Thread: Squat Rack

hoggy101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hoggy101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hoggy101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hoggy101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hoggy101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hoggy101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hoggy101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hoggy101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hoggy101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hoggy101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hoggy101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Squat Rack

Currenly doing Rippetoe's SS and have a squat rack similar to the one below

http://www.pacillo.com/products/tds_squat_rack_b.jpg

Anyway as the weights on my back are geting heavier Im getting worried that if i get half way in a squat and cant get back up that ill do serious damage to myself.Basically what im looking to know is what kinda rack should i get that provides me with some sorta back-up if i can't do a full rep.

I was thinking about one like this,what do you think?

http://www.argos.ie/webapp/wcs/store...clickfrom=name

Im also wondering what way one stands with the marcy rack,i would assume you stand facing the front of it but could be wrong.

Apologies for the question if you think im stupid but i just dont know.
    P.S Reps to best post
    Last edited by hoggy101; 12-10-2007 at 08:34 AM.
    "Build upon strengths, and weaknesses will gradually take care of themselves."

holbee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) holbee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) holbee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) holbee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) holbee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) holbee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) holbee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) holbee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) holbee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) holbee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) holbee has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    The rack looks good. You're wise to start considering some safety feature as your lifts increase. I trained on one of those style (marcy) racks years ago in high school and never had a problem with them. We were taught to face the rack for squats as reracking the bar is less dangerous when walking forward.

p.s. Its neither a stupid question nor questioner. good luck!
    Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=124348591

Musclespeed rocks!

JeepCreeper is just really nice. (+1000) JeepCreeper is just really nice. (+1000) JeepCreeper is just really nice. (+1000) JeepCreeper is just really nice. (+1000) JeepCreeper is just really nice. (+1000) JeepCreeper is just really nice. (+1000) JeepCreeper is just really nice. (+1000) JeepCreeper is just really nice. (+1000) JeepCreeper is just really nice. (+1000) JeepCreeper is just really nice. (+1000) JeepCreeper is just really nice. (+1000)
    The first link isn't working for me, so I can't see the type of rack. The Marcy rack isn't going to help much when you are stuck at the bottom of a squat. What you really need is a power rack.

Images of power racks : http://images.google.com/images?hl=e...-8&sa=N&tab=wi

THey have adjustable stop bars that you set to catch the bar when you fail. Power racks can also be used to spot you in other exercises like bench press.

FNULNU is on a distinguished road. (+10) FNULNU is on a distinguished road. (+10) FNULNU is on a distinguished road. (+10) FNULNU is on a distinguished road. (+10) FNULNU is on a distinguished road. (+10) FNULNU is on a distinguished road. (+10) FNULNU is on a distinguished road. (+10) FNULNU is on a distinguished road. (+10) FNULNU is on a distinguished road. (+10) FNULNU is on a distinguished road. (+10) FNULNU is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    With you squat stands, just dump the weight.

hoggy101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hoggy101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hoggy101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hoggy101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hoggy101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hoggy101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hoggy101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hoggy101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hoggy101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hoggy101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hoggy101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by FNULNU View Post
    With you squat stands, just dump the weight.
    You mean with my current rack just drop the weight to the floor if i fail to get back up with the weight on my back!Somehow i dont think my concrete floor(and carpet) would be in great nick after that!
    Plus that in itself could potenially injure me!
    Last edited by hoggy101; 12-10-2007 at 09:18 AM.

Originally Posted by holbee View Post
    The rack looks good. You're wise to start considering some safety feature as your lifts increase. I trained on one of those style (marcy) racks years ago in high school and never had a problem with them. We were taught to face the rack for squats as reracking the bar is less dangerous when walking forward.

p.s. Its neither a stupid question nor questioner. good luck!
    Great so the marcy rack would be better than my current one in terms of safetly so,do you think that would be best choice in my case..the power rack mentioned like the ones linked are way too big for where im working out.they would definitely be the safest option doh.Repped

JeepCreeper is just really nice. (+1000) JeepCreeper is just really nice. (+1000) JeepCreeper is just really nice. (+1000) JeepCreeper is just really nice. (+1000) JeepCreeper is just really nice. (+1000) JeepCreeper is just really nice. (+1000) JeepCreeper is just really nice. (+1000) JeepCreeper is just really nice. (+1000) JeepCreeper is just really nice. (+1000) JeepCreeper is just really nice. (+1000) JeepCreeper is just really nice. (+1000)

Originally Posted by JeepCreeper View Post
    Well being honest looking at the sizes and so on,it probably would fit,the only problem is i dont think they would be available in ireland and the cost to get it shipped over may be very steep.thanks for trying nway.

Ill probably go with the marcy if nothing else comes up.