, i need someone to walk me through this to make sure i get it right.

Pro Tan: Say i wanna use 2 coats the day before, which i probably will. At what times during the day do i apply them? How long do i give it to dry? How long before i should shower after each coat? I spray it on and spread it into a thin coat with the brush right? Is it thick or thin?( i purchased them but havent opened them yet)

Dream Tan #2(im counting on this as stage oil also): I can use this as my stage oil right? So i apply one thin coat half hour before i go out on stage right? Use my hand? Do i dab it up with a towel a little after the application? Is it thick or thin? (again, i purchased it but havent opened it yet)

Anything that you can think of that i missed, please add. My dumb ass is competing, without ever before being to a show. I know pretty much what to do (symmetry round, posing, routine, pump up, etc..) Gotta pick up al the things im not sure about.

jay1514929 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jay1514929 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jay1514929 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jay1514929 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jay1514929 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jay1514929 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jay1514929 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jay1514929 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jay1514929 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jay1514929 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jay1514929 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I had the same questions and someone gave me this advice. I tried it and works well for me.

First off, forget about two coats the day b4. I am light skinned, scottish, irish, german so my advice will be assuming you are similar, ok? OK. Go tanning at LEAST 4 weeks prior to the show 3 times per week. Nothing better than a base tan.

If the show is a friday, you will begin applying ProTan on Tuesday. On Tuesday you will lightly spray it on and brush it in, in the morning (using about 1/2 of a 4 oz bottle). On wednesday morning have a friend (preferably girl since you will be naked) spray your whole body directly. Spray from about 10 inches away and use an entire 4 oz. Air dry and put on baggy clothes. Let the ProTan sit for 2 hours and then go tan. At night shower using a loofa, this will help the color even out and keep your pores clean. Repeat this on Thursday and Friday but don't tan on Friday. Saturday you should just need to make minor touch ups and oil down. Be CAREFUL around all your joints elbows knees etc. too much will look really dark and dirty.

In total you should buy 4 8 oz bottles just to be on the safe side. If you don't start applying tan early enough there is a chance when you are on stage it can run or peel.
    Last edited by jay1514929; 09-30-2002 at 12:02 PM.
    "The important thing is this: to be able at any moment to sacrifice what we are for what we could become."

~Charles Du Bos~

"The best thing you have to offer the world is yourself. You don't have to copy anyone else. If you do, your second best. To acheive success is to be first, and that's being yourself."

~John Denver~

Lift Bests @245 lbs
    Bench 450
    Squat 600
    Dead Lift 585
    Leg Press 1500

Pboy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Pboy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Pboy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Pboy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Pboy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Pboy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Pboy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Pboy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Pboy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Pboy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Pboy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    My first two shows I hit the tanning bed for 3 weeks and used 1 coat of dream tan right before the show. I was plenty dark. apply the dream tan with fingertips or palms of hand. It is kind of thick and will rub on like a heavy lotion. (under the cap there is a set of directions) It will work fine for stage oil. some people apply more oil on top, but I wouldn't recommend it. IMO not shiny enough is much better than too shiny w/ runs.

My last show I used pro tan and pam. I still had as base tan as it was in August, and I put on two coats on thursday about 6 hours apart. It takes about thirty minutes to dry. I showered that night and much of the excess came off. Friday night I applied another coat. I used Pam for my oil.
    Note: I sprayed the pro tan onto the brush and painted it on, as opposed to spraying it on my body. I tried the other way, but this seemed to work better for me.

I did not use dream tan. I don't think I was dark enough. I was 165 pounds and got three coats plus some touch-ups from a single 8 oz bottle. Don't be afraid to open them and try it out before the show. They won't go bad (I had 3 months between first two shows and used the same dream tan)
    Dixi

~Acta non Verba~

2002 Competition stats:
    (1st year competing)
    Overall Championships: 2
    1st in class: 3
    2nd in class: 1
    4th in class: 1 (Pro-Qualifier)

dam225 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dam225 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dam225 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dam225 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dam225 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dam225 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dam225 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dam225 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dam225 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dam225 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dam225 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I think the best way to use the protan is to pour a little out in a bowl and then paint it on with the brush.....goes on smoother than using the sprayer...

D